Android 14 and DJI GO 4 App Crash
4349 29 2023-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
misterjack
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3544567 ft
Switzerland

I have updated my phone to Android 14. Since then, I can no longer launch the DJI GO 4 app -it crashes immediately.
2023-10-6
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is well known and a DJI tradition. Every new Android version update breaks DJI apps for some time until they find the time to address it.
2023-10-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Have you already tried clearing the mobile phone cache and ensuring that the mobile phone has enough storage available (10G or more is recommended) and then hard restarting the mobile phone? Also please check the App version, if the app is not the latest version, then it is recommended to update the app to the latest version: https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 Have a great day.
2023-10-6
Use props
misterjack
lvl.1
Switzerland

Thank you for your answers.
I have tried everything, cleared the cache, reinstalled the app, restarted the phone. All without success.
It's a shame DJI can't get a grip on this, they would have time to prepare their apps during the Android beta phase.
So wait and hope the new version comes soon.
2023-10-7
Use props
physicistgrows
New

Norway

Yeah! Just got an old used DJI Mavic Pro that I'm fixing up. Got mobile connected and ready for finding errors (probably damaged cable - camera keeps falling out, code: 0x800000) . Didn't think about it, as my Phone started nagging me about updating to Android 14 (Pixel 7 Pro).

Then I tried opening the app again, and it crashed. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting files/cache etc... Nothing worked
How long will this take to fix for DJI?
2023-10-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

misterjack Posted at 10-7 10:47
Thank you for your answers.
I have tried everything, cleared the cache, reinstalled the app, restarted the phone. All without success.
It's a shame DJI can't get a grip on this, they would have time to prepare their apps during the Android beta phase.

Hi, misterjack. It can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. The DJI Go 4 is currently not compatible with Android 14 but rest assured this was already referred to the related team. In the meantime, we suggest using a different phone that is on the recommended list. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-10-14
Use props
JeffL183
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 10-6 20:06
Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Have you already tried clearing the mobile phone cache and ensuring that the mobile phone has enough storage available (10G or more is recommended) and then hard restarting the mobile phone? Also please check the App version, if the app is not the latest version, then it is recommended to update the app to the latest version: https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 Have a great day.

I, like all of the other users, have followed the recommended procedure completely. The app crashes instantly and does not generate a log. i went to dji.go.v4/LOG/CRASH and found lo log file. Please advise when the app will be upgraded to support Android 14. Thanks!
2023-10-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JeffL183 Posted at 10-29 11:10
I, like all of the other users, have followed the recommended procedure completely. The app crashes instantly and does not generate a log. i went to dji.go.v4/LOG/CRASH and found lo log file. Please advise when the app will be upgraded to support Android 14. Thanks!

Hi, Jeff. I understand the inconvenience. There is no update yet about the Android 14 support but this issue has already been forwarded to the related department. Thank you for your patience.
2023-10-29
Use props
djiuser_LrgODTCrS1XA
New

United States

Hello all, I had the DJI GO 4 app... it started crashing immediately when I would open it. So I uninstalled it with the hopes of re-installing and getting the bug fixed. I went to the APP STORE and it is no longer available, then I went to the DJI website under downloads and it will download but I was unable to open it with a apk app, I downloaded another apk app thinking it was the apk app, but it was not, when it starts to download I get a prompt screen asking "Do you wish to Cancel Download?" but it doesn't give me an option to "continue" or "download" or "complete" it just asks if I want to cancel the download. Does anyone have any feedback or advise? I tried Google Play Store and it's not showing the app, I tried the website but it doesn't download correctly. Please help. Any suggestion or advise is appreciated. Thanks
1-22 22:03
Use props
misterjack
lvl.1
Switzerland

Yes, it's unbelievable, in the meantime a new GO4 version has been released but it still doesn't work with Android 14.
1-29 02:41
Use props
Travo
New

Australia

So what, DJI just leaves us allhanging out to dry with no app to fly our equipment now coz it not compatible! What a friggin joke! Now i just have an expensive paperweight that wont fly!
1-30 21:48
Use props
Deltaleader71
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1215361 ft

United States

This is kind of a bummer. I updated the app, it runs now, but it will not connect to my Mavic Pro. I am using a Pixel 6 with Android 14 as well. Hopefully, DJI will get this fixed soon. It's to bad they don't have a trade in program to get me in to a newer model.
2-8 17:04
Use props
djiuser_gcFc4FAlP74a
New

Switzerland

I have the same Problem with a Pixel 7 Pro. I also have a crash report which I cannot upload unfortunatley (and i cannot post links as well).
The phone is restarted, newest app version, all permissions.

I hope someone from DJI can get in touch with me
3-21 11:40
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_gcFc4FAlP74a Posted at 3-21 11:40
I have the same Problem with a Pixel 7 Pro. I also have a crash report which I cannot upload unfortunatley (and i cannot post links as well).
The phone is restarted, newest app version, all permissions.

Hi there. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Can you clarify if you are referring to the DJI Fly app or the DJI Go 4 app? Please upload a short video showing the issue via YouTube or Google Drive then send the link here so we can check. We will wait for your response.
3-21 21:58
Use props
djiuser_gcFc4FAlP74a
New

Switzerland

It is the DJI Go 4 App. I am not yet allowed by forum rules to post a link. I sent it to you in a private message.

The app does not open at all. (Stuck at the dji-splash screen).
Let me know if you need more information
3-22 03:08
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

It is a blessing that I only use old phones that do not get updates any more to fly my aircraft, I experience none of these problems.
3-22 05:46
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_gcFc4FAlP74a Posted at 3-22 03:08
It is the DJI Go 4 App. I am not yet allowed by forum rules to post a link. I sent it to you in a private message.

The app does not open at all. (Stuck at the dji-splash screen).

Hello. It has been confirmed that your mobile device Pixel 7 Pro is not currently compatible. It can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. Since there are many device models awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. If you have an urgent flight mission, it is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website in order to avoid a flight mission failure. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

3-22 21:42
Use props
Aerial Elite Solutions LLC
New

United States

So, Galaxy tablet S7 running Android 14.... can't run DJI FLY, DJI GO4 OR DJI PILOT 2.??? Bought this tablet specifically for this and now open..... CRASH...
3-25 17:50
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Aerial Elite Solutions LLC Posted at 3-25 17:50
So, Galaxy tablet S7 running Android 14.... can't run DJI FLY, DJI GO4 OR DJI PILOT 2.??? Bought this tablet specifically for this and now open..... CRASH...

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Go 4 app already supports Android 14 since version 4.3.60. Please make sure to have the latest version of the app: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4. Please try clearing the mobile phone cache and ensure that the mobile phone has enough storage available (10G or more is recommended) and hard restart it. Have a nice day.
3-25 19:32
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

I'm surprised that DJI didn't say, buy a newer drone to solve this issue.
They will not solve this, as the drone is no longer manufactured, and is outdated.
buy an older iOS device, and you're problem is gone!
You're other option is to buy the 'other' software to make your drone work.  (DJI doesn't recommend using it)
3-31 05:43
Use props
ReggieAcosta
New
Flight distance : 1496 ft

United States

Mine doesn't "crash", but the stability from the RC to the Drone is absolute hot garbage with the latest firmware.
3-31 15:57
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

KenDuke Posted at 3-31 05:43
I'm surprised that DJI didn't say, buy a newer drone to solve this issue.
They will not solve this, as the drone is no longer manufactured, and is outdated.
buy an older iOS device, and you're problem is gone!

Hi. It was recommended to use a different phone temporarily if there is an urgent flight while the relevant team was working on the issue (if another phone is available). The DJI Go 4 is still being supported. We would like to assure you that we are committed to providing the best user experience.
3-31 19:46
Use props
djiuser_lFwLN5MYu714
New

Slovakia

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-10-29 20:17
Hi, Jeff. I understand the inconvenience. There is no update yet about the Android 14 support but this issue has already been forwarded to the related department. Thank you for your patience.

Hi Tony, are u still working on update app go4 for android 14? I have always problem with the app she still falling. Thank you for your answer
4-4 18:24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_lFwLN5MYu714 Posted at 4-4 18:24
Hi Tony, are u still working on update app go4 for android 14? I have always problem with the app she still falling. Thank you for your answer

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Android 14 is already supported since the last update. Please refer to my response on reply 19#. Please feel free to keep us posted. Thank you.
4-6 01:11
Use props
fans072b93a9
New

Kosovo

DJI Tony Posted at 4-6 01:11
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Android 14 is already supported since the last update. Please refer to my response on reply 19#. Please feel free to keep us posted. Thank you.

Yeah no Tony it still doesn't work on my Pixel 6 Pro, it opens and crashes constantly :⁠-⁠(
4-6 11:57
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans072b93a9 Posted at 4-6 11:57
Yeah no Tony it still doesn't work on my Pixel 6 Pro, it opens and crashes constantly :⁠-⁠(

Thank you for the update, Have you already tried deleting the previous APK and downloading it again from the DJI website?
4-6 23:45
Use props
evoticair
New

Kosovo

DJI Tony Posted at 4-6 23:45
Thank you for the update, Have you already tried deleting the previous APK and downloading it again from the DJI website?

Yeah, I've done that and also I went ahead and factory reset my phone and it still wont work. Frustrating to say the least!
4-8 00:12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

evoticair Posted at 4-8 00:12
Yeah, I've done that and also I went ahead and factory reset my phone and it still wont work. Frustrating to say the least!

I understand the trouble. However, I'm afraid this is a phone compatibility issue.  Unfortunately, due to the extensive number of device models awaiting testing, an immediate resolution is not feasible. If you have an urgent flight mission, we advise using the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website temporarily. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding and continued support.
4-8 01:27
Use props
djiuser_lDVGRjcuILWe
New
United States

Had I known that you have to use apple garbage to use this I would've never bought a DJI. I've been waiting for months for their app to work. So I'm in the exact same boat as all these other users that can't use this trash.
4-8 15:31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_lDVGRjcuILWe Posted at 4-8 15:31
Had I known that you have to use apple garbage to use this I would've never bought a DJI. I've been waiting for months for their app to work. So I'm in the exact same boat as all these other users that can't use this trash.

Hi, there. Apologies to hear about your feedback on our application. May we confirm the model of your device, aircraft model, and DJI app version? I hope to hear from you soon.
4-8 16:09
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules