connected device not bound to aircraft
671 10 2023-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIdoesitwork
lvl.1
United States

OK Im new to the DJIs. So far, very, very disappointed. I have a brand new, not second hand, Mini 2 SE with base model RC, again bought new from amazon as a set. I have flown it for a total of 11 minutes, no problems. This morning I arrived at the beach for a vacation and it wont fly. Error message says "connected device not bound to aircraft. Connect to bound device: Remote Controller (SN: 6nyxl*****01pa) to continue or perform the following steps" then it gives the options to "unbind device" or "cancel".
First my RC has a tiny serial number printed on it and it matches what the error message says is the correct serial number RC. SO, I dont get what is wrong. If I select cancel then I cant fly. If I select unbind device I folow the proccess until I get an error saying "server unavailable". SO that is it. I call the tech support and they had me send them a milion screen shots and confirmed my serial numbers via cell phone pics and they said I should unbind and rebind using the DJI assistant +2 consumer app. Following those instructions I have run this app and it doesnt seem to do anything, it recognizes the drone and says it is all up to date. If I go to device management in the dji fly app it just says no device found, becuase I unbound it as instructed. It was present before unbinding. But it doesnt give me any option to rebind. It acts like it is not connected to the RC? Support does not seem to have any other ideas to offer me? Did I just throw away a couple hundred dollars?
2023-10-10
Use props
DJIdoesitwork
lvl.1
United States

Using the DJI assistant i refreshed the firmware for both the drone and the RC. Then I uninstalled the go fly apk and reinstalled it. I logged back in and tried to connect the drone and the RC and I get the same error  "connected device not bound to aircraft" device manager still shows no bound device.
2023-10-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, sorry to hear the experience you came cross. Would you please share us your remote controller SN? We will help you to further check with our relevant team. Thanks.
2023-10-10
Use props
DJIdoesitwork
lvl.1
United States

printed on back of RC below QRcode "6************A". This matches the serial number in the error code. edited out serial number per request.
2023-10-11
Use props
DJIdoesitwork
lvl.1
United States

drone serial number 1************8. edited out serial numbers per request
2023-10-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DELETE THOSE SEIAL NUMBERS ( EDIT THE POSTS) AND SEND THE INFORMATION TO THOR VIA A PM.
2023-10-11
Use props
DJIdoesitwork
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-11 04:38
DELETE THOSE SEIAL NUMBERS ( EDIT THE POSTS) AND SEND THE INFORMATION TO THOR VIA A PM.

edited per request. and sent PM
2023-10-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJIdoesitwork Posted at 10-11 08:21

ok
2023-10-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DJIdoesitwork Posted at 10-11 08:21

Thank you for sharing, we replied you via PM. Thanks.
2023-10-11
Use props
DJIdoesitwork
lvl.1
United States

I have given up. I returned the item to the amazon seller and have received a full refund.
2023-10-12
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-7 16:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules