Pan1

Pan1
2023-10-14
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

what format did you shoot them in? JPG or JPG +Raw? If you shoot them in JPG + Raw, it won't stitch them good.
2023-10-14
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Potato mini Posted at 10-14 11:14
what format did you shoot them in? JPG or JPG +Raw? If you shoot them in JPG + Raw, it won't stitch them good.

Hi Potato mini,

The shots were in JPEG+RAW.
I'll try again.
Thanks for the tip
2023-10-14
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

SnowSkier Pilot Posted at 10-14 13:07
Hi Potato mini,

The shots were in JPEG+RAW.

no problem. let us know what happens
2023-10-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Please try the following troubleshooting steps and see if the issue persists:

1. Please avoid capturing when there is strong wind. When taking a panoramic shot, keep the aircraft still. Please try capturing in an environment that is not windy and check if the stitching is still abnormal.
2. Please stand as far away from the capturing target as possible. It is recommended to capture a target from 50 m away and then view the stitching effect.
3. Try capturing in an environment without wind after gimbal calibration and IMU calibration.
4. Try formatting the microSD card or using another microSD card. Before formatting the microSD card, please backup the data on it.
5. Try using a mobile device to capture.
6. Refresh the firmware and try capturing again.
2023-10-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It has nothing to do with jpg or dng file format.
It's all about your choice of subject.

Stitching software needs to be able to identify several matching points on each pair of adjacent images to be able to stitch properly.
Your subject with water below the horizon and featureless sky above is too hard for DJI's (very basic) stitching software, because there aren't enough identifiable points for the software to match up.
2023-10-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-14 19:33
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Please try the following troubleshooting steps and see if the issue persists:

1. Please avoid capturing when there is strong wind. When taking a panoramic shot, keep the aircraft still. Please try capturing in an environment that is not windy and check if the stitching is still abnormal.

None of those suggestions would make any difference in the OP's situation.
Whoever wrote that answer knows nothing at all about panorama issues.

2023-10-14
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132667 ft

United Kingdom

I find that the onboard stitching isn't great. I much prefer to stitch post shoot using software on my PC.
I use PTGui Pro, but there are others available. Hugin is a nice Opensource one.
You will need the individual photos to stitch, which you will have if you shoot Jpeg + RAW. It keeps the RAW files on the card.
Though I find the RAW files have a vignette which can cause artefacts in the stitched image.
So far I have had the best results by shooting the photos manually in Jpeg with AEB and stitching those. But the manual shooting is slow and labourious.
2023-10-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Labroides Posted at 10-14 23:40
None of those suggestions would make any difference in the OP's situation.
Whoever wrote that answer knows nothing at all about panorama issues.

Hi, Labroides. Thank you for your response. These were suggestions based on the issue that the customer is having with the panorama. Feel free to contact us if you have any inquiries. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Wish you have a great day ahead!
2023-10-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-17 04:46
Hi, Labroides. Thank you for your response. These were suggestions based on the issue that the customer is having with the panorama. Feel free to contact us if you have any inquiries. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Wish you have a great day ahead!

Whoever wrote those suggestions has no idea what they are talking about.
None of them would do anything to solve the OP's issue.

I explained the issue to the OP in post #6.
Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules