DJI Action 4 Camera Consuming power when switched off
525 8 2023-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rounak Kumar
lvl.1

Hungary

Hello,
I have bought DJI Action 4 on this 5th Of October. I was going  through some test on camera and it seems it is having some issue with power consumption.

Most strange thing I noticed was that my camera is consuming power even when it's is switched off and the rate at which it is consuming is quite noticeable.

I believe at least if I am not using the camera or when it is switched off it should not much consume power.

For instance my battery was at 40% and then when I switched on after sometime battery was already discharged.

Then I put the whole recharged battery at 96% and then when I checked it after 2-3 hr it was dropped to 65%.
Please suggest what I can do to avoid this. Given I have already updated the latest firmware yesterday only.

2023-10-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Did you have spare batteries? Do other batteries have the same issue?
If not, would you please refer to the Operating Time and the test condition on our website to have a test and tell us your result?

160 minutes
Tested at room temperature (25° C/77° F) and 1080p/24fps (16:9), with RockSteady on, Wi-Fi off, and screen off. This data is for reference only.

2023-10-6
Use props
Rounak Kumar
lvl.1

Hungary

Hello , I have adventure combo so I have tried multiple batteries and having similar outcomes on each battery.
I guess it's not battery it's camera which is drawing power even when it's not switched on.

It is very inconvenient to use for E.g. in these cases you cannot plan your activities like if you put your charged battery before moving out and now when you want to get your camera on it shows no battery or battery almost near to end.

It's probably the camera unit is having issue.
2023-10-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Rounak Kumar Posted at 10-6 21:26
Hello , I have adventure combo so I have tried multiple batteries and having similar outcomes on each battery.
I guess it's not battery it's camera which is drawing power even when it's not switched on.

May we know if you live in the European region?
Please make sure the firmware has been updated to the latest.
How about the operating temperature?
Please plug the battery out and insert the battery into the device again after the camera turns off.
Then, please check whether the battery consuming can be optimized.
2023-10-7
Use props
Rounak Kumar
lvl.1

Hungary

Yes I live in European Region. Operating Temperature : Room Temperature
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Rounak Kumar Posted at 10-7 03:59
Yes I live in European Region. Operating Temperature : Room Temperature

Thank you. Please tell us your feedback about the firmware and test as well.
Can we have more specific digits of the room temperature?
2023-10-7
Use props
Rounak Kumar
lvl.1

Hungary

Firmware is already at latest. Room Temperature b/w 24 degree Celsius - 26 degree Celsius. I am currently just testing how the battery is draining when camera is not in use.

Does keeping camera always attached to Osmo Action Quick-Release Adapter Mount also affects battery ? Just guessing as it's magnetic and it may affect  the battery ?

Today I did not attached  my camera to this quick release adapter mount and inserted another battery at 100% and then switched it off and when I checked it after some hours it was at 98%.
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Rounak Kumar Posted at 10-7 05:35
Firmware is already at latest. Room Temperature b/w 24 degree Celsius - 26 degree Celsius. I am currently just testing how the battery is draining when camera is not in use.

Does keeping camera always attached to Osmo Action Quick-Release Adapter Mount also affects battery ? Just guessing as it's magnetic and it may affect  the battery ?

How about using the same battery with the method we suggested? Does using the Quick Release Adapter Mount affect the time?
2023-10-7
Use props
Rounak Kumar
lvl.1

Hungary

It seems quick release adapter did affect the time
2023-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules