How to properly sell and handover my drone to new owner
404 4 2023-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EmileNL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1042989 ft
Netherlands

Time to upgrade again.. so will be selling my Mini Pro 3 soon.
I remember when I sold my Mini 2 it was quite a hassle to get it properly registered to the new owner.

This time I want to be better prepared - so, what should I (not) do, and in what sequence?

Things like unbinding from your controller, removing device from account etc.?

Also, I have still some Care Refresh on the drone that I'm selling, I think I have read somewhere it is tied to the drone, not to my account, so doesn't need handing over??

Thanks in advance for helping out!

Emile
2023-10-7
Use props
EmileNL
lvl.2
Netherlands

nvm, after all did find some posts on the same subject
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

EmileNL Posted at 10-7 12:49
nvm, after all did find some posts on the same subject

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you still have questions?
DJI Mini 3 Pro has the account binding and remote controller binding function, please make sure to unbind it from your account.
The DJI Care Refresh is registered on your aircraft but the binding function means:
· Binding an aircraft with an DJI account means the owner of the account has ownership of the aircraft.
· Binding the aircraft with the remote controller records the linking relationship between the aircraft and the remote controller.

If a flyaway occurs, only the owner of the bound account can apply for the flyaway replacement service and produce the flyaway report with the bound remote controller to mark the aircraft as a flyaway.

2023-10-7
Use props
EmileNL
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-7 23:00
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you still have questions?
DJI Mini 3 Pro has the account binding and remote controller binding function, please make sure to unbind it from your account.
The DJI Care Refresh is registered on your aircraft but the binding function means:

Hi Wanda, thanks for explaining, I now understand there is a distinction between account binding and controller binding.  (which makes sense of course, but wasn't that clear to me from the regular documentation and, for example Care Refresh claim instructions)

No further questions, thanks again!
2023-10-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

EmileNL Posted at 10-8 07:37
Hi Wanda, thanks for explaining, I now understand there is a distinction between account binding and controller binding.  (which makes sense of course, but wasn't that clear to me from the regular documentation and, for example Care Refresh claim instructions)

No further questions, thanks again!

You are most welcome, EmileNL. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day.
2023-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules