Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dead Batteries?
493 7 2023-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlexKBR
lvl.1

Brazil

I moved away and left my DJI FPV Drone at my old house.
Yesterday I was back visiting and decided to do a quick flight. When I tried to charge the batteries, all 4 white LEDs blinked very fast for a few seconds and the battery turned off.This happened to all three batteries.
I asked an old friend for the smart charger on the Fly More Combo, and tried that as well. The LED on the charger initially glows green, but rapidly turns to red.
If I click the button on the battery again, they flash quickly all together for a few seconds and turn off.

Are these batteries dead? Any way to recover from that state? Maybe I can send it in for getting reset by DJI?

Thank you!

2023-10-10
Use props
Potato mini
First Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

they are probably in hibernation. leave them charging for 30 minutes and they should be fine
2023-10-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to leave the battery on the charger for approximately 2-3 hours and check if the issue persists? If yes, please provide us a short video showing the LED's behaviour for us to check it further. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-10-11
Use props
AlexKBR
lvl.1

Brazil

Left the batteries charging overnight and the same persists.

Here are two videos about it.
Connected directly to the charger, all LEDs blink:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/TZaeLxZYnA4

Connected to the Fly More charger, it turns on the red LED:

https://youtube.com/shorts/ixyItZX3tWU?feature=share
2023-10-16
Use props
AlexKBR
lvl.1

Brazil

Anyone? Can those be reprogrammed/saved somehow?
2023-10-24
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

prob not; i have 2 sitting around waiting for one day when someone will post the "save" instructions.  these batteries are fairly new and i've tried pretty much every method.
2023-10-24
Use props
cootertwo
First Officer
United States

Well, that's a bummer for sure. I have 2 FPV units flying, and 4 batteries. Also have a still sealed in the box FPV unit that I'm hanging onto. Really don't want to break the seal, but guess by the time it might get opened, the batteries will probably be dead. Oh well. I'm an old fat, and loosing interest in the whole hobby. I have a foot locker FULL of ammo cans, FULL of lipo's of all kinds and sizes, and ALL at least 4 to 5 years old. Need to sort all that out, cut leads and drop in a bucket of salt water...... on and on.
2023-10-24
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

cootertwo Posted at 10-24 09:08
Well, that's a bummer for sure. I have 2 FPV units flying, and 4 batteries. Also have a still sealed in the box FPV unit that I'm hanging onto. Really don't want to break the seal, but guess by the time it might get opened, the batteries will probably be dead. Oh well. I'm an old fat, and loosing interest in the whole hobby. I have a foot locker FULL of ammo cans, FULL of lipo's of all kinds and sizes, and ALL at least 4 to 5 years old. Need to sort all that out, cut leads and drop in a bucket of salt water...... on and on.

I suspect one day someone is going to come up with a solution since this happens so frequently.  If you have one NIB then I'm pretty sure you can send it to DJI and they will replace.  Doesn't hurt to try, fill out the online ticket.
2023-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules