Rth Discharge Battery not option ti follow The remote control
484 10 2023-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbe48dddc
lvl.1
Italy

There is no option to make the drone follow the GPS of the radio control.
When making videos on cars or boats or other vehicles, since the operator is positioned with the radio control on the vehicle, it happens that after traveling a few kilometers the app. notices that the home point is far away and evaluates, by calculating the percentage of battery remaining, whether it is time to return to the home point via rth, while instead both the operator and the radio control are located a few meters from the drone. You can certainly cancel the RTH but it clearly loses the subject you are shooting to cancel and on top of everything the emergency warning remains which distracts the shooting. I then calmly tried to do a test by updating the home point on the radio control position but the point where the radio is at that moment is recorded, so if it continues to move the RTH will be done on the previously recorded point. We would need an option to make the drone follow the remote control as happens on the Phantom or Inspire or to be able to disable RTH to drain the battery.
2023-10-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-10-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's no big deal.
You just have to update the home point a few times during your flight to prevent the homepoint being too far away.
It won't matter whether you reset the homepoint to either the drone's current location or the controller's.
When you are getting near the end of your battery, just bring the drone back in.
2023-10-14
Use props
fansbe48dddc
lvl.1
Italy

Labroides Posted at 10-14 23:35
It's no big deal.
You just have to update the home point a few times during your flight to prevent the homepoint being too far away.
It won't matter whether you reset the homepoint to either the drone's current location or the controller's.

You didn’t read well: “ You can certainly cancel the RTH but it clearly loses the subject you are shooting to cancel and on top of everything the emergency warning remains which distracts the shooting” same thing if you have to continuously update the home point….
2023-10-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"I then calmly tried to do a test by updating the home point on the radio control position but the point where the radio is at that moment is recorded, so if it continues to move the RTH will be done on the previously recorded point."
Did you have location services switched on on the screen device?
I am fairly sure I have switched the home point to the controller's location using the fly app but that's when using a phone as the screen device.
2023-10-15
Use props
fansbe48dddc
lvl.1
Italy

Yes the geoposition in the RC 2 is set on, I had already written in the original post, dji should make available the option that allows the drone to follow the gps of the remote control as I think it happens using follow me, but I never tried because the video footage would never be like those made by hand
2023-10-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fansbe48dddc Posted at 10-14 23:41
You didn’t read well: “ You can certainly cancel the RTH but it clearly loses the subject you are shooting to cancel and on top of everything the emergency warning remains which distracts the shooting” same thing if you have to continuously update the home point….

There's nothing wrong with my reading, but I cannot say trhe same for you.
I said nothing at all about cancelling any RTH.

Go back and read what I wrote, but take a little more time.
2023-10-15
Use props
fansbe48dddc
lvl.1
Italy

well the concept we understood it, would need an option to follow the radio command or be able to cancel rth, the controversy I leave them to the rest of the planet
2023-10-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fansbe48dddc Posted at 10-15 02:09
well the concept we understood it, would need an option to follow the radio command or be able to cancel rth, the controversy I leave them to the rest of the planet

I told you how to prevent RTH initiating so you don't have that problem.
2023-10-15
Use props
fansbe48dddc
lvl.1
Italy

Labroides Posted at 10-15 02:56
I told you how to prevent RTH initiating so you don't have that problem.

I think you can not read, we know that you can update several times the home point on remote control, but as I said several times, If you are shooting at a boat with a speed of 15m/sec in sport mode and you are making a professional video 5 meters from the same maybe in reverse, it becomes difficult to update at the same time at the home point without losing the shot. Your speech is fine if you take a boat from a distance for hobby. but it is not a discussion against you but an observation for the dji to implement the functions. thanks anyway for your contribution
2023-10-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fansbe48dddc Posted at 10-15 03:21
I think you can not read, we know that you can update several times the home point on remote control, but as I said several times, If you are shooting at a boat with a speed of 15m/sec in sport mode and you are making a professional video 5 meters from the same maybe in reverse, it becomes difficult to update at the same time at the home point without losing the shot. Your speech is fine if you take a boat from a distance for hobby. but it is not a discussion against you but an observation for the dji to implement the functions. thanks anyway for your contribution
I think you can not read
You are wrong there.

DJI aren't going to give you what you want.
What I suggested works well for me when working on boats.
I won't waste any more of my time on your thread.

2023-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules