phantom 4 rtk short range
757 14 2023-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_BzJVx5qU0uvg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 607057 ft
Dominican Republic

I have a problem with my drone and it is that at a short distance the remote control signal starts to go away and I don't know what the cause is, it goes away even in places without electromagnetic interference. I attach images and videos.

good signal

good signal

low signal

low signal

https://youtu.be/dOJn-Dh39iE

2023-10-5
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

I saw this frequently (in English) on a recent project as well. Have not changed anything (like installing the recent RID fw update) or had any crashes/mishaps AFAIK, but was experiencing the same errors despite the drone not being all that far away. Repositioning the RC higher & pointing it directly @ the P4R usually cleared the error, but I don't recall needing to do this under similar circumstances in the past.
2023-10-5
Use props
djiuser_BzJVx5qU0uvg
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

patiam Posted at 10-5 16:23
I saw this frequently (in English) on a recent project as well. Have not changed anything (like installing the recent RID fw update) or had any crashes/mishaps AFAIK, but was experiencing the same errors despite the drone not being all that far away. Repositioning the RC higher & pointing it directly @ the P4R usually cleared the error, but I don't recall needing to do this under similar circumstances in the past.

If you look at the distance in the videos and photos, it doesn't even reach 300m and the signal is gone. The phantom 4 rtk claims to give 7km in the best of cases but it doesn't even give 1km. This is not normal.

Have you not seen a solution or other forums for this problem?
2023-10-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, please check the transmission settings and see if there are interferences in the current channel. If yes, please choose a channel with less interference.
Please also try to adjust the direction of the antennas, it would be better to let the controller antennas point towards the front or rear of the aircraft. Please keep us updated with the result.
2023-10-6
Use props
djiuser_BzJVx5qU0uvg
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

DJI Susan Posted at 10-6 03:33
Hi there, please check the transmission settings and see if there are interferences in the current channel. If yes, please choose a channel with less interference.
Please also try to adjust the direction of the antennas, it would be better to let the controller antennas point towards the front or rear of the aircraft. Please keep us updated with the result.

Hello, thanks for answering. On the same flight in which I sent the video I made the same recommendations that you give me but without result, however, I noticed that the frequency remains fixed at 5.8Ghz, if it has two bands and leave the configuration on automatic so that it is the same control change to the one with the least interference. The transmission won't let me change it to 2.4Ghz, I don't know if this is normal or not. Thanks in advance. My country is the Dominican Republic.

2023-10-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_BzJVx5qU0uvg Posted at 10-6 08:16
Hello, thanks for answering. On the same flight in which I sent the video I made the same recommendations that you give me but without result, however, I noticed that the frequency remains fixed at 5.8Ghz, if it has two bands and leave the configuration on automatic so that it is the same control change to the one with the least interference. The transmission won't let me change it to 2.4Ghz, I don't know if this is normal or not. Thanks in advance. My country is the Dominican Republic.
https://ministeriomedioambiente-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/yodalberth_baez_ambiente_gob_do/EenOkZe5erZIuw2CYWhAiz4BIS5HEjf2jXCsDO3z667hqA?e=qtWgj8[/img]
[view_image]

Thank you for your reply, I will double confirm this with our engineers to see if they have further suggestions.
2023-10-7
Use props
djiuser_BzJVx5qU0uvg
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

DJI Susan Posted at 10-7 07:09
Thank you for your reply, I will double confirm this with our engineers to see if they have further suggestions.

thank you. I have another video of a flight I did in another place and I have this same problem, if it helps you detect the possible problem I can provide it to you
2023-10-7
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

@djiuser_BzJVx5qU0uvg- can you please post the firmware you are using on the P4R & RC?
2023-10-7
Use props
djiuser_BzJVx5qU0uvg
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

patiam Posted at 10-7 08:53
@djiuser_BzJVx5qU0uvg- can you please post the firmware you are using on the P4R & RC?

the last version
2023-10-7
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

it would be better to state the version by #
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_BzJVx5qU0uvg Posted at 10-7 07:49
thank you. I have another video of a flight I did in another place and I have this same problem, if it helps you detect the possible problem I can provide it to you

Yes, please. And as patiam mentioned, if would be great if you could provide the screenshot of the firmware information as well.
2023-10-9
Use props
djiuser_BzJVx5qU0uvg
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

patiam Posted at 10-7 16:12
it would be better to state the version by #

drone: 02.02.0616
RC: 02.02.0614
2023-10-9
Use props
djiuser_BzJVx5qU0uvg
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

DJI Susan Posted at 10-9 01:11
Yes, please. And as patiam mentioned, if would be great if you could provide the screenshot of the firmware information as well.

https://youtu.be/tSTuV77AI6U
2023-10-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thank you very much, I have sent the information to the engineers, I will keep you updated.
2023-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, the engineers mentioned that since the control signal stayed connected while the transmission signal was disconnected, if you have another controller or aircraft to do cross-tests, you may try to test out to confirm if it is related to the aircraft or controller.
If there are other devices to help test it, kindly send both the controller and aircraft back to us for further analysis.
Please click https://www.dji.com/service/repair to start an online repair case.
2023-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules