Flight distance : 151309 ft
United States

here we go
2015-9-3
Use props
ryanbattey
lvl.2

United States

quote I think its a bomb I think it's normal to think something  like that. like really?  glad no one got hurt just not the type of coverage hobbyists needs.
2015-9-3
Use props
L8again
lvl.3

Canada

Whoever needs to have his life interrupted by 2 or 3 years in jail!
2015-9-3
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Steady great news coming our way, that is just fantastic LOL
2015-9-3
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

freaking IDIOTS!
2015-9-3
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

it is a 3dr!!! go figure. gps must have crapped out or the non working compass
2015-9-3
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

Good thing there wasn't a terrorist on board, or sarin gas release. We really dodged a doozy here!
2015-9-3
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Just saw this in the news. Not a good thing!
2015-9-3
Use props
gary.masson
lvl.3
Spain

Honestly, will some people ever learn? This sort of publicity will cause nothing but chaos!!!!!!!!
2015-9-3
Use props
Amber
New

United Kingdom

It's probably owned by some news or paparazzi photographer looking to get that photo that will sell across the world and it will be blamed on a hobbyist owner.  I do hope it can be traced and however owns it is dealt with in an appropriate manner.  However with the continuing rise in popularity of our hobby and the high street availability of easy to fly UAVs is very likely that more of these incidents will occur, I hope they don't!
2015-9-4
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.3

New Zealand

Wow.  There really is no helping stupid it seems...

We've not had any that silly yet here in New Zealand, and I hope we don't.  There's been a lot of front page and prime time coverage recently of law/rule changes for UAVs here and I hope that means that people will at least research what they can do legally before the do something really stupid!
2015-9-4
Use props
StephLed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347365 ft
United States

(And cue Gov. Cuomo itching to regulate something else...)
2015-9-4
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

The pilot has now been charged with reckless endangerment as well as violating the TFR that was in place for the tennis tournament.
[size=14.3999996185303px]
The NYPD confirmed that Daniel Verley, 26, is facing charges of reckless endangerment and operating a done in a New York public park outside a prescribed area.

Fox News had Leah Gabriel, one of their reporters, former Navy F18 pilot to discuss. First thing she brought out was that licensed pilots would have checked for would have been temporary flight restrictions. She stated that most UAV pilots have no clue what TFR's are, much less know to check if one exists.

BOHIC
2015-9-4
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

This is never going to work if we keep seeing this type of thing in the news day after day.

I am not in favor of  getting pilot's license to fly a 3 pound piece of plastic, but I think there should be some kind of certification program to fly one of these.  At least everyone would be taught the basic rules and regulations. Can you imagine if anyone was able to buy a car but did not have to have a driver's license? Some people would drive responsibly while others would have no clue on the rules of the road, drive at any speed, up on the sidewalk, etc. Sure there a still a lot of bad drivers out there, but it would be much worse if it was a free for all like it is now with drones.

Even on this forum we see so many questions from people who obviously pull the thing out of the box fire it up and off they go or crash it on the one of the first flights. It is apparent they did not take one minute to learn anything about it or how to safely operate it.
2015-9-4
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-9-4 20:33
The pilot has now been charged with reckless endangerment as well as violating the TFR that was in p ...

Hey people it that easy just follow the link and do the right thing before the thing get taken away from us.  

http://forum.dji.com/thread-24963-1-1.html

-Dog
2015-9-4
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

The idiot was a science teacher.
2015-9-5
Use props
Advanced