RC Range issues
606 4 2023-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raven Reels
lvl.1
Flight distance : 701322 ft
United States

i have had my inspire 2 for about 3 months now. ive flown it a handful of times and iam having poor RC range.  Iam using the included non cendence controller and even with flying in a an open field im not getting anywhere close to 7km range. maybe 4 or 5 tops. if I upgrade to the cendence controller will i get a better range?
2023-10-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, for your inquriy, you could try to use the cendence controller with the patch antenna, which has the same power as a rod antenna, but also has strong directivity. It has higher anti-interference than a rod antenna in the same environment. However, the strong directivity is also a drawback for the patch antenna, because the antenna surface must be aligned with the aircraft for better performance.
2023-10-11
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

No, absolutely not. The patch antenna is a disaster. It will give you slightly stronger directional signal but everything thats off axis will be worse.

The inspire 2 signal strength is poor at the best of times being deadly honest. You might get a Km or 2 in areas with low interference, but go to a place with a lot of RF signals flying around and your range will drop to 100m-200m without image degradation or loss, even in direct LOS.
2023-10-11
Use props
Raven Reels
lvl.1
Flight distance : 701322 ft
United States

Should I just accept the fact that I will always have poor range?
2023-10-11
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

Unfortunately yes.

You learn to work around it. The image quality from the drone itself is very good, but the transmission has always been so-so.
2023-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules