Battery cracked from heat stress
647 5 2023-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kopanz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814045 ft
Turkey

Mini 2 SE original battery from the single battery bundle cracked after 21 cycles.
I'm aware that Li-Po batteries are prone to swelling.
Avoided using the drone above 32°C temperature although the operating temperature is advertised as 0-40°C.
Tried to keep the battery temperature under 50°C. Discharged fully charged battery in 24 hours most of the time.

There is no damage and deep scratches on the battery other than this crack.
When you look into the crack carefully it's evident that this damage was caused by an expansion from inside out.
I'm ok with the current status of the battery case but it's surely going to disintegrate further, then I will not be able to prove that this crack was caused by heat stress.

IMG_3467.JPG IMG_3468.JPG IMG_3469.JPG Screenshot_2023-10-09-15-07-59.jpg

2023-10-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"When you look into the crack carefully it's evident that this damage was caused by an expansion from inside out."
What makes you say that?
With the missing chip it looks more like drop damage to me, where the battery came down on a pointed object. Or as if someone has attempted to open the battery's case.
2023-10-9
Use props
Kopanz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814045 ft
Turkey

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-9 05:30
"When you look into the crack carefully it's evident that this damage was caused by an expansion from inside out."
What makes you say that?
With the missing chip it looks more like drop damage to me, where the battery came down on a pointed object. Or as if someone has attempted to open the battery's case.

But I didn't dropped the battery and the drone isn't even crashed once since I bought it 6 months ago.
2023-10-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, there. We're sorry to hear about the situation with your battery. Please contact us via this link for immediate assistance. Rest assured your case will be handled accordingly. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
2023-10-9
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

There is nothing inside the battery box in the corner to create that issue... That's not just a crack. There is also a small piece of plastic missing... My guess is that it was either dropped or forced into...

That battery has not swollen up, so if it still holds the charge, you have no problems...

You are right. You won't be able to prove that the crack was caused by heat stress, because it is not! If you send it away for evaluation, you will end up short on cash...
2023-10-9
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-7 16:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules