Gimbal cover
699 7 2023-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob Burton
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Why is the gimbal cover made of such fragile feeling plastic ?

I have had my Mini 2 SE for a week and every time I take the gimbal cover off or put back on it feels like it is going to crack and break.  It hasn't happened yet, but it feels like it could happen any time.  Compared to the rest of the drone the plastic that the cover is made off feels cheap and nasty.  Are there any alternative covers available ?
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. May we know how you take off and install the gimbal cover? Normally, the gimbal cover will not be easily broken.
2023-10-8
Use props
Bob Burton
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-8 00:11
Hello, there. May we know how you take off and install the gimbal cover? Normally, the gimbal cover will not be easily broken.

Mini 2 upside down in my left hand with the gimbal facing to the right, left thumb on top

To take off the cover, insert thumbnail of right hand into the crack at the left hand end of the cover with my first 2 fingers on the nose end of the cover.  Pinch the cover between thumbnail and 2 fingers to make the 2 clips on the cover release from the body of the drone and rotate the cover around its front clips.  Putting the cover back on is basically the reverse procedure.

Sometimes the clips on the rear of the cover are difficult to release or put in place and I worried about them breaking off due to the brittle nature of the plastic used.  Others have said that they have had no problems after several years of use but they whole process and materials used seem wrong to me
2023-10-8
Use props
Kopanz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814045 ft
Turkey

I'm using my Mini 2 SE for 6 months. It's getting beating up a lot in my motorcycle case.
Found the gimbal cover detached multiple times but the gimbal cover is still in one piece and functions correctly.
2023-10-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Bob Burton Posted at 10-8 09:51
Mini 2 upside down in my left hand with the gimbal facing to the right, left thumb on top

To take off the cover, insert thumbnail of right hand into the crack at the left hand end of the cover with my first 2 fingers on the nose end of the cover.  Pinch the cover between thumbnail and 2 fingers to make the 2 clips on the cover release from the body of the drone and rotate the cover around its front clips.  Putting the cover back on is basically the reverse procedure.

Understand.

You can try this method and see whether it would be suitable for you: put your thumbnail of the right hand on the verge of the clip on the cover, press it down first, and pull it back to release the clip from the gimbal with your other fingers holding the head of the aircraft, your left hand holding the back of the aircraft.
2023-10-9
Use props
Bob Burton
lvl.1

United Kingdom

You are describing the method that I use, but no matter which method is used the cover still feels vulnerable due to the nature of the material it is made of seeming to be brittle

Even just holding the cover in my hand once it has been removed it feels cheap and nasty and liable to crack.  This is in sharp contrast to the material used for the rest of the drone and its accessories
2023-10-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bob Burton Posted at 10-9 07:03
You are describing the method that I use, but no matter which method is used the cover still feels vulnerable due to the nature of the material it is made of seeming to be brittle

Even just holding the cover in my hand once it has been removed it feels cheap and nasty and liable to crack.  This is in sharp contrast to the material used for the rest of the drone and its accessories

We understand the inconvenience. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-10-10
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-7 16:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules