Mini 4 Pro moore loose in the right arm ?
2807 38 2023-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kTvFwiRqnv44
lvl.3
Poland

Mini 4 Pro - slightly more play on the front right arm (without the inscription) than on the left one - do you also have this? I looked at 3 copies and each one had the same effect. This is not typical looseness, e.g. when shaking the drone it does not move, but when you grab the tip and move the front-back arm without the inscription there is less resistance noticeable
2023-10-10
Use props
Mynah
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3034081 ft
South Africa

Nope, not noticeable by hand, perhaps if measured with a draw scale for resistance but even then nothing I'd worry about.  Tensions are definitely high enough to keep arms in place during flight.  
2023-10-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_kTvFwiRqnv44. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please provide a video showing the loose arm for us to check if it is normal?
2023-10-12
Use props
DJI_user_PL
lvl.3
Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-12 02:03
Hi, djiuser_kTvFwiRqnv44. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please provide a video showing the loose arm for us to check if it is normal?

Tannk`s for reply:

2023-10-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DJI_user_PL Posted at 10-12 03:36
Tannk`s for reply:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOBlfp29hPs

Thank you for the video, DJI_user_PL. Let me forward this to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-10-12
Use props
DJI_user_PL
lvl.3
Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-12 04:29
Thank you for the video, DJI_user_PL. Let me forward this to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.

Thank you very much for your reaction, I saw it with my friends and it's similar, so it's probably the same for all of them. It's not a big deal if it doesn't get worse. If anything happens, I know that I can always count on DJI, it is one of the best service and support in the world.
2023-10-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DJI_user_PL Posted at 10-12 04:59
Thank you very much for your reaction, I saw it with my friends and it's similar, so it's probably the same for all of them. It's not a big deal if it doesn't get worse. If anything happens, I know that I can always count on DJI, it is one of the best service and support in the world.

You're most welcome, DJI_user_PL. We haven't have received an update yet. We will keep you posted once their feedback becomes available.
2023-10-14
Use props
Andrzej Wojciechowski
New

United Kingdom

My drone have the same issue, I thought I might hit it somewhere but it would have to be some significant crash which I don't remember.
2023-10-25
Use props
DJI_user_PL
lvl.3
Poland

Andrzej Wojciechowski Posted at 10-25 12:16
My drone have the same issue, I thought I might hit it somewhere but it would have to be some significant crash which I don't remember.

Mine has been like this since new - after taking it out of the box.
2023-10-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DJI_user_PL Posted at 10-12 04:59
Thank you very much for your reaction, I saw it with my friends and it's similar, so it's probably the same for all of them. It's not a big deal if it doesn't get worse. If anything happens, I know that I can always count on DJI, it is one of the best service and support in the world.

Hi, DJI_user_PL. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant team. As per them, the arm is within the tolerance of processing, please feel free to use it. Should you get any errors DJI Fly app, please let us know. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-10-27
Use props
djiuser_kTvFwiRqnv44
lvl.3
Poland

What does it look like in the new projections? Also more looseness on one shoulder?
2023-12-23
Use props
Tabloka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2480 ft
Germany

I would say that the hinge is broken. I crashed my MINI 4 PRO a few days ago and had the same problem. The left arm was loose. So I inspected the damages with a disassambly of the left arm. Only the two small TORX screws. Then I could see the damage. The hinge was slightly broken. To disassamble the hinge you have to unscew the three tiny screws and then an inspection of the hinge is simple.
I glued mine for a temporary solution and it works.
Now I'm looking for a spare part.
Good luck
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tabloka Posted at 12-25 03:03
I would say that the hinge is broken. I crashed my MINI 4 PRO a few days ago and had the same problem. The left arm was loose. So I inspected the damages with a disassambly of the left arm. Only the two small TORX screws. Then I could see the damage. The hinge was slightly broken. To disassamble the hinge you have to unscew the three tiny screws and then an inspection of the hinge is simple.

Hi there. Sorry about what happened to your drone. We suggest sending it to the DJI facility to get it repaired for flight safety. You can submit a repair request using this link: https://repair.dji.com/. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-12-26
Use props
Tabloka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2480 ft
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 12-26 03:13
Hi there. Sorry about what happened to your drone. We suggest sending it to the DJI facility to get it repaired for flight safety. You can submit a repair request using this link: https://repair.dji.com/. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Hi DJI Tony,
thanks for the suggestion but it doesen't make sense to send the whole drone back and forth across the country just to change the hinge. Here a suggestion from mine side.
Please send me the hinge I needed and I will take care of the drone myself. It is not worth to submit a repair request (even though I have a two-year care contract) for such a tiny repair.
Thanks in advance.
2023-12-26
Use props
djiuser_kTvFwiRqnv44
lvl.3
Poland

Tabloka Posted at 12-25 03:03
I would say that the hinge is broken. I crashed my MINI 4 PRO a few days ago and had the same problem. The left arm was loose. So I inspected the damages with a disassambly of the left arm. Only the two small TORX screws. Then I could see the damage. The hinge was slightly broken. To disassamble the hinge you have to unscew the three tiny screws and then an inspection of the hinge is simple.

My drone hasn't had an accident, this looseness is new, my friend has the same thing.
2023-12-26
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Crossed my mind this might be caused by the excessive pressure needed to pop closed the snap on the new propeller guard. Its tough to begin with, but when I'm outside flying at 0 celsius I often leave it unsnapped as I hear creaking from the plastic while trying top close it, lol
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tabloka Posted at 12-26 05:12
Hi DJI Tony,
thanks for the suggestion but it doesen't make sense to send the whole drone back and forth across the country just to change the hinge. Here a suggestion from mine side.
Please send me the hinge I needed and I will take care of the drone myself. It is not worth to submit a repair request (even though I have a two-year care contract) for such a tiny repair.

Hello, Tabloka. We don't advise self-repair as we cannot guarantee flight safety. The drone might also lose its warranty. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-12-27
Use props
djiuser_ZFQySn4El9aa
lvl.1

Canada

Hi, i noticed the same thing on my dji mini 4 pro when i received it. Did yoy get any update regarding this ?
1-12 06:37
Use props
Andrew Baer M.D.
lvl.1

United States

Was this issue ever resolved. Notice slightly increased play on mine as well
1-12 22:10
Use props
yves wouters
lvl.2
Belgium

I've just checked out after reading this post; no noticeable problems here. maybe it's a problem whith a certain batch, send to a certean region?(I'm from Belgium,Europe)
1-12 22:20
Use props
djiuser_ZFQySn4El9aa
lvl.1

Canada

DJI_user_PL Posted at 2023-10-25 12:28
Mine has been like this since new - after taking it out of the box.

I have the same.on mine. Did it get worse ?
1-18 15:17
Use props
djiuser_kTvFwiRqnv44
lvl.3
Poland

djiuser_ZFQySn4El9aa Posted at 1-18 15:17
I have the same.on mine. Did it get worse ?

No, it's still the same, no changes.
1-18 15:19
Use props
AiFlyBoy
New
United States

Yes it seem they are all like that if you put enough pressure on it it will wiggle. Looks like the tolerance for the left and right hinge is slightly different. They are made of plastic from China. Mine is exactly the same so quit wiggling it and go fly it! LOL
1-23 18:05
Use props
djiuser_uJp1ZFHfvx90
lvl.1
Flight distance : 248891 ft

United States

This is happening to me, does it affect your drone or flight in the long term or is this normal?
1-23 18:44
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_uJp1ZFHfvx90 Posted at 1-23 18:44
This is happening to me, does it affect your drone or flight in the long term or is this normal?

Hi. If the looseness is the same as in the video above, it is found that the arm is within the normal tolerance of processing. You can post a video if you want so we can check yours further. Have a nice day.
1-23 19:53
Use props
djiuser_uJp1ZFHfvx90
lvl.1

United States

mine has a bit more looseness then the video, but not a crazy difference from the video, are they faulty batches or is that normal?
1-24 09:47
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_uJp1ZFHfvx90 Posted at 1-24 09:47
mine has a bit more looseness then the video, but not a crazy difference from the video, are they faulty batches or is that normal?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please upload a short video showing the issue via Google Drive and send the link to us for further confirmation. We will surely provide you with a response after we review the video file. We appreciate your cooperation.
1-24 22:01
Use props
djiuser_uJp1ZFHfvx90
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-24 22:01
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please upload a short video showing the issue via Google Drive and send the link to us for further confirmation. We will surely provide you with a response after we review the video file. We appreciate your cooperation.

https://youtu.be/CxbPPjqZRH0?feature=shared
This is not my video but the looseness on my mini 3 is exactly like the video
1-26 18:19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_uJp1ZFHfvx90 Posted at 1-26 18:19
https://youtu.be/CxbPPjqZRH0?feature=shared
This is not my video but the looseness on my mini 3 is exactly like the video

Hi there. Thank you for your response. If your drone has the exact looseness shown in the video above provided by the author of this thread, it has been clarified that the arm is within the normal tolerance of processing. However, if your drone has experienced a hard landing before and experiences this, we highly recommend sending the unit in for proper diagnostics. Should you have further inquiries, feel free to contact us.
1-30 01:08
Use props
djiuser_uJp1ZFHfvx90
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-30 01:08
Hi there. Thank you for your response. If your drone has the exact looseness shown in the video above provided by the author of this thread, it has been clarified that the arm is within the normal tolerance of processing. However, if your drone has experienced a hard landing before and experiences this, we highly recommend sending the unit in for proper diagnostics. Should you have further inquiries, feel free to contact us.

My drone came with that looseness. so the video that I sent is not in the normal tolerance?
1-30 15:54
Use props
djiuser_uJp1ZFHfvx90
lvl.1

United States

It flys normal and everything. also both of the arms kinda have the same looseness but the left front arm has justs a tad more sturdyness then the right one
1-30 16:01
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_uJp1ZFHfvx90 Posted at 1-30 16:01
It flys normal and everything. also both of the arms kinda have the same looseness but the left front arm has justs a tad more sturdyness then the right one

You may upload the video of the exact drone that you are using so we can clarify this on our end. The video that you have sent before is more likely the same with the video posted on the original thread. We will wait for the  actual video of your unit so we can provide you an accurate resolution. Thank you.
2-1 20:20
Use props
Michas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199846 ft
Poland

Hello. I will join the discussion. Is this looseness at the connection between the arms and the body OK?

3-12 02:07
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Michas Posted at 3-12 02:07
Hello. I will join the discussion. Is this looseness at the connection between the arms and the body OK?
https://vimeo.com/922345805?share=copy

Hi there. Let me forward this to the designated team to confirm if this looks normal. I will get back to you with an update. Thank you for your patience.
3-13 01:33
Use props
djiuser_cto0xjo3XSty
New
Flight distance : 211572 ft
France

Hello,
I have the same problem with my DJI Mini 4 Pro drone!
The front arm has a little play compared to the left one; the joint seems more fragile.
Have you encountered any long-term issues on your end?

I have had the drone for 2/3 weeks.
3-16 04:07
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Michas Posted at 3-12 02:07
https://vimeo.com/922345805?share=copy

Hi. Thank you for patiently waiting. Based on the video, as also checked by our related team, this is under the normal range, please feel free to use it. Have a great day.
3-19 03:23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_cto0xjo3XSty Posted at 3-16 04:07
Hello,
I have the same problem with my DJI Mini 4 Pro drone!
The front arm has a little play compared to the left one; the joint seems more fragile.

Hello there. If the aircraft is functioning normally and the axis arms do not fall down when the drone is placed upright, and if there is no obvious shaking or drooping of the arms after they are unfolded, then you can use the drone safely. Have a nice day.
3-19 03:25
Use props
Roety
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38579 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’ve replace about 50 of the front hinges.  Fyi. Mini 3 front axis point (hinge) also fits mini 4.  Orlando drone repair
4-6 12:42
Use props
Samuel Albu
New
Germany

I got so much obsessed over this as I just got my Mini 4 Pro today. There is definitely more play on the front right arm when you press on it as if to move it to the front and back, without doing the normal rotation for assembling the arms back together. The left arm with the inscription feels sturdier and has less play. I remember my Mini 2 (which got stolen last year in San Francisco just before returning back to EU) had a similar issue on one of it's legs, can't remember which. I thought of asking for a return at DJI for the quality issue on the Mini 4, but if more users experience the same thing and there is no problem during flight, also assuming this does not loosen up more, then I believe I am good. Got so obsessed over this today, glad I've read your post. ;)
4-22 14:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules