Restricted Zone from 4 satellites
707 5 2023-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kopanz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814045 ft
Turkey

DJI Mini 2 SE doesn't allow you to take off with GPS while it can sustain 12-16 satellites for 5 minutes.
But only 4 satellites are enough to decide that it's in a Restricted Zone.
With just 4 satellites error margin is more than 100 meters, the drone might be outside the restricted zone actually.
I was thinking to buy DJI Mini 4 Pro Fly More Plus but I changed my decision after seeing the anti-consumer design of DJI drones.

Screenshot_2023-10-11-12-00-06-332_dji.go.v5.jpg

2023-10-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"DJI Mini 2 SE doesn't allow you to take off with GPS while it can sustain 12-16 satellites for 5 minutes." what do you mean by that?

"With just 4 satellites error margin is more than 100 meters, the drone might be outside the restricted zone actually." and it might equally be INSIDE the restricted zone so refusing to take off is the correct thing to do. Surely the simple solution would be to move the launch point ....... ?
I
2023-10-11
Use props
Kopanz
lvl.3
Turkey

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-11 01:23
"DJI Mini 2 SE doesn't allow you to take off with GPS while it can sustain 12-16 satellites for 5 minutes." what do you mean by that?

While the satellite count is fluctuating and the drone claims "GPS signal is weak" it's not taking the homepoint eventhough the satellite count is 12-16. It's doing this even there is no GPS position mismatch.
Satellite count was above 10 for more than 5 minutes but it still didn't approve the takeoff with GPS.
2023-10-11
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

So were you in a geo zone or not?

As you mention, 4 satellites is enough for gps to work out your general location, but it’s not enough to be able to determine a precise location tat is good enough to set your home point or for maintaining its position.

Not really sure what your complaint is about.  If you didn’t have enough satellites, that’s because you had an obstructed view of the sky.  Move to a different location where you have an unobstructed view so that it can get signals from more satellites.
2023-10-11
Use props
Kopanz
lvl.3
Turkey

KlooGee Posted at 10-11 02:02
So were you in a geo zone or not?

As you mention, 4 satellites is enough for gps to work out your general location, but it’s not enough to be able to determine a precise location tat is good enough to set your home point or for maintaining its position.

According to the flight log I'm in the ocean below Ghana Africa
GPS signal is so bad that it can't record it's real position into the flight log but it can decide it's in a Restricted Zone.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/3AU09Y648GR88OQVTDFM/
2023-10-11
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-7 16:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now