Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go (v2.1) reports updates required......no idea to what
1130 15 2015-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wingedwraith
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192215 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

At the moment whenever I switch on and connect to my i1 the iOS app (the latest version) reports that updates are required. It also says I cannot update the RC as it doesn't support wireless updating. I recently put v1.3.0 on the the aircraft and it was sucessful so now I'm confused what it's referring to.

Has anyone else seen these messages in the app? Am I missing something really obvious here?

Many thanks

Neil
2015-9-4
Use props
Consult
lvl.3
Finland

Update the RC with a USB stick perhaps?
That needs to be v1.3.o aswell
2015-9-4
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

also do your batteries.... with every update this is a PFD file, it is important to read them, it explains everything you need to know about the FW update... good luck
2015-9-4
Use props
Wingedwraith
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Consult Posted at 2015-9-4 09:58
Update the RC with a USB stick perhaps?
That needs to be v1.3.o aswell

OK so the same update package is used for the controllers too? I missed that.

I'll give that a go.

Neil
2015-9-6
Use props
Wingedwraith
lvl.1
United Kingdom

tapboxer@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-4 11:28
also do your batteries.... with every update this is a PFD file, it is important to read them, it ex ...

Thanks, I believe that all of those are done but I will check them. I believe that as long as the update file is on the card the batteries will automatically update right?

Neil
2015-9-6
Use props
Consult
lvl.3
Finland

Wingedwraith Posted at 2015-9-6 21:45
OK so the same update package is used for the controllers too? I missed that.

I'll give that a g ...

Yes, same .bin file as with the aircraft and update exactly the same way as with the aircraft
2015-9-6
Use props
Consult
lvl.3
Finland

Wingedwraith Posted at 2015-9-6 21:47
Thanks, I believe that all of those are done but I will check them. I believe that as long as the  ...

First battery gets the update when you upgarde the aircraft, but for the other batteries you have to remove the txt.file, insert new battery and again update the new battery
2015-9-6
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

Wingedwraith Posted at 2015-9-6 14:47
Thanks, I believe that all of those are done but I will check them. I believe that as long as the  ...

yes as long as the RC is off
2015-9-7
Use props
Wingedwraith
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Consult Posted at 2015-9-7 07:45
Yes, same .bin file as with the aircraft and update exactly the same way as with the aircraft

Thanks, perhaps I'm missing something but I tried to update the controller, nothing happens. Can you just walk me through what I need to do as I'm following the instructions on the update PDF to the letter but the controller just sits there, connected to the RC but no updating.

Neil
2015-9-7
Use props
Kenrwi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47674 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wingedwraith Posted at 2015-9-7 07:05
Thanks, perhaps I'm missing something but I tried to update the controller, nothing happens. Can y ...

The controller doesn't require an update this time, the PDF covers this. You update the controller through the GO app only since 1.3.  Since it doesn't need an update it won't show one available In the app.  This time just the app itself and the firmware for the inspire and the batteries get updated.
2015-9-7
Use props
Wingedwraith
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Wingedwraith Posted at 2015-9-7 15:05
Thanks, perhaps I'm missing something but I tried to update the controller, nothing happens. Can y ...

Thank you for the help but the app reports as below so I assume that it does need updating but it will not do so. Ideas?
IMG_0004.jpg
2015-9-7
Use props
Consult
lvl.3
Finland

You could try to plug the controller into the cameras usb-port, with the firmware on sd card in camera. That's how i got mine to take the 1.3 firmware. Plug it in AFTER the gimbal calibration though, with the aircraft powerd on.
2015-9-7
Use props
rdteam62.dji
R&D Team

Hong Kong

You need to use the v1.3.0.0 firmware to upgrade your RC. As there is no RC firmware package in v1.4.0.10
2015-9-7
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

You should be able to just download the 1.3.0.0 firmware from the DJI website. Put the bin file at the root directory of a USB flash drive.
Turn off the remote controller, Insert the USB flash drive into the remote controller USB port.
Power on the remote controller and wait 60 seconds until the upgrade begins. Do not power off the remote controller during the update.
It will take less than 10 minutes to complete the firmware update. The controller will sound a beeping sound and the Status LED on the remote controller shows SOLID BLUE to indicate the update is in progress. The Status LED on remote controller shows SOLID GREEN and beeping
sound will stop if the upgrade is completed with success.
2015-9-7
Use props
Wingedwraith
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-8 06:24
You should be able to just download the 1.3.0.0 firmware from the DJI website. Put the bin file at t ...

Believe me Dave this procedure doesn't work for a lot of people, I tried most of yesterday get it to work but the only way I could get it to update was to connect the controller directly to the camera and update it from there. The RC update from USB/card reader is unreliable at best.

Neil
2015-9-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

Wingedwraith Posted at 2015-9-8 03:41
Believe me Dave this procedure doesn't work for a lot of people, I tried most of yesterday get it  ...

Ok thanks Neil,
I guess I will include that advice in my future posts,  as an option if the USB method does not work.

Thanks again.
Dave
2015-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules