How to find FAA remote id code
14160 12 2023-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ThrasherG
lvl.2

United States

I have a mini 3 pro and it has all the latest updates, I was looking on the FAA drone registration site and it now gives me the option to state which of my drones has the remote id capability. When I select the mini 3 pro and state it has the option, the FAA page then asks for the actual remote id serial number. How do I find that? I have not enabled remote ID on the drone, I understand it just gets enabled as part of a firmware update. So where do I look to find the remote id code so that I can enter it into the FAA drone registration site?

Regards Gary
2023-10-11
Use props
ThrasherG
lvl.2

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-11 13:17
Enter the drone serial number.  You can find it on the box label, or from within the Fly app.  Allow aircraft & RC to connect, then enter Camera View, click the 3 dots (...) in the upper right corner > About > scroll to bottom.

Many thanks, I assumed it was a FAA unique number, didn’t realize it was the drones serial number. Will try it in the next day or two.

Regards Gary
2023-10-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Gary. Thank you for reaching out. If the drone has a 20-digit alphanumeric serial number (always prefixed with 1581F) like the Mini 3 Pro, in this case, the Remote ID serial number is the same as the aircraft serial number, and generally the same as the flight controller serial number. You can check the serial number of the drone in various ways:

• Serial number on the box sticker Note.
• Serial number inside the battery compartment or elsewhere on the fuselage of the drone Note.
• Serial number inside the DJI flight control app.
• Serial number inside “Available networks” of the WLAN Note.

Hope this helps.
2023-10-11
Use props
Shayne Lory
lvl.1
Flight distance : 751407 ft

United States

Simply not true. I enter my serial number and the FAA says it’s not a valid remote id number on my FVP drone
IMG_1486.jpeg
2023-12-29
Use props
djiuser_dXQRk3RiBdjK
New

United States

Shayne Lory Posted at 2023-12-29 20:22
Simply not true. I enter my serial number and the FAA says it’s not a valid remote id number on my FVP drone

I am running into the same thing. I have registered drones before, so I am familiar with the process, and I keep getting the same error for every drone I try to register. I even went as far to try every combination of zero vs. O, and kept getting the same error.
Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 2.25.49 PM.png
1-31 12:23
Use props
Sander van der Bie
New

Netherlands

Has anyone managed to figure this out? I've been asking DJI Support for help, who stated it is '158 + controller serial number + 0', but this does not work for my Mavic 2 Zoom.
2-4 06:56
Use props
Shayne Lory
lvl.1
Flight distance : 751407 ft

United States

Sander van der Bie Posted at 2-4 06:56
Has anyone managed to figure this out? I've been asking DJI Support for help, who stated it is '158 + controller serial number + 0', but this does not work for my Mavic 2 Zoom.

I actually did come up with a solution for this. I read it on another thread in the Forums. I cannot remember what numbers I used in front of my serial number. I will look at it tomorrow when I get home and can get logged in
2-8 19:37
Use props
Hoffgoat
New

United States

Shayne Lory Posted at 2-8 19:37
I actually did come up with a solution for this. I read it on another thread in the Forums. I cannot remember what numbers I used in front of my serial number. I will look at it tomorrow when I get home and can get logged in

Hello Shayne -

Any luck on finding out how you got the correct set of numbers for remote serial ID to register with FAA? I have the same prefix 37QB.... as the above user and nothing is working to make it happy.
2-20 14:12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

F

Hoffgoat Posted at 2-20 14:12
Hello Shayne -

Any luck on finding out how you got the correct set of numbers for remote serial ID to register with FAA? I have the same prefix 37QB.... as the above user and nothing is working to make it happy.

Hi, Hoffgoat. For an aircraft with a 14-digit SN, you can get it by adding "1581F" to the 14-digit flight controller SN then add "0", and the total number of digits is also 20: 1581FXXXXXXXXXXXXXX0. Have a nice day.
2-21 00:47
Use props
shawnik
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-21 00:47
Hi, Hoffgoat. For an aircraft with a 14-digit SN, you can get it by adding "1581F" to the 14-digit flight controller SN then add "0", and the total number of digits is also 20: 1581XXXXXXXXXXXXXX0. Have a nice day.

Thanks DJI Tony, that worked! I have a DJI-FPV that i couldn't register and your suggestion did the trick. Good for another 3 years.
2-26 21:52
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

shawnik Posted at 2-26 21:52
Thanks DJI Tony, that worked! I have a DJI-FPV that i couldn't register and your suggestion did the trick. Good for another 3 years.

Awesome. I'm glad to know it helped. You can always reach us if you need further assistance. Have a great day ahead.
2-27 02:25
Use props
djiuser_hxU5CFXpFwNK
New

United States

DJI Tony,  Thanks for posting how to get RID working with FAA website!  Now I just need to get the remote ID error off the drone.  I'm going to try updating again.
3-28 13:28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_hxU5CFXpFwNK Posted at 3-28 13:28
DJI Tony,  Thanks for posting how to get RID working with FAA website!  Now I just need to get the remote ID error off the drone.  I'm going to try updating again.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please confirm what specific DJI product you are using so we can provide you with an accurate resolution. We will wait for your response. Thank you.
3-28 21:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules