12Next >
3696 42 2015-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kurtg1
lvl.2
Belgium

Hi all,

I've been working in the video industry for many years.
By playing with different shutter speeds and off course decent video software, this is what i made with the Dji Phantom 3 pro.
No other camera's involved, must admit just lot's of post production....:-)
I must admit i worked an a Russian TV commercial for Chevrolet where the instal of a red epic camera was necessary by using a different drone, other than that nothing else then DJI

hope you like it,

Best regards
Kurt

2015-9-4
Use props
ryanbattey
lvl.2

United States

seems like you obviously know what you're doing looks awesome keep up the good work.
2015-9-4
Use props
DeDroneMeneer
lvl.1

Netherlands

Compliments!
2015-9-4
Use props
timmer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30502 ft
United States

Very nice!  I especially liked this:

2015-9-4
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

Very nice...were you running a "custom" on your white balance? If not...try running a little cooler K factor. I run around 5K. I find it running in auto it takes the camera a second to adjust. Just a thought...great video!
2015-9-4
Use props
Billshooter
lvl.1

United States

Great work Kurt!
2015-9-4
Use props
AlmostTan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118665 ft
United States

How did you achieve this with a P3? There are some shots where some good depth of field/bokeh is shown, as well as the water shots...
2015-9-4
Use props
Calvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

Very nice, I did however notice the cow walking backwards in the last scene. <smile>
So many great shots!
2015-9-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Awesome camera work. Thanks for sharing your tips .

Looking forward to becoming much more efficient with my video captures and post work.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-4
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

see, its not the tool but the tool user! liked it. thx
2015-9-4
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

AlmostTan Posted at 2015-9-4 19:48
How did you achieve this with a P3? There are some shots where some good depth of field/bokeh is sho ...

Impossible that all was shot with the Phantom 3. Personally I immediately recognize the parts that are shot with the Phantom. These are not exceptionally good.  The other shots where stock or taken with professional equipment.
2015-9-4
Use props
kurtg1
lvl.2
Belgium

timmer Posted at 2015-9-4 17:02

Thx man, just a screengrab from a shot where my kids were with me :-)
2015-9-4
Use props
kurtg1
lvl.2
Belgium

timmer Posted at 2015-9-4 17:02

Thx man, just a screengrab from a shot where my kids were with me :-)
2015-9-4
Use props
kurtg1
lvl.2
Belgium

giant Posted at 2015-9-4 20:48
Impossible that all was shot with the Phantom 3. Personally I immediately recognize the parts that ...

Bad to hear that Giant, like i said i did a lot in postproduction/ video editing
2015-9-4
Use props
kurtg1
lvl.2
Belgium

kurtg1 Posted at 2015-9-5 09:25
Bad to hear that Giant, like i said i did a lot in postproduction/ video editing
The focus on some elements (blur was all done in post.

i can even shown you a different part I've made for real estate

i can show you hundred of examples if you like, i don't know with whom i'm dealing with are you a pro/ beginner....?

Here is anothother example of my showcase of motion/3D genereated Gfx produced in 2004.

2015-9-4
Use props
kurtg1
lvl.2
Belgium

Sling Shot Posted at 2015-9-4 17:18
Very nice...were you running a "custom" on your white balance? If not...try running a little cooler  ...

Notice taken will try out the next time i fly, mostly on daily basis...:-)! thanks for the feedback !
2015-9-4
Use props
kurtg1
lvl.2
Belgium

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-4 20:06
Awesome camera work. Thanks for sharing your tips .

Looking forward to becoming much more efficient ...

thanks Redhotpoker for the nice words, appreciate it, took about 15 years of studying and trial en error
2015-9-4
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Netherlands

kurtg1 Posted at 2015-9-5 09:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dta ...

Hi Kurt, no offence. But the Phantom 3 camera has no options to play with d.o.f. You have several parts in your clip that are not shot with the Phantom 3 camera because they show soft backgrounds and some parts are obviously shot with a different focal length than the 20mm fix focus of the Phantom. I don't doubt that you made all this yourself, but not with only the Phantom 3 and post production. Yes, I like to consider myself a pro, not specific quadcopters but as a multimedia producer.
2015-9-5
Use props
kurtg1
lvl.2
Belgium

AlmostTan Posted at 2015-9-4 19:48
How did you achieve this with a P3? There are some shots where some good depth of field/bokeh is sho ...

Post production with After Effects
2015-9-5
Use props
kurtg1
lvl.2
Belgium

giant Posted at 2015-9-5 13:41
Hi Kurt, no offence. But the Phantom 3 camera has no options to play with d.o.f. You have several  ...

I did all effects in After Effects from Adobe
2015-9-5
Use props
kurtg1
lvl.2
Belgium

Another real I made for real
http://youtu.be/asirdIdvsuoestate
2015-9-5
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

Calvette Posted at 2015-9-4 12:57
Very nice, I did however notice the cow walking backwards in the last scene.
So many great shots!

The cow was doing the moonwalk.....
2015-9-5
Use props
kurtg1
lvl.2
Belgium

CaveDrone Posted at 2015-9-5 14:24
The cow was doing the moonwalk.....

Nice viewed, placed video in reverse
2015-9-5
Use props
Teraphim
lvl.1

Ukraine

No offence, but people working in video production know that easier to make shot with shallow depth of field or something like this with appropriate tool (like mark III etc), then using phantom and then spending few hours in post.
So i assume that 1. You are not working in "video industry for many years" if you are doing things like this OR 2. You didn't made all this with phantom camera.
Choose what you like
2015-9-5
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Netherlands

kurtg1 Posted at 2015-9-5 14:15
I did all effects in After Effects from Adobe

I think it might be possible to let the phantom 3 act as a DSLR with appropriate glass by spending a lot of work in Adobe After Effects. To do this in a way that I wouldn't notice costs you even more time. So why on earth would you make such an effort?
2015-9-5
Use props
QaaUz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240161 ft
Denmark

kurtg1 Posted at 2015-9-5 14:19
Another real I made for real
http://youtu.be/asirdIdvsuoestate

You plan you scenes well - angles of approach and thoughtful transitioning. Combining still shots and vid in the production process? Very different qualitys. The cow walked backwards - not that they can't but did you reverse the footage in production.
This to which the reply is stuck, gave a dynamic impression of the environment and the outer buildings. The threads subject vid is also crisp and clear, both in visual and in content presentation.
A major issue here in regard to genuine footage analysis is the lack of 4k monitoring.
In ieder geval, daar je waarscheinlijk ook Nederlands beheersen, goed gemaakt - ja, denk ik.
2015-9-5
Use props
QaaUz
lvl.2
Denmark

giant Posted at 2015-9-5 18:43
I think it might be possible to let the phantom 3 act as a DSLR with appropriate glass by spending ...

My feeling is, that he does spend a pile of time in editing and processing.
To press, I'm not wildly enthused by the camera and its limits/my no 4kmon limits to balance the assesment.
I take it at face value, because our use of it is our experience which is continually evolving. So there is no issue to use valuable life in the dissection of yes no p3p only or no. As U say, spend 'nuf time...
Safe + constructive and enjoyable flight 2all.
2015-9-5
Use props
kurtg1
lvl.2
Belgium

QaaUz Posted at 2015-9-5 19:43
My feeling is, that he does spend a pile of time in editing and processing.
To press, I'm not wil ...

Thx Qaauz,
For Some projects That only last for about 2.5 minutes i can easely spend 3 days only by doying lot's of post production.
As an example, when i "fake" a depth of field, drawing masks and using overlays can take sometimes à couple of Hours depending weather or not video is moving' then motion tracking is also involved.
2015-9-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Great job! Very professional!
2015-9-5
Use props
Stealth...
lvl.2

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Great job. Give the cow a Phantom 3 and it will do the compass-dance for you.;)
2015-9-6
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Netherlands

kurtg1 Posted at 2015-9-6 09:28
Thx Qaauz,
For Some projects That only last for about 2.5 minutes i can easely spend 3 days only b ...

I always mow my lawn  with a pair of nail scissors. I always take unsharp photos to be able to reconstruct them in Photoshop. I never do copy paste when I'm texting, I always type the whole thing again. It was a nice discussion, thank you very much.
2015-9-6
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.3

New Zealand

Excellent work Kurt...

The only thing I noticed that I thought was odd was the jerky pan movments around 1:26..  Odd to include them when you've cut everything else so well..  Or maybe it's just me who doesn't like them?  :-)  

Either way, great work, thanks for sharing!
2015-9-6
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Very nice! The cows and horses were heavily overexposed though
2015-9-6
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice job Kurt.
2015-9-6
Use props
Bobcat90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2517654 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

kurtg1 Posted at 2015-9-5 15:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dta ...

What is the music playing in the background with the video that has -- Immo Nobels - at  the top left hand corner.  The music is fantastic.   Please give  the name of it. Thanks
2015-9-6
Use props
Bittsandbobs
lvl.2

Croatia

Great video!  Amazing what can be done.
I have a lot to learn....
2015-9-6
Use props
QaaUz
lvl.2
Denmark

kurtg1 Posted at 2015-9-6 09:28
Thx Qaauz,
For Some projects That only last for about 2.5 minutes i can easely spend 3 days only b ...

Haha - I figured you 'bust yr butt' (were intensively preoccupied) with production. Results you get make for a fine presentation of the subject material.
You 'owe' yourself a rig that has a camera you can control live! Anyway, better - is likely a two person occupation.
Regards
2015-9-6
Use props
barleydave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80810 ft
United Kingdom

Great work Kurt, great control over the phantom for many of these shots.  I think I stopped breathing when I saw how close you got to the windmill blades near the end - I guess you were close enough to see physically where and how close you got.   I also quite like the 'spiral ascent' move above some of the buildings, might have to try this ;-)
2015-9-11
Use props
kurtg1
lvl.2
Belgium

Bobcat90 Posted at 2015-9-6 16:56
What is the music playing in the background with the video that has -- Immo Nobels - at  the top l ...

I composed it myself, i have some experience with music production
2015-10-5
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

So is that you with your two children at 0:58 and 1:57 standing in  front of a farm fields?   Subliminal.
2015-10-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules