Gimbal not straight
276 9 2023-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_pPLHYFp9nPpE
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi. I'm new and only flown 3 times with my Mini 2 Se.

On my second flight the photos showed the landscape was tilted - gimbal wasn't straight.

So coming home I reset the gimbal.

My third flight session today same thing. I reset the drone on a flat surface again and it took couple photos quite straight but the rest of photos the horizon is very tilted again...
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. May we know did you reset the gimbal settings or calibrate the gimbal? Which gimbal mode you used?
2023-10-7
Use props
djiuser_pPLHYFp9nPpE
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Thanks for your quick reply!

I've done the gimbal reset and gimbal calibration from the app, also IMU twice again.
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_pPLHYFp9nPpE Posted at 10-7 05:11
Hi Thanks for your quick reply!  

I've done the gimbal reset and gimbal calibration from the app, also IMU twice again.

Thank you. We want to confirm that the gimbal only skews midst the flight, right?
2023-10-7
Use props
djiuser_pPLHYFp9nPpE
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-7 19:39
Thank you. We want to confirm that the gimbal only skews midst the flight, right?

Hi. It's only the footage I'm taking whilst flying the drone. Especially where I can see the horizon.

Hope this helps?
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_pPLHYFp9nPpE Posted at 10-7 21:33
Hi. It's only the footage I'm taking whilst flying the drone. Especially where I can see the horizon.

Hope this helps?

Please perform the following troubleshooting steps and tell us your feedback:
1. Check whether the gimbal is in Follow mode.
2. Check whether the aircraft has been collided.  If the gimbal is skewed after the collision, please send the aircraft back to the service center for diagnosis.
3. If the camera screen is skewed whether in the image transmission and the original footage are both skewed, please follow the troubleshooting steps listed below:
a. First check the wind velocity in the flight environment: The stabilization effect will be affected by strong wind. We recommend changing to another environment or waiting for some time before taking off again.
b. Please check with the control sticks: If the control stick is pushed with too much force, the aircraft speed will be high, which reduces the stabilization effect. It is recommended to push the control stick gently.
c. Please check whether the propellers are damaged or deformed. If there is any damage and deformation, it is recommended to replace the propellers. Verify that the two propellers on the same motor have the same batch number. Please use two propellers with the same batch number.
d. Ensure that the aircraft is not in S mode when flying.
e. Remove the microSD card from the aircraft. Place the aircraft in a stable status and restart it.
f.  Connect the DJI Assistant 2 software for firmware updating (if the firmware is not the latest version) or refresh the firmware (if the firmware is the latest version).
2023-10-7
Use props
djiuser_pPLHYFp9nPpE
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi the drone Gimbal is in Follow mode.
No crashes, no high wind.

Today it's sunny and calm and I calibrated the gimbal on a level table before leaving house. In the park flying about 50m altitude the horizon was skewed again - not straight. I landed the drone and calibrated the gimbal again on the landing pad on the lawn. After this the footage looked much better.

My question is do I always have to do a gimbal reset/calibration before every flight? Is this correct behaviour?

The blades are immaculate and no wind at all today. I have the latest software.

Please note I bought it from Argos and their 30day return window ends in 2 days ..

Thanks for helping me

2023-10-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_pPLHYFp9nPpE Posted at 10-8 02:09
Hi the drone Gimbal is in Follow mode.
No crashes, no high wind.

If the issue persists after you refresh the firmware and remove the SD card, please send it back for diagnosis or you can contact Agros considering the return window.
2023-10-8
Use props
djiuser_pPLHYFp9nPpE
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi if I would return it with Argos ... Can I keep the DJI refresh I paid for a year?

I think easiest I have it replaced.
2023-10-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_pPLHYFp9nPpE Posted at 10-8 04:17
Hi if I would return it with Argos ... Can I keep the DJI refresh I paid for a year?

I think easiest I have it replaced.

If you return the aircraft and get the refund, you can also refund the DJI Care Refresh services.
If Agros replaces an aircraft for you, you can contact our support and let them transfer the DJI Care Refresh from the original one to the replaced one.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair?site=brandsite&from=footer
2023-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules