Mini 4 Pro fails to track recumbent trike
895 5 2023-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0cb8950b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 658465 ft
United States

The Mini 4 Pro Active Track 360 fails to track a recumbent trike.

The M4P can acquire the recumbent trike subject from behind and occasionally from the front. But it seems only when the subject is stationary.

Once the subject is in motion the M4P can track from behind for a short time before it loses the subject. And for an even shorter when tracking from the front.

The M4P Active Track 360 CANNOT acquire a recumbent trike from the side as a tracking subject.

If tracking from behind or front and the M4P is moved to either side the tracking lock is lost immediately.

I bought the Mini 4 Pro as an upgrade for my Mini 3 Pro with the hopes the "improved" Active Track 360 of the Mini 4 Pro would allow me to take videos of me while riding my recumbent trike.  The Mini 3 Pro also failed in tracking my recumbent trike, and I attributed that to the Active Track 4.0.

I'm still using my M4P (and M3P) for my drone flying.

This specific use case would make me very happy if it worked.

Screenshot 2023-10-08 at 9.40.35 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 8.58.07 PM.png
2023-10-8
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

I know that the mini3pro had an issue with tracking a bike, and the guy solved the problem by getting off the bike then getting on. Not sure if this would work, since it's a different drone, but might be worth a try.
2023-10-8
Use props
fans0cb8950b
lvl.4
United States

Potato mini Posted at 10-8 14:25
I know that the mini3pro had an issue with tracking a bike, and the guy solved the problem by getting off the bike then getting on. Not sure if this would work, since it's a different drone, but might be worth a try.

I'll try it.

Might not be worth it if I need to twist myself into a pretzel to get tracking to work for this use case.
2023-10-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. The FocusTrack recognizes usual vehicles like cars and medium-sized boats. But please do try Potato mini's suggestion to let it track the person first before riding your recumbent bike. (See image for reference)

We appreciate your patience. Have a great day.
2023-10-9
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.2
Germany

Hi @fans0cb8950b,

Just being curious - did you get it to work with you and your recumbent trike?
I got the mini 4 pro 6 days ago and did have the similar use-case.
(I‘m Azub TI-Fly X rider).
I have some ideas regarding triking footage and some of them would engage the tracking funtionality - especially active track 360 …

Weather currently is really bad - for biking as well as for filming.
For this reason I do not had the opportunity to test by myself.

What I defnitely will try is the tip above wiht getting off the trike before marking.
In addition there is an object-recognizing option in settings - I will give this one a try, too.

Thanks for any hint.
Warm regards,
Ralf

Thanks for any hint
2-18 04:43
Use props
fans0cb8950b
lvl.4
United States

I got my Mini 3 / Mini 4 just for general recreational purposes.
2-18 08:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules