Cannot download clips from Osmo Action 4 after iOS 17.0.3 update
3167 14 2023-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dutchiedonut
lvl.1

Canada

Hi Folks,

Like the subject says, I cannot download full or partial video files after the iOS 17.0.3 update. It just errors out.  You can browse the images, but not download them.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks.
2023-10-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there, dutchiedonut. May I know what error message are you getting when trying to download your media files? Thank you.
2023-10-9
Use props
dutchiedonut
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 10-9 20:45
Hello there, dutchiedonut. May I know what error message are you getting when trying to download your media files? Thank you.

Hi Tony,

“Download failed. Please check and try again.”

I have a full screencap of where it connects to the camera with Liveview, you can view the thumbnails (or rather I could yesterday - today they are a bunch of blank icons) but then there’s no preview.

Screen recording:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7azo8xsh6ya0sfqemskf3/Video-2023-10-10-8-30-51-am.mov?rlkey=uwmsuwvz9qtw6sn5olm9zujcv&dl=0

IMG_5900.png
2023-10-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dutchiedonut Posted at 10-10 04:31
Hi Tony,

“Download failed. Please check and try again.”

Hi there. Please make sure the DJI Mimo App and the Action 4 are up to date. Also, try restoring the factory settings. After reconnecting Osmo Action 4 to DJI Mimo via Wi-Fi, download a material, and see if this issue reoccurs. Thank you for your patience.
2023-10-23
Use props
sheriyar
New

Pakistan

I'm amazed by how easy Zetwitchmakes downloading Twitch clips. It's perfect for building your collection of epic gaming moments.
2023-11-6
Use props
Grendell
New
Australia

Hi.  Same problem on latest software on the Action 4 and my iPhone 13.   I fixed this by going to airplane mode on the phone - for some reason this allowes to uploaded etc.
2023-11-12
Use props
Grendell
New
Australia

Go to airplane mode on your phone, then try
2023-11-12
Use props
djiuser_uxMj4An4i56L
New
United States

Grendell Posted at 11-12 19:54

Thanks, airplane mode worked for me but it’s annoying to NOT use internet while connected to camera (lightcut and mimo templates need internet to analyze and edit). I expect DJI to roll out a fix soon.
2023-12-10
Use props
dutchiedonut
lvl.1

Canada

Yes, Airplane mode worked for me as well, however, I had moments where the transfer just stalled out and I don't remember what I did to get it going again. This app needs a little attention. Thanks for this advice!
2023-12-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Grendell Posted at 11-12 19:53
Hi.  Same problem on latest software on the Action 4 and my iPhone 13.   I fixed this by going to airplane mode on the phone - for some reason this allowes to uploaded etc.

Hello there. Sorry to hear about the trouble that you had experienced. However, we're glad to know that everything has been sorted out. To provide clarification to this phenomenon, due to the cellular network redirection policy in some countries or regions, the video may not be displayed or downloaded when previewing due to a network conflict. When this error appears while previewing, please turn off the mobile phone's mobile network and launch the DJI Mimo for previewing or downloading. I hope this information helps.
2023-12-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_uxMj4An4i56L Posted at 12-10 22:12
Thanks, airplane mode worked for me but it’s annoying to NOT use internet while connected to camera (lightcut and mimo templates need internet to analyze and edit). I expect DJI to roll out a fix soon.

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about your feedback. To provide further clarification on this phenomenon, you may refer to this link. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

dutchiedonut Posted at 12-22 08:49
Yes, Airplane mode worked for me as well, however, I had moments where the transfer just stalled out and I don't remember what I did to get it going again. This app needs a little attention. Thanks for this advice!

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you encounter this problem again, it's recommended to disable your cellular data to prevent inconvenience when downloading or previewing footage. I hope this helps with your query. Thank you for your support!
2023-12-23
Use props
HawaiiBee
New
United States

iphone 14 , ios 17.3.1 - still not downloading. Tried airplane mode and still failed.

Also, why is this forum not fit in a half window, its just too wife and no active resizing.
2-24 14:35
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

HawaiiBee Posted at 2-24 14:35
iphone 14 , ios 17.3.1 - still not downloading. Tried airplane mode and still failed.

Also, why is this forum not fit in a half window, its just too wife and no active resizing.

Hi, there. Sorry for the trouble that it may cause you. Please try to simply disable the cellular data and try to download it again. Please make sure to run the latest DJI Mimo app version as well. If the problem persists, we encourage you to send us a short video showing the problem for further checking. I hope to hear from you soon.
2-25 00:13
Use props
djiuser_w3TydP4mqp9Y
New

United States

Grendell Posted at 2023-11-12 19:54

Airplane mode fixed it for me too
3-31 11:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now