Force updating firmware
977 6 2023-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hornetster
lvl.1
Australia

Anyone know if it is possible to FORCE an update to the firmware?
Having issues with having lost the hyperlapse function off the Action.
Got on to DJI support (?), and they gave me this procedure:

• Download the special firmware from the following link: [https://pan-sec.djicorp.com............].
  • Copy the firmware file to the root directory of a microSD card.
  • Insert the microSD card into your Osmo Action.
  • Power on your Osmo Action.
  • The Osmo Action will automatically update to firmware version 00.00.00.00 (6983).
  • Once the update is complete, connect your Osmo Action to the DJI Mimo app and update to the latest firmware.

but this does NOT work, as the SPECIAL firmware is supposed to update to 00.00.00.00 (6983), but it ACTUALLY updates to 99.99.99.99(6762).
I can then not update to the LATEST firmware (OSMO_ACTION_FW_V01.10.00.40.bin), I'm assuming, because the version in the camera is numerically higher??

If it doesn't work, DJI want me to take the camera in for repair, but, obviously it's NOT going to be under warranty, even though I am now in this predicament, because of their suggestions.

Thanks.
2023-10-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please take a screenshot showing the version 99.99.99.99 (6762) on your unit? Also, please try to redo the process and once you already stored the special firmware 99.99.99.99bin in the root directory of the microSD card, insert the micro SD card then make sure that you restart the Osmo Action to update the firmware. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-10-10
Use props
hornetster
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks for the reply.
Have already tried redoing the download/copy/insert several times, of the special version firmware - only ever worked the first time, since then, it does nothing when powering on the camera (as it believes/knows that the identical firmware is already loaded??)

OsmoActionVer.jpg
2023-10-11
Use props
hornetster
lvl.1
Australia

Can anyone assist?
2023-10-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. It seems that you forgot to restart your unit after you inserted the microSD card with the firmware 00.00.00.00 (6983) on it. Please redo the process and once you already loaded up the firmware file on your SD card RESTART THE UNIT then connect the Osmo Action to the DJI Mimo app on your mobile device or use the firmware provided on the official website to re-update the firmware then check if the issue persists. Hope this helps.
2023-10-19
Use props
hornetster
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-19 20:34
Hi there. Sorry for the late response. It seems that you forgot to restart your unit after you inserted the microSD card with the firmware 00.00.00.00 (6983) on it. Please redo the process and once you already loaded up the firmware file on your SD card RESTART THE UNIT then connect the Osmo Action to the DJI Mimo app on your mobile device or use the firmware provided on the official website to re-update the firmware then check if the issue persists. Hope this helps.

No, I didn't...
I wish it were so simple.
2023-10-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

hornetster Posted at 10-22 01:15
No, I didn't...
I wish it were so simple.

Thank you for your response and we're sorry for the trouble. Please try to connect your unit via the DJI Mimo app and make sure that you are connected to a network (internet connection) then check if you can now download the latest version. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules