DJI Go4 and Android 14?
123Next >
24700 102 2023-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Artdoorsman
New

United States

Pixel 6 Pro with Android 14, the DJI GO4 will not even open, tried clearing cache, reinstalling nothing.  Please update this or I will never purchase another DJI drone again.  I already bought the HOVERAIR x1 for the convenience in quick shots and no need for a remote.  I just wanted to use the DJI Mavic air for higher altitude video, but for now I'm going with HoverAir X1 it's a brilliant little drone for quick b roll..  Save yourself some money and get this drone because DJI customer service is absolute garbage.
2023-10-27
Use props
djiuser_JMAjTcWRkS0s
New

United States

Same issue here on Pixel 7 running Android 14. This sucks, why DJI have to wait for complaints. They should be testing their own app whenever android rolls out updates.
2023-10-27
Use props
karavellashotmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1805837 ft
Cyprus

Same problem.
I use at the moment litchi application to fly without problem. Official app crash after update to android 14
2023-10-27
Use props
djiuser_5Dwyjga0nxYK
New

Germany

Same problem for me. DJI Go 4 app won't even start since upgrade to Android 14 on Pixel 7a.

Wanted to do a commercial shoot this weekend but had to cancel because of this.
Please fix asap DJI!
2023-10-29
Use props
fansf008893b
lvl.1

United States

Same issue upon updating to Android 14 on Pixel 6 Pro.
2023-10-29
Use props
LtavGvS0JNor
New
Austria

what is this support - can you please support an apk that works on android 14. I mean this product is not cheap and android 14 beta versions are available since at least one year. this is ridiculous on so many levels
2023-10-29
Use props
djiuser_5W4uW9Ir57Fv
New

Portugal

Pixel 7 with Android 14. Same problem
2023-10-29
Use props
djiuser_hbWclFEreC8f
lvl.1

France

Hi, same issue since updating to android 14 my Pixel 6 pro (DjiGo 4 V4.3.54 and downgraded to V4.3.50)

With my Xiaomi Redmi note 8 pro Android 11 it's ok apk version 4.3.46.

Thank you to Dji support for doing what is necessary.
2023-10-29
Use props
djiuser_2QiuH4OL3ZBw
New

Sweden

Samma problem här!!
2023-11-1
Use props
djiuser_2QiuH4OL3ZBw
New

Sweden

fans66b7b2b1 Posted at 10-21 13:26
S23 ultra with the same issue running android 14. Embarrassing to have an expensive paperweight due to lack of software updates

Samma för mej
2023-11-1
Use props
djiuser_LUcdNtvHTEYL
New

Thailand

Guys, I hope they update soon their app but in the meantime, try using the Litchi app. It's like a modded custom version of the dji app that I don't know much about but I've just downloaded it and in works perfectly fine in android 14! It costs 29€ in the app store but you can find a free APK in the modyolo page (can't upload the link).
2023-11-1
Use props
djiuser_8NpLo4hlecHe
lvl.1

Germany

New go 4 app available! Works on my pixel 6! Thanks DJI
2023-11-3
Use props
papa_uwe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1395984 ft
Germany

djiuser_8NpLo4hlecHe Posted at 11-3 08:05
New go 4 app available! Works on my pixel 6! Thanks DJI

You won't believe it: it's true, DJI released a new version of the Go4 app, which seems to support Android 14! The version number is 4.3.60.  I could start the app on my Pixel 7a with Android 14 and control the Mavic Air.
Many thanks for this!
2023-11-3
Use props
Fredisco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71043 ft
Sweden

I tested the new version DJI Go4 v4.3.60 on my Pixel 6, it's no longer crashing at startup.

But the transmissiton is more of a black and white, sometimes some color slide show.
In other words, it's still not usable. I have a Pixel 6 + DJI Mavic 2 Zoom Creator Combo kit.

Connected like this:
Pixel 6 -> supplied short USB-C Cable > Remote  --- wireless --- DJI Mavic 2 Zoom.
2023-11-5
Use props
djiuser_hOOND2tiWGsb
lvl.1

Estonia

Pixel 7 android 14
Dji GO (and go 4) still not working. Instant crash when trying to open.
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_hOOND2tiWGsb Posted at 11-6 22:21
Pixel 7 android 14
Dji GO (and go 4) still not working. Instant crash when trying to open.

Hello. It has been confirmed that the Pixel 7 is not currently compatible. It can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. Since there are many device models awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. If you have an urgent flight mission, it is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website in order to avoid a flight mission failure. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-11-12
Use props
Peter H.5
New

United Kingdom

This happens literally every time the android OS is updated. Every. Time. The usual fix is to ignore what DJI say and download the latest APK directly from DJI and sideload that. I'm off on the hunt now for my pixel 5.

I can't post the URL to the APK but if you can find it on the DJI site, install it, and problem fixed.
2023-11-21
Use props
Darkstar1984
New

United States

Mavic Air was released in 2018. It's ridiculous that DJI basically dropped support for a 5 year old drone. Since I can't fly it anymore, I'm just going to sell it and never look at another DJI product again.
2023-12-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Darkstar1984 Posted at 12-2 10:00
Mavic Air was released in 2018. It's ridiculous that DJI basically dropped support for a 5 year old drone. Since I can't fly it anymore, I'm just going to sell it and never look at another DJI product again.

Hi. Sorry about the trouble. The Mavic Air is still supported by DJI. May I know what issue are you experiencing right now with your drone? Thank you.
2023-12-2
Use props
Ricardo Jaramillo
New

Colombia

I just updated my Galaxy A54 to Android 14 and the DJI GO app for my Phantom 3 4K has stopped working because it is not compatible. What I can do?
2023-12-9
Use props
fans2c2d66a5
New

Switzerland

Same issue for me, Pixel 7 on Android 14. Please fix ASAP as I'm unable to use a product I paid for!
2023-12-16
Use props
slup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1607103 ft
Sweden

This may not be 100% related to the OP's specific problems with DJI GO 4 & Android 14 and his equipment... but wanted to have this fix onto the forum for those that find themselves in the same situation as I.

Have used GO 4 v4.3.60 together with my Samsung Galaxy S8 Tab & Android 13 without any problems since this GO 4 version came out... then updated the Tab to Android 14 with the Samsung UI6 & GO 4 just started to crash directly on startup. On app start the picture with only the blue GO 4 logo turned from landscape to portrait, then back to landscape... & then it crashed returning me to the home screen.

The cause for this crash... have probably something to do with the automatic screen rotation. The Samsung Galaxy S8 Tab have in the settings the possibility to lock the screen orientation, & with a fixed orientation for the GO 4 app it started to run as it should.

Go to main settings
Go to Advanced Features
Go to Labs
Then Landscape for portrait apps
scroll & find DJI GO 4 & click on the app name
Turn the setting on with the slider
(you have 2 choices, App default or Full screen) both will make GO 4 run, just chose the one that suits you best.

Done... now, GO 4 v4.3.60 runs as it should on the Samsung Galaxy S8 Tab with Android 14 & UI6.
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Ricardo Jaramillo Posted at 12-9 10:03
I just updated my Galaxy A54 to Android 14 and the DJI GO app for my Phantom 3 4K has stopped working because it is not compatible. What I can do?

Hi there. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for the Phantom 3 Series and its accessories starting on January 5, 2023. We're sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided.
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans2c2d66a5 Posted at 12-16 04:51
Same issue for me, Pixel 7 on Android 14. Please fix ASAP as I'm unable to use a product I paid for!

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Are you referring to the DJI Go or DJI GO 4 app? You may now download the latest version of the DJI Go 4 app using our website as it now supports the Android 14 system. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2023-12-26
Use props
djiuser_RPNRPujQm2HE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1021142 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-26 21:20
Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Are you referring to the DJI Go or DJI GO 4 app? You may now download the latest version of the DJI Go 4 app using our website as it now supports the Android 14 system. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

The latest release of DJI GO 4 app still does not work correctly on my Google Pixel 7 Pro.  It had the same problem with it's native OS Android 13 and also when I upgraded to Android 14.  The problem is the video is black upon connection to my Mavic 2 Pro and then after a minute I get video at 1 frame every 10-15 seconds.  I had to purchase Litchi to fly my Mavic 2 Pro.  This is a DJI software problem not a hardware or phone problem.  Please fix it.  It's crazy that I had to pay $25 plus tax on a 3rd party app to fly my DJI drone.
2023-12-28
Use props
subrat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 229150 ft
Sweden

Here is the latest resolution that worked for me:
Try to contact support directly instead of this forum. There seems to be some real people working towards the solution, at least you are personally attended to.
There are many fake responders here, who claim themselves to be the Samaritans of DJI and waste your time.
Below, I am copying the direct message from support.
and for me, basically the download link was enough to follow the steps to download the app. So good luck with your part.

You can try the following steps to solve the problem:

1. Samsung has determined and resolved the issue through an update. (This issue is mainly found in the Samsung S21U and Samsung S21+ UK models.) You could update the Samsung operating system.

2. Check the App Version, ensure the App version is up to date.  You can click here to download:  https://www.dji.com/id/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4.  You can also  try to turn off the network and launch the DJI app. Skip the login step. Kill the app and then open the network.

If the issue still persists, please provide us with the following information to further assistance:

1. App version number screenshot;

2. Screenshot  of "About" interface under "General" in the mobile phone settings;
3. A video showing the operation (to reproduce the fault);
4. DJI app log and the time when the issue occurred (to locate the logs):

Please click here to export the log files: https://support.dji.com/help/con ... ;paperDocType=paper

2023-12-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_RPNRPujQm2HE Posted at 2023-12-28 06:53
The latest release of DJI GO 4 app still does not work correctly on my Google Pixel 7 Pro.  It had the same problem with it's native OS Android 13 and also when I upgraded to Android 14.  The problem is the video is black upon connection to my Mavic 2 Pro and then after a minute I get video at 1 frame every 10-15 seconds.  I had to purchase Litchi to fly my Mavic 2 Pro.  This is a DJI software problem not a hardware or phone problem.  Please fix it.  It's crazy that I had to pay $25 plus tax on a 3rd party app to fly my DJI drone.

Hello. It has been confirmed that your mobile device Google Pixel 7 Pro is not currently compatible. It can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. Since there are many device models awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. If you have an urgent flight mission, it is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website in order to avoid a flight mission failure. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
1-1 04:12
Use props
djiuser_Q2HDF7gr1QLq
New

Australia

I also have a pixel 7 pro and am having the same issue. Any idea when the issue will be resolved?
1-4 16:22
Use props
djiuser_C3LvydxZl9xO
lvl.1

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-10-6 19:40
Hi, papa_uwe. Thank you for reaching out. Please try the steps below:
(1) Please clear the mobile phone cache and ensure that the mobile phone has enough storage available (10G or more is recommended). Hard restart the mobile phone.
(2) Check the App version, if the app is not the latest version, then it is recommended to update the app to the latest version.

I have the same issue on my S21 when I upgraded to one ui 6 (android 14), I have followed all the steps above and nothing changed.
1-7 05:27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_C3LvydxZl9xO Posted at 1-7 05:27
I have the same issue on my S21 when I upgraded to one ui 6 (android 14), I have followed all the steps above and nothing changed.

Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about the trouble. Please know that I've sent you a direct message regarding this matter. Kindly check and keep us posted anytime.
1-8 02:08
Use props
Dhritiman
New

India

Hi, I have a DJI Mobile 1, DJI go app wont open on my Samsung Mobile after i updated to android 14. Unable to use the app. It crashes as soon i open my app. Unable to use the gimbal.
1-9 23:35
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Dhritiman Posted at 1-9 23:35
Hi, I have a DJI Mobile 1, DJI go app wont open on my Samsung Mobile after i updated to android 14. Unable to use the app. It crashes as soon i open my app. Unable to use the gimbal.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. This is a known issue and we urgently provided a new DJI GO App version for usage, please try downloading it via this link. Thank you for your understanding and support: https://pan-sec.djicorp.com/s/Y99kqFWFJgerkDs   password: DJI123
1-15 00:59
Use props
sebokpeter92
New

Hungary

Hi!

The DJI Go application no longer works on android 14. DJI OM2 + Samsung A53 (5G)

1-15 01:41
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

sebokpeter92 Posted at 1-15 01:41
Hi!

The DJI Go application no longer works on android 14. DJI OM2 + Samsung A53 (5G)

Hello, there. Please know that I've replied to your direct message regarding this matter. As suggested via PM, you may consider checking this recommendation. I hope to hear positive news from you soon.
1-17 02:36
Use props
dtokez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 232812 ft
United Kingdom

Has this issue been resolved yet? I need to fly my drone and I'm loosing faith in DJI fast. Pixel 8
1-19 03:13
Use props
mwsram1
lvl.1

United States

dtokez Posted at 1-19 03:13
Has this issue been resolved yet? I need to fly my drone and I'm loosing faith in DJI fast. Pixel 8

I have the same problem with my Samsung S23 ever since I upgraded to the latest Android 14.
I tried the 4.3.60 of DJI Go 4 with no success.
I verified that my Mavic Air 1 works with my old S6 and DJI version 4.3.32.
I have deleted the old version on the S23 and installed 4.3.60 multiple times with no success.
Is there any update as to when Go 4 will work with Android 14.
1-19 07:57
Use props
mwsram1
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue with my Samsung S23 ever since I upgraded to Android 14.
I verified the my Mavic Air 1 works with my old S6 with DJI Go 4.3.32.
I deleted the old version of DJI Go 4 and then downloaded 4.3.60 on my S23 as recommended.
No success.
Is there any updates as to when there will be a resolution for this problem?
1-19 08:09
Use props
fans5b5cb4a5
lvl.1

Croatia

I have Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and I didn't update to Android 14, works flawlessly with my Mavic 2 Pro dji go 4.3.60, no upgrade for me until dji resolve this issue!
1-28 10:11
Use props
Fuck_DJI
New
Flight distance : 33123 ft
United Kingdom

It amazes me that DJI haven't resolved what must be a fairly simple issue related to screen rotation at start up in the Go 4 app and Pixel 7 Pro devices.   I could understand them dropping support if the Pixel 7 Pro was an old device, but it is still one of the most popular Android devices on the market.

Ultimately this, and other strange device support decisions, will damage DJI's reputation and consumers will not be willing to invest £1,000s on DJI devices that could become obsolete in only a couple of years.  I had a chance to pick up a new DJI Mini 3 yesterday at a good price, but didn't purely because DJI can't be trusted.

Far bigger brands than DJI have failed in recent years because they turned their back on their customers, and I wouldn't be surprised if DJI suffer the same fate in the coming years.  I, for one, won't shed a tear when they go.
2-4 02:22
Use props
flpasqualotto
New

Brazil

Hello, I'm having problems with DJIpilot. This app is not working on Android 14, does DJI have any plans to update this app and make it compatible with Android 14?
2-14 08:33
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules