1005 6 2023-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kckWCyBAQAUu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 261325 ft

United Kingdom

Hello

My 14 day mini 4 pro just drowned at sea (technicaly a river, as corrected by a forum member).  It was on over 60% battery and gave battery warning to return home, this was done and then battery started draining super fast, it then complained and attempted an energency landing in the sea, it cancelled that as was unsuitable and told me to rescue it, but battery was depleting super fast and it was impossible to get to shore quick anough.  The river thames now holds my drone that cannot be recovered.

I am claiming on the flyaway cover and its been agreed but i am shocked how the software has failed and just left the drone stranded at sea, should it not be thinking, lets not try crossing the river if it cannot get over it ?.

It had such a large percentage of battery left also and it just plumeted so fast.

I will have to pay the £220 but i am now scared to trust it.

Perhaps its just my luck but thought i would see others expectations.

Thank you
2023-10-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, sorry to hear about the incident. We understand your concern and may I know your case number? We will help you to further confirm with our relevant team, thanks.
2023-10-15
Use props
djiuser_kckWCyBAQAUu
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 10-15 06:32
Hi there, sorry to hear about the incident. We understand your concern and may I know your case number? We will help you to further confirm with our relevant team, thanks.
2023-10-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_kckWCyBAQAUu Posted at 10-15 06:36
DJI Mini 4 pro Flyaway//CAS-14524461-R6X9Z2

Thank you for sharing. We will forward to relevant team and check first. Thanks.
2023-10-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Post the flight log, as has been suggested in your other thread.
Questions, how far away was it when the battery reached 60%?
At what percentage did it go for a swim?
What was the direction and strength of the prevailing wind?
How can it be "lost at sea" yet now in the owner ship of the Thames "The river thames now holds my drone that cannot be recovered."?

"....... but i am shocked how the software has failed and just left the drone stranded at sea, should it not be thinking, lets not try crossing the river if it cannot get over it ?". In order to prevent you from flying somewhere the drone would need to know where you intended to fly it. Outside of a way points flight how could the drone know where you intended it to go?
2023-10-15
Use props
djiuser_kckWCyBAQAUu
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Please feel free to delete this post as i noticed their was a better place for it i.e https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=299583 and posted their, i thank everyone for your help.
2023-10-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_kckWCyBAQAUu Posted at 10-15 06:36
DJI Mini 4 pro Flyaway//CAS-14524461-R6X9Z2

Hi there, our engineer team received and now is handling on your case to check on the accident cause.

Once analysis result comes out, you will receive email updates from our data analysis team. Please pay attention to the e-mail afterwards. If you have any further question, please feel free to let us know. Thanks.
2023-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules