Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
O3 Air Unit not binding to Goggles 2
1332 5 2023-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DeanoFPV
New

Germany

Hello,

I've just freshly built up a quad with the DJI O3 Air Unit and T-Motor F7 FC. I'm pretty sure I have wired the O3 Unit correctly to the FC.

- Red Wire goes to VTX Power on FC
- Black Wire goes to VTX Ground on FC
- Gray Wire goes to R3 on FC (TX-RX)
- White Wire goes to T3 on FC (RX-TX)

The O3 Unit will not glow up if I hook at 1300mAh LiPo to the Quad. Although it will constantly light up green if I want to flash Firmware via USB. For some reason there is also a small red LED in the backround to the side. This doesn't look right and I can't get it connected to the DJI Goggles 2.

I've freshly bought this two weeks ago in Australia before I traveled back into my home country Germany, so I didn't think it would have a problem.

- DJI Goggles Firmware Version V01.08.0000
- DJI O3 Air Unit Firmware Version V01.02.0000

IMG_3999.jpg
IMG_4001.jpg
IMG_3998-min.jpg
IMG_3999-min.jpg
IMG_4001-min.jpg
IMG_4003-min.jpg
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, DeanoFPV. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward your concern to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update. Thank you.
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, DeanoFPV. Thank you for patiently waiting. We have now received feedback from our relevant team. Looking at the photos you have provided, the air unit is connected to a type C data cable and the computer. At this time, it cannot enter the binding state.
Please unplug the type c data cable connected to the air unit, and then after powering the flight controller, check the color of the linking indicator light on the air unit:
1. If the green light of the air unit indicator flashes, it means that the power supply voltage is unstable. Please check whether the voltage supplying the air unit is within the range of 7.4~26.4 V. It is recommended to replace the battery with one that meets the voltage requirements and try again.
2. If the air unit indicator light does not light up, it may be due to poor wiring contact or a problem with the power supply battery. Please check whether the wiring between the air unit and the flight control power supply is secure, and check whether the voltage of the power supply battery meets the conditions.
3. If the air unit indicator light is solid red and the air unit linking button is pressed, the indicator light should flash red. If the red light is still solid after pressing the air unit linking button, the air unit hardware may be abnormal and needs to be sent back for testing.

Below are the correct steps for linking the air unit and DJI Goggles 2 for your reference:
1. Power on the air unit (Please do not connect the air unit to the computer, otherwise the frequency cannot be successfully linked).
2. Power on the DJI Goggles 2 and then enter "settings">"About">"Switch Aircraft Model" page to switch the DJI O3 Air unit.
2. Press the linking buttons on the air unit and Goggles 2 respectively. The linking status indicator on the air unit flashes red, and the Goggles 2 sounds a beep-beep sound.
3. Make sure the distance between the air unit and the Goggles 2 is within 0.5m. After the linking is successful, the linking status indicator on the air unit will be solid green, the beeping sound of the flight goggles will stop and the video transmission will be displayed.

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted.
2023-10-9
Use props
DeanoFPV
New

Germany

Thanks for this amazing reply, my O3 Ai Unit isnt getting any power fromt the LiPo Battery, so I will fix that problem and then hopefully bind it. I will write and update in this thread once Ive repaired the power supply.
2023-10-10
Use props
DeanoFPV
New

Germany

UPDATE: O3 AIr Unit is now connected to my Goggles 2. I only had insufficient power from my FC. So I wired the red power lead to the VBat and had enough power to power the Air Unit.
2023-10-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DeanoFPV Posted at 10-11 10:33
UPDATE: O3 AIr Unit is now connected to my Goggles 2. I only had insufficient power from my FC. So I wired the red power lead to the VBat and had enough power to power the Air Unit.

Hi, DeanoFPV. Thank you for the update. Glad that devices are now connected. Should you need further assistance, please let us know. Have a good one!
2023-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules