Problem with Maps saving to RC 2 Controller SD Storage
713 5 2023-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpottedDrone4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59567 ft
United States

I have added a 256GB SD card to my RC 2 controller and formated with controller.   I set the SD card as primary storage and Pictures and Videos are working fine downloading from aircraft.  However, when I download maps, it is using the default internal storage of the RC which has limited storage.  Has anyone been successful as to how you redirect the maps to the SD storage in the RC 2 vs. the built in storage?  My understanding is if an SD card is installed, all data will go there as primary, which again pictures and videos are doing that, but the maps continue to go to the internal storage vs. the install SD card.  I have seen videos online showing 64GB or more of storage when downloading maps.  I am stuck at about 17GB based on available internal storage.
2023-10-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, SpottedDrone4. Thank you for reaching out. When using the DJI RC 2, the offline maps are stored in the internal storage by default and cannot be stored on the microSD card even if it is set as primary storage. But we will take this as a suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team for evaluation. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-10-13
Use props
SpottedDrone4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59567 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-13 22:12
Hi, SpottedDrone4. Thank you for reaching out. When using the DJI RC 2, the offline maps are stored in the internal storage by default and cannot be stored on the microSD card even if it is set as primary storage. But we will take this as a suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team for evaluation. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you for the response
2023-10-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SpottedDrone4 Posted at 10-16 10:24
Thank you for the response

You're most welcome, SpottedDrone4. Have a safe flight always!
2023-10-19
Use props
fans071777a1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I cannot download a large enough map before flying. I have used DJI for years and I like to fly using a map for reference. This is something I cannot do with my DJI mini 4 pro. Unfortunately this will render the item completely useless to me. How can I I crease the download map are size from a tiny, really rather pointless rectangle?

2-12 11:02
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans071777a1 Posted at 2-12 11:02
I cannot download a large enough map before flying. I have used DJI for years and I like to fly using a map for reference. This is something I cannot do with my DJI mini 4 pro. Unfortunately this will render the item completely useless to me. How can I I crease the download map are size from a tiny, really rather pointless rectangle?

Hello, there. Sorry to hear about your feedback. The offline map of the DJI Fly app is calculated by the number of map tiles, instead of the map size.

The area for downloading overseas offline maps is limited to a certain extent. You need to zoom in and out of the specified frame selection range to download the map. If the frame selection range is larger, the map information that can be downloaded will be rougher; and if the frame selection range is smaller, the finer the map that can be downloaded. Rest assured that we've taken your feedback for future reference. Thank you for your support.
2-14 01:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules