Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ald0s
lvl.1

Australia

Hi folks,
Does anyone have any info on the 8K 4D?

Is it cancelled?

Camera body upgrade due to the additioonal development time?

I'd pay an extra 50% for better rolling shutter.

2023-10-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thank you for your concern. The launch of the DJI Ronin 4D-8K combo has been temporarily delayed due to the patent licensing of shooting specifications, which are critical for the experience of professional photographers. We are also in active communication with the relevant parties. For more information, please keep an eye out for notifications on the DJI official website. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-9
Use props
ald0s
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks Susan,
I assume its due to ProRes Raw and REDs patent, but didn't you have to license it for the 6K version anyway?
2023-10-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ald0s Posted at 10-9 00:27
Thanks Susan,
I assume its due to ProRes Raw and REDs patent, but didn't you have to license it for the 6K version anyway?

It is planned to release within this year, please keep an eye on our official website for the latest information, thank you for your interst and support.
2023-10-9
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7608 ft

United States

The parties in question (I'm assuming RED) might not want to grant DJI the ability to do provisional licenses for at fee at 8K, and are only okay with 6K.

Nikon sued RED last year and made a great case for why their patent on compressed RAW shouldn't be enforceable. I hope they didn't settle out of court, because it's in the public interest for all camera manufactures to be able to do internal compressed RAW.
2023-10-17
Use props
826 Raw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412608 ft
United Kingdom

I would like to know if people who bought into the 6K model, will they be allowed to purchase the 8K camera? Meaning you don't have to buy a new camera completely
2023-10-26
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7608 ft

United States

826 Raw Posted at 10-26 02:46
I would like to know if people who bought into the 6K model, will they be allowed to purchase the 8K camera? Meaning you don't have to buy a new camera completely

It's HIGHLY unlikely that DJI will ever let us do that.
2023-10-26
Use props
826 Raw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412608 ft
United Kingdom

Ford4D Posted at 2023-10-26 15:10
It's HIGHLY unlikely that DJI will ever let us do that.

I have just ordered the 8K gimbal, phew!
1-8 13:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules