iPhone 15 Pro Max Use With Mavic Pro Controller
10002 28 2023-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Red Dog Leader
lvl.1
United States

Have older Mavic Pro + Controller and success with iPhone 12. Upgraded to iPhone 15 Pro Max and it uses a USB-C connection. Old cable I have is a lighening end. Is there a new cable for USB-C to Controller, and will it work with the new phone?
2023-10-15
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

It kills me how some iPhone people think that USB C on a phone is some new groundbreaking tech. Androids have had this for over 7 years now, Apple was the last one to finally join the rest of the world. So no there isn't a "new" cable. Androids already had USB C onboard before your OG Mavic Pro was even released.
2023-10-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there, Red Dog Leader. Thank you for reaching out. The adapter cable provided by the Mavic Pro can be used for a Lightning connector, Micro USB standard connector, and USB Type-C. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-10-16
Use props
djiuser_MKMNBaJIxeBZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 287218 ft
United States

I tried using a USB-C with my iPhone 15 and it just ... doesn't work. Messaged DJI and they said they're currently working on a fix. Really a bummer.
2023-10-19
Use props
slcp21424
New

United States

djiuser_MKMNBaJIxeBZ Posted at 10-19 19:24
I tried using a USB-C with my iPhone 15 and it just ... doesn't work. Messaged DJI and they said they're currently working on a fix. Really a bummer.

Did DJI provide any timeline for the fix?  Currently grounded as I've got the same issue.
2023-10-27
Use props
HighTechGuru
lvl.1

United States

Confirmed that with iPhone 15 using usb-c connection to the remote controller, it doesn't work. Using iPhone 14 with lightening connector works fine with same controller.
2023-11-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

HighTechGuru Posted at 11-4 09:10
Confirmed that with iPhone 15 using usb-c connection to the remote controller, it doesn't work. Using iPhone 14 with lightening connector works fine with same controller.

Hi there. Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. It is recommended that you download and install the app to test the basic functions, or go to a nearby outlet (if any) for product testing. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2023-11-5
Use props
emotiondesigner
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-5 17:01
Hi there. Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. It is recommended that you download and install the app to test the basic functions, or go to a nearby outlet (if any) for product testing. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I am running the latest version of the app and I still get the same error that the device is using too much power. Im grounded and wondering when there will be a fix or work around so i can fly again. Can I sign up for an update on a solve for this issue somewhere? I had some projects to film and was hoping to be back in the air as soon as possible. I attached a screenshot showing the "Cannot Use Accessory The Accessory uses too much power" Error message.
IMG_3021.PNG
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

emotiondesigner Posted at 11-6 20:47
I am running the latest version of the app and I still get the same error that the device is using too much power. Im grounded and wondering when there will be a fix or work around so i can fly again. Can I sign up for an update on a solve for this issue somewhere? I had some projects to film and was hoping to be back in the air as soon as possible. I attached a screenshot showing the "Cannot Use Accessory The Accessory uses too much power" Error message.

Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific DJI product are you using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-11-9
Use props
John T-M
New

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-9 03:51
Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific DJI product are you using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I also got this message with my Mavic Zoom. I have also tried my iPhone 15 Pro with a Mavic Pro, and Mavic Mini with no success. It looks like the drones see my phone as a power bank. I have downloaded the latest versions of the Apps.
2023-11-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

John T-M Posted at 11-11 03:53
I also got this message with my Mavic Zoom. I have also tried my iPhone 15 Pro with a Mavic Pro, and Mavic Mini with no success. It looks like the drones see my phone as a power bank. I have downloaded the latest versions of the Apps.

Hello. It has been confirmed that your mobile device iPhone 15 Pro is not currently compatible with the DJI Go 4 app. It can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. Since there are many device models awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. If you have an urgent flight mission, it is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website in order to avoid a flight mission failure. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-11-13
Use props
emotiondesigner
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-9 03:51

I am using a mavic pro with iphone 15 pro. It doesn't work with the new iphone. There needs to be an update to allow the mavic pro to work with the new iphones
2023-11-15
Use props
emotiondesigner
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-13 04:31
Hello. It has been confirmed that your mobile device iPhone 15 Pro is not currently compatible with the DJI Go 4 app. It can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. Since there are many device models awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. If you have an urgent flight mission, it is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website in order to avoid a flight mission failure. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

are there plans for an update that will make them compatible with the new phones?
2023-11-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

emotiondesigner Posted at 11-15 00:40
I am using a mavic pro with iphone 15 pro. It doesn't work with the new iphone. There needs to be an update to allow the mavic pro to work with the new iphones

Hi there. Please refer to my response above. Please understand that since there are many device models awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. We highly recommend using a mobile device that is listed on our website to avoid issues. Thank you for your understanding.  

2023-11-16
Use props
Drone_OSA
New

Canada

I have the same issue here. I write on this thread so I get an update when the update is done. Tks
2023-11-19
Use props
djiuser_PwWu1firnanh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22969 ft
United States

Does anyone have any updates on a fix for this? I was hoping the app would update with a fix, but it's been over a month now.
2023-11-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is a work around, it's not a fix but......

See post #27 in https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D915%26typeid%3D915

if that link does not work the thread's title is "iPhone 15 "RC Disconnected" during flight" in the mini series forum.
2023-11-21
Use props
fansddaf68e9
lvl.1

Belgium

Is there a timeframe already?
2023-12-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansddaf68e9 Posted at 12-2 21:48
Is there a timeframe already?

Hello, there. May we confirm the model of your aircraft? Please know that new devices for Android or iOS may or may not work as the app hasn't been tested for compatibility matter. Nonetheless, rest assured that we're continuously communicating with our relevant team regarding this matter. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-3
Use props
fans2dc070d6
lvl.1

United States

Is there any way to get an update on this? debating whether I should just sell my mavic pro altogether because it currently can't fly
2023-12-7
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans2dc070d6 Posted at 12-7 13:32
Is there any way to get an update on this? debating whether I should just sell my mavic pro altogether because it currently can't fly

For less than $100 you can get many different type of Android devices that are powerful enough to run DJI Fly or GO smoothly.
2023-12-7
Use props
Mgtyquin
New

United States

Where do I get a cord for the 15 promax
2023-12-26
Use props
luiscabus
New

Brazil

Come on, DJI, you need to make it work...
2023-12-26
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

emotiondesigner Posted at 11-6 20:47
I am running the latest version of the app and I still get the same error that the device is using too much power. Im grounded and wondering when there will be a fix or work around so i can fly again. Can I sign up for an update on a solve for this issue somewhere? I had some projects to film and was hoping to be back in the air as soon as possible. I attached a screenshot showing the "Cannot Use Accessory The Accessory uses too much power" Error message.

Isn't there an option you can select that says to NOT charge accessory items?
2023-12-26
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

Mgtyquin Posted at 12-26 12:28
Where do I get a cord for the 15 promax

Any USB-C to USB-C DATA cable should work. Many cables are only charging cables and some older USB-C data cables don't have the bandwidth. If in doubt purchase a new one that specifically says it can support 4K video.
2023-12-26
Use props
MiGeoPhoto3188
lvl.1
Flight distance : 287218 ft
United States

slcp21424 Posted at 2023-10-27 04:56
Did DJI provide any timeline for the fix?  Currently grounded as I've got the same issue.

I FINALLY found a solution to this problem! If you use a USB-A to USB-C it works just fine. I didn't even realize there was a USB-A input on the bottom of the controller since I've always used the Micro USB port on the side to connect my phone. Hope this helps! I'm using an iPhone 15 Pro Max btw
1-5 11:33
Use props
djiuser_h6VD488KSbns
New
Flight distance : 100512 ft
Australia

Hi there. I am using my iPhone 15 pro with the supplied cable for the controller charger. USB A into the bottom of the controller and USB C in the phone. It works fine on the Mavic Air.
1-10 00:34
Use props
dnash001gmail.com
New

United States

“There are many types of devices … we have to test them all”  ….

It’s the iPhone 15   Literally the standard barer in smart phones – the one phone that out sells everything else. Wouldn’t you prioritize that device over all others to make sure that the vast number of DGI users who have an iPhone can continue using your products?

I say this, because I bought a couple Chinese knock off drones recently (TEMU) that run just fine off of the iPhone 15.   

Why is DGI tech support for a $2,000 drone less advanced than a $48 Chinese knock off?

Mavic 2 Pro + RC1A
1-15 15:17
Use props
benjaminfpv
lvl.1

Switzerland

Mine works fine with iPhone 15 pro max but I have to attach a usb in the bottom of the DJI remote to a usb c in my iPhone. Note not all cables work so you have to check which ones it accepts. This is the same if you try to charge your iPhone 15 pro max not all cables work as chargers so the ones that do work should work with the DJI drones.
2-5 05:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules