iPad OS 17 or iOS 17
950 8 2023-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

Has anyone had any issues using iPad OS 17 or iOS 17 with the Phantom 4 Pro?  I haven't tried it yet but was wondering if there was any bugs that anyone has run into while flying.  I know that DJI is going to say that it doesn't support it.  But they stopped supporting it about two OS ago.  So please help me with this.
2023-10-5
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
United States

Well if anyone wants to know, I did try it.  The iPad mini 5 and iPad OS 17 does work without any issues.  First I tried it with iPad OS 16 and the iPad mini 5 did just fine.  Then to make sure that iPad OS 17 would have any hope working on the iPad mini 5, I tried it on my iPhone 13 which was upgraded to iOS 17 already and it worked without any issues.  Then I decided to take the chance that it would work and upgraded the OS on the iPad mini 5 to iPad OS 17 and it worked without any issues.  I am relieved that this worked as my iPad mini 6 did not work and I really did need a iPad for this drone.  It is amazing that the only inherent difference really is the port on the two iPads.  I have a iPhone 15 Pro Max and it doesn't work either where my iPhone 14 Pro Max works just fine.  Again the only difference is the port.  And it doesn't matter the adapters or cable combinations I have tried in the past, they don't work.  
2023-10-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate you for sharing this test that you conducted for your DJI Go 4 app on your Phantom 4 Pro. We will gather this feedback of yours about the latest mobile devices to be compatible with the DJI Go 4 and forward it to our relevant team for attention. Rest assured that we are working on the newly-released mobile devices to be compatible with our applications. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-6
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-6 05:55
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate you for sharing this test that you conducted for your DJI Go 4 app on your Phantom 4 Pro. We will gather this feedback of yours about the latest mobile devices to be compatible with the DJI Go 4 and forward it to our relevant team for attention. Rest assured that we are working on the newly-released mobile devices to be compatible with our applications. Thank you for your understanding.

Why would you put any more Research and Development into 6 year old drones?  You guys are trained to say that so you look nice to us.  I have for a good part of a year asked you guys to get the iPad mini 6 looked into for compatibility to work on the Phantom 4 Pro and it still doesn't work.  I warned you a long time ago that the iPhone was going to be switching to a USB C port one of these days and it finally did and now the iPhone doesn't even work anymore.  You have to have an older iPhone or older iPad in order to use the Phantom 4 Pro now.  You guys are leaving this drone in your rear view mirror and providing limited support for it for a few more years, in which you will stop supporting it.  
2023-10-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Shawgod Posted at 10-6 06:05
Why would you put any more Research and Development into 6 year old drones?  You guys are trained to say that so you look nice to us.  I have for a good part of a year asked you guys to get the iPad mini 6 looked into for compatibility to work on the Phantom 4 Pro and it still doesn't work.  I warned you a long time ago that the iPhone was going to be switching to a USB C port one of these days and it finally did and now the iPhone doesn't even work anymore.  You have to have an older iPhone or older iPad in order to use the Phantom 4 Pro now.  You guys are leaving this drone in your rear view mirror and providing limited support for it for a few more years, in which you will stop supporting it.

We totally understand. Please note that we are still supporting the DJI Go 4 app as a lot of consumer drones are still using this application. We will forward this feedback of yours to our relevant team. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-9
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-9 08:59
We totally understand. Please note that we are still supporting the DJI Go 4 app as a lot of consumer drones are still using this application. We will forward this feedback of yours to our relevant team. Thank you for your understanding.

You may still support DJI Go 4 app, but you have not shown any plans on supporting the USB C port on the iPhone or iPad yet.
2023-10-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Shawgod Posted at 10-17 04:51
You may still support DJI Go 4 app, but you have not shown any plans on supporting the USB C port on the iPhone or iPad yet.

Thank you for your response. Rest assured that this suggestion of yours will be sent to our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-10-19
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-19 00:00
Thank you for your response. Rest assured that this suggestion of yours will be sent to our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

I know you guys have this love of the iPhone and iPads for your drones.  I would hope your engineers would put some time into fixing this issue now.  
2023-10-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Shawgod Posted at 10-19 10:51
I know you guys have this love of the iPhone and iPads for your drones.  I would hope your engineers would put some time into fixing this issue now.

Hi, Shawgod. We always value every suggestion of our customers. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules