DJI Go App works if...
967 4 2015-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

Ok...I read in another thread that if you "factory reset" the tablet (mine is Galaxy Tab 4A 8") and re-install the DJI Go app 2.0.2 it should work.  I got home from work, reset the tablet and dowloaded the apk file for DJI Go...that way I have it on the SD card and don't have to download it if I'm out somewhere with no wi-fi. I re-installed the app, set all the altitude and distance limits, logged in to my DJI account, and went outside to fly.  I'll be damned!!! It worked...perfectly! Flew out over 8000 feet with clear, fluid video and no loss of signal. I was fucking amazed!  So now you know...the problem isn't the tablet, it's not the reception (video or RC), it's not the aircraft, it's not interference...it's the fucking app!!!  DJI needs to figure out why the residual data is causing it to perform so badly, even crash when it gets really bad.  And that's EXACTLY what it is, residual data build up.  I will test it a little more and see how many flights it takes before it starts to affect the apps performance, then I will reset again and see what happens!!  But I have never got 8000 feet out before..so I'm pretty sure that this is the problem!!  It was windy too...

2015-9-3
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

PS - I do have a windsurfer parabolic booster...don't know if it made a difference or not (but I imagine it did)
2015-9-3
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

I use the same tablet you do and have no issues with lag like you mention. I deleted every app that I dont need to fly the bird as it is only for use with the Phantom. I dont save any video to the tablet since I dont use the Director app.

I also have an ipad air that i sometimes use and I can see no difference in lag between them. The iPad app does have a couple options the android version doesnt have though.
2015-9-3
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

Well that basically is a "factory reset"...it takes it back to only factory apps.  I wanna see if i don't add any new apps or let anything update, if the problem comes back.  I just flew a second battery and the video was fine, no lag, nothing...it just worked.  Had it out 4000 feet with no issues.  Is there a way I can remove unnecessary factory apps without "rooting" the tablet?  It seems to be fine for now...
2015-9-3
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

I didn't even add my google account, so googleplay and all the google apps won't update on their own...I only turn on the wi-fi to cache my maps.
2015-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules