Request: extend Mavic 2 Pro gimbal functionality to all Mavic series
419 1 2023-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CliveCopeman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 877359 ft
New Zealand

I'm a commercial and art photographer and use my Mavic 2 Pro extensively for both.  One of my art practices is Intentional Camera Movement photography, using exposures of 1-2 seconds while the drone is in motion, to create abstract images. I appear to be something of a pioneer of this type of photography using DJI drones.  
It is possible to do this to create pleasing linear blur in most models by exposing the sensor during linear flight. However, it appears that it is is only possible to expose  the sensor during yawing motion in the Mavic 2 Pro, by using the 'unlock gimbal during exposure" function in the camera settings.

I have met photographers who wish to emulate my work but are frustrated because they have Mavic models other than the 2 Pro.  I myself would like to upgrade to the Mavic 3 Pro, but the lack of this functionality prevents me, as the ability to expose the sensor while the drone is spinning is an important part of my art practice.  I hope it is possible to extend this function to others in the Mavic series via a future firmware update.  
Long exposure ICM photograpy is a very popular field and DJI drones offer unparalleled potential for fast and controlled camera motion during the exposure. I hope DJI looks closely at catering for photographers in this rapidly growing field.

M2Pro linear blur

M2Pro linear blur

M2Pro circular blur

M2Pro circular blur

M2Pro spiral blur

M2Pro spiral blur

2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, CliveCopeman. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules