Mini 3 Pro - RC with large dashed frame ?
622 9 2023-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

I would like to know what this big dashed frame means ?

The frame usually appears only very briefly and disappears again
Red  Frame.jpg
2023-10-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had forgotten what it represents, forum staff explained it to me and btw, youre colour blind as its yellow, not red ;)
2023-10-7
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy Posted at 10-7 03:32
I had forgotten what it represents, forum staff explained it to me and btw, youre colour blind as its yellow, not red ;)

YES maybe LOL I changed it to dashed frame
2023-10-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From DJI Mindy

Hi there, it represents the average metering: Divide the screen into multiple regions, and perform independent metering for each region, and then calculate the average metering value of the entire screen based on this.
2023-10-7
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

If you press in the middle of the screen, a focus square will appear there. And if you press outside of this frame, it will start blinking, informing you that it cannot focus there.
2023-10-7
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-7 11:28
In the settings there is an option for "Frame Guide".  I believe it is in the Camera Settings section.  You must have it enabled.

I don't have any subframes enabled, my display is empty of subframes when flying,
only when I tap the outsides of the screen this big dashed frame pops up and I
have no idea what that means or what function it triggers.
Cam Setting.png
2023-10-7
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy Posted at 10-7 06:23
From DJI Mindy

Hi there, it represents the average metering: Divide the screen into multiple regions, and perform independent metering for each region, and then calculate the average metering value of the entire screen based on this.

Do you understand what is meant by this Explanation ?

If the frame is active, does it then perform an exposure measurement over the entire screen content
OR do I still have to do something myself ? Do not understand the division into sectors,
since the frame shows none and spans almost the entire screen.

2023-10-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Space Dream Posted at 10-7 12:29
Do you understand what is meant by this Explanation ?

If the frame is active, does it then perform an exposure measurement over the entire screen content

Best explanation is that in evaluative metering, the camera breaks the image frame down into a number of different zones (you do not see the actual zones), measures the amount of light in each zone, and then analyses the findings to determine the optimal exposure required, you do not need to do anything.

I think that when you tap the screen and the exposure lock shows, it then changes to spot metering and you can then dial that in for that specific area of the shot, i could be wrong on that part though but that is my understanding of it but i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong.
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Space Dream. Thank you for reaching out. The yellow dotted box on the DJI Fly camera view indicates the metering area. This box appears when you tap an area outside the yellow box. At this point, metering is conducted within the frame.
2023-10-8
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-8 07:49
Hi, Space Dream. Thank you for reaching out. The yellow dotted box on the DJI Fly camera view indicates the metering area. This box appears when you tap an area outside the yellow box. At this point, metering is conducted within the frame.

This box appears when you tap an area outside the yellow box. At this point, metering is conducted within the frame.

Can I update the measurements again & again by activating this frame several times according

to some new light situation or is this only set once and then remains permanently stored  ?

2023-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules