Should I buy the Inspire 1 now or wait?
3357 29 2015-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brian.moss94
lvl.1

Australia

i really want to buy the Inspire 1 or should I wait and see for future upgrades etc..
image.jpg
2015-9-4
Use props
AllanVB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83642 ft
United States

Wait!  Make sure you are buying the complete product as advertised.
2015-9-4
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

Good answer Allan. Wait and see what the new firmware brings. In the mean time, read all you can and go on YouTube and watch some of the fix it videos and flight videos. Also see what would be good to purchase. Make sure you get what they say it will do. Not later, NOW. That's one of the problems with the Inspire. I bought it as they where saying and showing one thing and some of the things told to us have not come true. $3,000 is a lot to pay for a UAV now a days. So take your time and get a good one. Once you purchase it, it's all yours.
2015-9-4
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wait by all means
2015-9-4
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Have a real understanding of what you need from a craft and look carefully at what is actually available. Don't get sucked in by marketing material. DJI are very good at selling you stuff that "may be" available at some point in the future, most probably not.
2015-9-4
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is a great product, I would wait till the end of the year to see if there is a version 2 coming out, if not I would recommend buying it.
2015-9-4
Use props
SimplePanda
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I don't know if we'll ever see an Inspire 2. Hopefully, but somehow I doubt it...

I think that DJI announced and released the Inspire 1 months before the Phantom 3 series and that the Phantom 3 Pro came out and ate the Inspire 1's lunch. Same camera system and specs on a smaller, cheaper copter.

I think we may see an updated gimbal for the Inspire 1 - the rumoured "X5" gimbal. With any luck this will lift a third party camera, similar to the pro Zenmuse Z15 series. The Inspire 1 lifting a Blackmagic Micro is basically the ultimate work-a-day production copter for a lot of people.
2015-9-4
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

I don't think you will see an Inspire 2... i hope you might be able to see some new cameras or options... but new platform no, i doubt it. The whole point of the inspire is the modular camera, so why come out with a new bird before you can sell more gimbals or cameras...
2015-9-4
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Honestly I'd wait until the new year.
We haven't seen the delivery of any 3rd Party flight / Nav apps yet, because of delays due to ongoing SDK quality problems.
These will be sorted out in time and I'm sure that there will be some great apps out there that will make your Inspire perform really well.

For now, it's really just an RC quadcopter with a basic GPS guidance that lets you hover and RTH.
DJI's announcement of Nav functions will not suit anyone's needs terribly well - but if the basic package suits your use case then go ahead.
Be very realistic as to your expectations however - look at the camera output and decide if it's enough for your needs.

Will there be an Inspire 2? Yep, looking back at DJI's form and past history I think that is a safe bet. It will look different and be a lot more expensive however.
DJI will have to offer more functionality to justify a price premium over the P3, so expect avoidance to be built in and a different camera setup.
I doubt that they will develop anything more professional as far as the app is concerned. I'd also expect that the camera mount will be changed and not compatible with the X3.

I'm hopeful to be proven wrong in all of this, but going on past performance and history, I don't see much coming for the I1.   
2015-9-4
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Greece

I would buy it now.

The inspire is so much better then the P3
2015-9-5
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

I would buy it now an then keep it clean with uncensored firmware versions and software. Though you are in Australia expect to face the same as EU slaves.

Like in EU as always the EU gangster governments  will spoil it completely:

EU drone legislation draft: (e.g. I-Drone shall take the form of an electronic chip that enforcement authorities must have easy access to).

I bet DJI will be the first to implement this enslavement. However will be a run on the last free drone with the last free firmware without the heavy bunch of upcoming geofences in any populated areas and government control chip.

Who knows the next drones will not already be delivered with secret chips and geofence firmware?

2015-9-5
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I fI did not have one I would have bought one. You can not get any better in this price range. It might come an Inspire 2 - but still you will have a superb Inspire 1. I think we will see a camera/gimbal upgrade for Inspire 1 before any Inspire 2
2015-9-5
Use props
brian.moss94
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks heaps for all the feedback guys!!
2015-9-8
Use props
njabinc
lvl.2

United States

brian.moss94@gm Posted at 2015-9-8 09:13
Thanks heaps for all the feedback guys!!

If you had the chance to bed the hottest girl in school what would you say? Nah I'll wait and see if she learns how to "perform" better. LOL ROTF & LMAO!!!  So just like a hottie the Inspire 1 can be a little bitchy every now and again. Go for it!! The amazing positives far out weight the annoying occasional issue.
2015-9-8
Use props
brian.moss94
lvl.1

Australia

njabinc Posted at 2015-9-9 08:33
If you had the chance to bed the hottest girl in school what would you say? Nah I'll wait and see  ...

I like your logic! Haha!
2015-9-8
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
United Kingdom

Tbh a waste of money as dji scammed us with their favourite saying "coming soon" lol so is the end of our warranties.... Don't buy dji!
2015-9-9
Use props
brian.moss94
lvl.1

Australia

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-9-9 16:50
Tbh a waste of money as dji scammed us with their favourite saying "coming soon" lol so is the end o ...

What would you recommend that's the same/or better then the Inspire 1?
2015-9-9
Use props
blurfonz
lvl.2

Singapore

hahaha tomorrow I guess? I mean there's some surprises up coming!
2015-9-9
Use props
brian.moss94
lvl.1

Australia

Well I'll be sure to wait now after the price increase!
2015-9-11
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-9-9 16:50
Tbh a waste of money as dji scammed us with their favourite saying "coming soon" lol so is the end o ...

WOW I thought I was the only one getting that "Shafted" feeling with DJI...First all the promises under the sun of what it can do Then the available extra's...Now No spare parts Faulty birds Long repair turn around times And getting shut out and (typical so far) by most not all DJI-Autumn is great And even going as far as not being able to interact with their FB page. I said and did nothing to bring that about so it's left a nasty taste for DJI in the future.
2015-9-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-9-11 23:31
WOW  I thought I was the only one getting that "Shafted" feeling with DJI...First all the promis ...

Captain, I am sorry that you are so bitter.  Yes we try to assist our customers a best that we can,  I know that you will bash me for that as not good enough.  I agree we have not done enough and are trying to do better.  Time will tell how we do.  Autumn is a great associate.  I am pleased to call her my friend.  She assisted me greatly while I was in China.  I am not sure why you are feeling "shafted" by DJI.  Tech moves forward.  Your TV over a year ago did not do 4K.  How many of your cable channels support that now?  There will be lags in tech and end user realization of that tech.  Also note that the regulatory environment has changed.  We are trying to keep abreast of what they are doing.  We will never satisfy everyone and I am sorry for that.
2015-9-11
Use props
brian.moss94
lvl.1

Australia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-9-12 14:57
Captain, I am sorry that you are so bitter.  Yes we try to assist our customers a best that we can ...

So no comment on the price increase in Australia?
2015-9-12
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

brian.moss94@gm Posted at 2015-9-12 02:34
So no comment on the price increase in Australia?

I do not know.  I can ask sales and marketing.
2015-9-12
Use props
brian.moss94
lvl.1

Australia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-9-12 22:23
I do not know.  I can ask sales and marketing.

That would be great if you can get back to us on what they say
2015-9-12
Use props
noticon75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14698 ft

United States

I'm now following this.  I am teetering between this and the Phantom 3 A or P.  I have a bit of experience with P3P and like it.  But I like bigger/better?  this thread really hasn't answered anything I didn't know.   Other than the supper techy codex ???  Heard the term before don't know what it is.   Performance wise which performs better?  Better video?  Easier to mod???  if possible?  I like the P3P but not sure I need the 4K capability.  As far as determining what I need?  HA I don't need one!  Just want a new hobby.  Not into it enough to build one yet nor know if I have the knowledge.  I know about DJI's customer service.  Smallish company big demand not enough staff.  Not a bad problem to have.  Frustrating to the customer but not a bad problem.
2015-9-13
Use props
mattd
lvl.3

Australia

Its our dollar that's gone bad... so the Inspire 1 cost in Australia is more. if you convert the proper USD price to AUD it will work out to the same. Plus you have to pay tax as well.
2015-9-13
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-9 16:14
That may depend upon your definition of "better".

For some, "better" may be cheaper. For others, i ...

What's better? You're right, it depends on your needs and the circumstances

I have an Inspire 1 that I use when I have the time and space to set up properly, and have a vehicle to cart it around (it's not something I want to carry on my back, not with 7 batteries and 2 remotes

I have a Phantom 3 Professional that I use for harsher environments and experimenting, and when I want to be able to deploy fast (e.g. when I'm out on a desert drive with over 10 cars and don't have the time to get the damn thing in and out of travel mode, and faff about with attaching a gimbal) and travel light

I've got a Lily and a Hexo+ on pre-order - These two would be great for travel, and I'm knowingly trading capability for portability. I'm still considering if I want to sell off the Hexo+ seeing that I don't want to go back to using a GoPro, and still haven't received my 360cam (note to self - stop buying stuff off Kickstarter!), but the Lily is likely to be a keeper since it's small, light and waterproof (great for boats!).

The upside to the Lily and Hexo+ is the fact that it runs off my phone or tracker, so I don't need a separate, bulky RC

So, depending on the circumstance, there should be a right tool for the job
2015-9-15
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

noticon75 Posted at 2015-9-14 05:04
I'm now following this.  I am teetering between this and the Phantom 3 A or P.  I have a bit of expe ...

If 4k isn't your thing, then the P3A should enough for your needs. I rarely shoot in 4k since my MBP struggles to playback and edit (even though I have 16GB on board and a 1GB SSD), but it's nice to have. 2.7k is workable and far more useful, and isn't offered on the Professional

Also, recent threads have surfaced about DJI running a reduced transmission bitrate on the Advanced (6mbps) vs 10mbps on the Professional. I'm still trying to get my head around the implications on range based on this difference
2015-9-15
Use props
CONTROL FREQ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3762346 ft
United States

Midi Posted at 2015-9-5 08:53
I would buy it now.

The inspire is so much better then the P3

i have a P3P and i love it but i'm thinking of buying the Inspire 1 because of the "stress cracks" issues the Phantoms are having.

if you could, please tell me why i should buy the Inspire because i'm really close to buying it very soon!  

thanks.
2015-9-16
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Greece

The inspire is larger and is so much better in windy situations, it is also faster which makes it easier to fly in wind.
With the waypoint system I place now,  you can fully concentrate on operating the camera once you programmed the flight path.

I call my inspire the "Air nail" because it will not be pushed around  in wind and storm as fast as the P2/3.
during this summer we did some shooting at the beach and were filming kite surfers, perfect situation for the Inspire.

Even with the X3 camera the I1 is a dream.
2015-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules