Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller Thread
1506 22 2023-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dutchiedonut
lvl.1

Canada

Hello Folks!

So I was lucky enough to order one of these units as they became available. However, it's not all smooth sailing, hence my post here. Here's my out of box experience:

1. Paired with Osmo Action 4 no problem
2. Prompted for a Firmware update
3. Updated to 01.89 Firmware
4. Connects to Osmo, displays custom setting, start/stop video works great.
5. GPS spins and spins and spins and never connects. You can see this in the photo below.

It's number 5 I'm concerned about. Anyone else having this problem? Why this guy never connects I have no idea. I'm in Canada so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

I will contact DJI support tomorrow after 6:00am PDT.

Thanks,
Dutchiedonut.

Osmo Action Bluetooth

Osmo Action Bluetooth
2023-10-6
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

the GPS receiver does not work indoors!
outdoors.  the first satellite fix can take 5 minutes
2023-10-6
Use props
dutchiedonut
lvl.1

Canada

lutzmix Posted at 10-6 18:18
the GPS receiver does not work indoors!
outdoors.  the first satellite fix can take 5 minutes

I stood on my doorstep outdoors to see if the GPS would resolve (it did not) but I had no idea it would take 5 minutes. Thanks for the tip.
2023-10-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

dutchiedonut Posted at 10-6 19:32
I stood on my doorstep outdoors to see if the GPS would resolve (it did not) but I had no idea it would take 5 minutes. Thanks for the tip.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you managed to let the Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller to search the GPS signal? How long did it take?
2023-10-6
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

dutchiedonut Posted at 10-6 19:32
I stood on my doorstep outdoors to see if the GPS would resolve (it did not) but I had no idea it would take 5 minutes. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, even high-end GPS receivers can take time if they have been off for some time. They have to update ephemeris data on satellite location and then reacquire signals and calculate first position.
2023-10-7
Use props
dutchiedonut
lvl.1

Canada

Hi folks,

Thanks for all the helpful feedback. I ran a test this morning, outdoors, where the device did not successfully get GPS within a 5 minute timeframe and then powered off when the camera powered off (I was not recording, though the two were paired).

I then tried the unit later today while in motion, while it did take some time, it did eventually acquire GPS. I’ve not had time to review the footage or test in Mimo. So overall positive, but an odd start.

Thanks!
2023-10-7
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

dutchiedonut Posted at 10-7 17:31
Hi folks,

Thanks for all the helpful feedback. I ran a test this morning, outdoors, where the device did not successfully get GPS within a 5 minute timeframe and then powered off when the camera powered off (I was not recording, though the two were paired).

Five minutes is not a magic number by any means. Much depends on current satellite geometry and visibility, processing power in the receiver, receiver antenna quality, efficiency of receiver algorithms, etc.
2023-10-7
Use props
dutchiedonut
lvl.1

Canada

DaveSp Posted at 10-7 18:43
Five minutes is not a magic number by any means. Much depends on current satellite geometry and visibility, processing power in the receiver, receiver antenna quality, efficiency of receiver algorithms, etc.

Ok thanks for this!
2023-10-8
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It would be nice if we could actually buy one! STILL not widely available.
2023-10-8
Use props
dutchiedonut
lvl.1

Canada

Iancraig10 Posted at 10-8 06:28
It would be nice if we could actually buy one! STILL not widely available.

I signed up for the notifications, and jumped on it when I got the email. Good luck.
2023-10-8
Use props
iskandar.cbn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 242667 ft
Indonesia

How do we replace the strap on this remote controller ? Seems quite difficult due to small bulge on the edge of strap
1-1 07:33
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

iskandar.cbn Posted at 1-1 07:33
How do we replace the strap on this remote controller ? Seems quite difficult due to small bulge on the edge of strap

From the manual -

1-1 13:06
Use props
iskandar.cbn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 242667 ft
Indonesia

Thanks a lot, no idea there is user manual for the remote . In the box there is no explanation
1-2 19:46
Use props
djiuser_QIPXQgJHRyIn
New

Indonesia

Sucks that it doesn't work with action 3. Insta360 nowadays even have integration with apple watch.
3-17 01:54
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_QIPXQgJHRyIn Posted at 3-17 01:54
Sucks that it doesn't work with action 3. Insta360 nowadays even have integration with apple watch.

Hi there. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
3-18 01:46
Use props
djiuser_cC1ojOBCtodj
lvl.1

Sweden

How do i update firmware on the DJI Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller.
I have been using it and Firmware is at 00:00:01:99
3-31 13:03
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

This happens automatically when the remote is connected to the camera. Is included in the camera firmware, does not need to be installed separately..

Update camera firmware with Mimo app Connect remote control and new firmware will be installed. The microphones have to be updated individually with a computer
Firmware:01.04.05.10
Camera Firmware 10.04.00.07
Remote Firmware 00.00.01.99
Mimo app.  1.12.0
3-31 17:39
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_cC1ojOBCtodj Posted at 3-31 13:03
How do i update firmware on the DJI Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Once connected, the DJI Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller firmware can be updated with your DJI Osmo Action 4. To view the firmware version of the remote controller, press and hold the quick-switch button and shutter/record button for four seconds. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead!
3-31 23:15
Use props
djiuser_cC1ojOBCtodj
lvl.1

Sweden

lutzmix Posted at 3-31 17:39
This happens automatically when the remote is connected to the camera. Is included in the camera firmware, does not need to be installed separately..

Update camera firmware with Mimo app Connect remote control and new firmware will be installed. The microphones have to be updated individually with a computer

Thank you
4-1 00:08
Use props
djiuser_D8NJviN7M1pw
lvl.1

Bulgaria

How do you guys manage to export video in 4k with GPS data on screen with DJI Mimo App? I can only export up to 1080p.
4-8 07:54
Use props
Land Cruiser
lvl.1

United States

How do I go about returning my GPS bluetooth remote for warranty repair? Only my  Osmo 4 shows in the repair application.
It worked fine for one outing. I went to charge it  for a trip last week, and it would not power up or charge. Purchased 02/02/2024.

Thanks
4-8 15:28
Use props
PioterS
lvl.1

Poland

Hello. Sorry for my english What i can extract a gps data from my osmo 4 for used a Dashware and other programs ? I need do a some postproduction in my wideo in pc,(adobe) and after put a layer dashboard, g meter etc. I can only do this in mimo app ? When i put a file in pc, popsproductnion it, and back this file to my iphone i cant add layer. Do You have a any solution ?
4-8 16:30
Use props
Land Cruiser
lvl.1

United States

Land Cruiser Posted at 4-8 15:28
How do I go about returning my GPS bluetooth remote for warranty repair? Only my  Osmo 4 shows in the repair application.
It worked fine for one outing. I went to charge it  for a trip last week, and it would not power up or charge. Purchased 02/02/2024.

I was able to get assistance via chat.
I’ll update when hear from warranty.
4-8 17:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules