RC 2 won't connect?
1459 8 2023-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CPdrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 563698 ft
United Kingdom

Just bought an RC 2 for my Air 3, but I can't get it to connect for anything... drone connects fine to my RC-N2, but I can connect it to the new controller.

I've tried unbinding from the N2 (maybe I'm not doing that right?)... it still connects to that just fine when it starts up.

But when I try manual pair with the RC 2 (4 second hold on the button on the drone, then pairing mode on the controller), no luck.

Any tips?
2023-10-12
Use props
CPdrone
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Did that post?
2023-10-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. When you are trying to connect your DJI RC 2 to your aircraft, please make sure that the DJI RC-N2 is turned off and try again to see if the issue persists. If yes, please connect the DJI RC 2 and DJI Air 3 via DJI Assistant 2 software and please refresh the latest firmware then link again (with the DJI RC-N2 turned off) to see if the issue persists. You may check the link below for some tutorials for the DJI Air 3, click the "First Use Guidelines" to have the linking tutorial. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/global/air-3/video
2023-10-12
Use props
CPdrone
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Got it working. The controller needed a firmware update, then they connected.
2023-10-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

CPdrone Posted at 10-12 23:44
Got it working. The controller needed a firmware update, then they connected.

Awesome. I'm glad it was already fixed. Updating the firmware usually fixes the linking issue since the unit needs to catch up with the new features like compatibility with other devices after being stored. Please reach back if you have further concerns. Have a nice day.
2023-10-14
Use props
djiuser_Ab6eqdwGzodh
New

United Kingdom

Hi,
just had to replace my DJI Mini 4 PRO as i lost it.

My new Mini 4 Pro will not connect to my original RC2 remote.

There is no updates needing done.

Can someone help me with this please?
3-18 09:57
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Ab6eqdwGzodh Posted at 3-18 09:57
Hi,
just had to replace my DJI Mini 4 PRO as i lost it.

Hello there. I'm sorry about the trouble.  Can you please check the notes below and see if it will help?
1. Please check whether the aircraft and remote controller both are powered on.
2. Please check whether the aircraft has a microSD card. If yes, remove the microSD card and try linking again.
3. Please switch the linking method between “Linking with the app” and “Linking with combination buttons”.
Aircraft: Press and hold the Power button on the aircraft for four seconds to prepare to link.
DJI RC 2 : C1 + C2 + Record button
4. If it is invalid, check whether the remote controller has been updated to the latest version. Connect the remote controller to the app (make sure to connect Wifi or a hotspot when using RC with a built-in screen). After the connection is successful, check whether there is a prompt to update the firmware. If yes, update the firmware to the latest version and try linking again.
5. Please connect the aircraft to the computer, check the aircraft firmware version in the DJI Assistant 2, and try linking after updating and refreshing the aircraft’s firmware to the latest version.
Please keep us posted. Have a great day.
3-18 22:16
Use props
jangesle
New

United States

Hiya, I have had similar issues, but not quite the same: I could fly with my Mini 4 Pro last week without problem, This week, when travelling, the RC2 would simply not connect. When I start the drone, it does the LED blink, but very quickly goes to the fast yellow blinking state, indicating that it is not connected to the remote. I've updated both firmwares on the desktop app with a cable. I can connect to the drone with the quickTransfer mode from my phone. I've logged off my account and back on on the RC2. And I've tried to pair the remote to the drone many times. It just won't connect.  The gimbal is working, the startup of the propellers do the little intial twitch, and everythign seems fine. I'm at loss what else can I try.
4-4 10:52
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jangesle Posted at 4-4 10:52
Hiya, I have had similar issues, but not quite the same: I could fly with my Mini 4 Pro last week without problem, This week, when travelling, the RC2 would simply not connect. When I start the drone, it does the LED blink, but very quickly goes to the fast yellow blinking state, indicating that it is not connected to the remote. I've updated both firmwares on the desktop app with a cable. I can connect to the drone with the quickTransfer mode from my phone. I've logged off my account and back on on the RC2. And I've tried to pair the remote to the drone many times. It just won't connect.  The gimbal is working, the startup of the propellers do the little intial twitch, and everythign seems fine. I'm at loss what else can I try.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please try to link the aircraft and remote controller using the DJI Fly app. You may click the link below for the guide on how to properly link the aircraft to the controller. If the issue persists, please upload a short video showing the issue so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.

https://repair.dji.com/help/cont ... ;paperDocType=paper
4-4 22:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules