Mavic 3 PRO HDR photo of SUN
1392 30 2023-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRONMOVIE
lvl.2
Czechia

Hi,

I did have Mavic 3 and I like HDR photo. Special sunrise and sunsets. I did set on Mavic 3 F11 and make 5 photos of sunrise for HDR. After postproduction sun is very nice "star". I think the sun has a nice beams.
Look...
DJI_0068-HDR.jpeg

But now I have a M3PRO and I want to make same photo, but M3PRO does not nice star.

DJI_20231015072706_0034_D-HDR.jpg

I do not have any filters. Is there any SW problem or HW?

Thanks.
2023-10-16
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
Canada

The "Star" is caused by the F stop you're using. The smaller the aperture/high number to greater the result.
On the lower photo, some of the rays have blended into the sky. But the top photo shows them more clearly, due to more contrast between the rays and the sky.
2023-10-16
Use props
DRONMOVIE
lvl.2
Czechia

Both of photos using F11 aperture. Maximum Mavic 3 PRO. I know, that lower photo is a little different. But I have another photo, where contrast is good and problem is the same. Mavic 3 does not have problem with similar photo as lower photo.

2023-10-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for clarification. We appreciate your patience.
2023-10-16
Use props
DRONMOVIE
lvl.2
Czechia

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-16 23:31
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for clarification. We appreciate your patience.

Thank you very much.
2023-10-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

DRONMOVIE Posted at 10-17 02:46
Thank you very much.

You are most welcome. Thank you for your patience.
2023-10-18
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DRONMOVIE Posted at 10-16 08:59
Both of photos using F11 aperture. Maximum Mavic 3 PRO. I know, that lower photo is a little different. But I have another photo, where contrast is good and problem is the same. Mavic 3 does not have problem with similar photo as lower photo.

[view_image]

Hi DronMovie,

Are you using AEB (auto exposure bracketing) for these? Also are you using the same AEB number
of exposure steps? I mean are you using 2,3 or 5 steps maybe. Also not 100% sure, but I think your
starting exposure matter. I suspect you are using pro camera settings, you may want to compare
what ISO and shutter speed you use on M3 vs M3Pro. But then again, it's a different place you are
photographing , maybe the starting exposure should be different. I know more about videography than photography, but I do AEB photos a bit as well. Also what could help is using an ND filter. Ideally you can try photographing exactly the same spot with M3 and M3Pro and then comparing the end result Hope this helps.

Take care, Mike.
P.S. Also the height of the drone and the angle at which you are pointing it matter I think.
2023-10-19
Use props
DRONMOVIE
lvl.2
Czechia

Mzp Posted at 10-19 10:14
Hi DronMovie,

Are you using AEB (auto exposure bracketing) for these? Also are you using the same AEB number

Thank you for your response.

I using PRO settings. I set manually shutter during the photo. For example - I have ISO 100, F11 and shutter I set for first photo 1/500 and than 1/200, 1/100, 1/50... I also do make five photos by EV -2, -1, 0, 1 and 2.
My mirrorless will do nice photo and doesn't matter angle. I didn't deal with it, never. Now I do not have M3, I sell M3 and buy M3PRO.

I think, the problem will be different. Software or hardware with aperture. But it's really interesting. :-D
An ND filter maybe help. The Mavic 3 did make this photos without ND filter.
2023-10-19
Use props
fans21f46d12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129514 ft
United States

I've had a similar experience, in that the Mavic 3 Pro does not produce as good an an effect as my Mavic 2.  Disappointed with M3P
2023-10-21
Use props
DRONMOVIE
lvl.2
Czechia

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-16 23:31

Hi, have you any idea, what is the problem? There is problem with all Mavic 3 PRO or only my?
2023-10-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

DRONMOVIE Posted at 10-29 10:17
Hi, have you any idea, what is the problem? There is problem with all Mavic 3 PRO or only my?

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. A glare is an aberration caused by the error deflection of light due to some non-ideal factors when a lens transmits images. A camera lens is composed of a number of different individual glass lenses mounted together as a group, which are referred to as lens elements. When bright light passes through a camera lens, part of the light will be reflected by the surfaces of these lens elements. This internal reflection can cause ghost-like blobs of light to appear in the resulting image. Thus, glare is caused by the diffusion and reflection of light that occurs inside the lens. A camera lens will be coated with a very thin film on each lens unit to reduce the reflectivity on these surfaces. Film coating can reduce the glare but not fully eliminate it. Glare will happen when the lens faces bright light sources like the sun or high-power bulbs.

Common ways to avoid camera lens glare:

1. Use a lens hood: If bright light is just on the side of the affected area, a lens hood can effectively eliminate the glare. However, the lens hood will not work if the bright light is located solely at the front.
2. Adjust the lens orientation: Find a shooting direction that can eliminate the glare. In many cases, the glare at some points can be eliminated by a slight deviation of the light source direction.
3. Block the light source: Block the light source direction with a hand, cap, or paperboard at a position at the front of the lens. In addition, ensure that the blocking object is high enough, which is equivalent to an extended lens hood.

For aircraft, try the steps below:

1. Use a microfiber cloth (such as glasses cloth) to wipe the lens (rough wiping may damage the coating film).
2. Adjust the shooting angle, and avoid facing towards strong light sources.
3. Add an ND filter.
2023-10-31
Use props
DRONMOVIE
lvl.2
Czechia

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-31 03:06
Hi there. Sorry for the late response. A glare is an aberration caused by the error deflection of light due to some non-ideal factors when a lens transmits images. A camera lens is composed of a number of different individual glass lenses mounted together as a group, which are referred to as lens elements. When bright light passes through a camera lens, part of the light will be reflected by the surfaces of these lens elements. This internal reflection can cause ghost-like blobs of light to appear in the resulting image. Thus, glare is caused by the diffusion and reflection of light that occurs inside the lens. A camera lens will be coated with a very thin film on each lens unit to reduce the reflectivity on these surfaces. Film coating can reduce the glare but not fully eliminate it. Glare will happen when the lens faces bright light sources like the sun or high-power bulbs.

Common ways to avoid camera lens glare:

Thank you for your very long response.  :-)

For first. Mavic 3 does not have problem with sun. Mirrorless too.

But I don't want blocking sun. I want a photo with sun, where sun is at the front of the lens. For nice effect as a mirrorless. So I think, that Mavic 3 PRO has a issue, I am right. :-)
2023-10-31
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DRONMOVIE Posted at 10-31 08:50

Do you regret having bought the Mavic3 Pro? If you were able to make a choice between the mavic3 and Mavic3 Pro once again, which one will you choose?
2023-10-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for your response. Did you check the front cover of the camera and the lens glass if it is dirty, if yes, please gently wipe it with a clean glasses cloth.
2023-11-2
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

I don't think the BOT Paladin is capable of understanding your question...

You may want to wait for another member here (human) to answer your question...
2023-11-2
Use props
DRONMOVIE
lvl.2
Czechia

Monkey007 Posted at 10-31 20:41
Do you regret having bought the Mavic3 Pro? If you were able to make a choice between the mavic3 and Mavic3 Pro once again, which one will you choose?

It does matter, what I want to do. For job, are 3 lenses very usefully. But for photographic of sun it is not good.
2023-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That worked quite well!
Was it the auto AEB function?
2023-12-4
Use props
DRONMOVIE
lvl.2
Czechia

Montfrooij Posted at 12-4 12:37
That worked quite well!
Was it the auto AEB function?

Manual, and then AEB. Do you have a photo?
2023-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DRONMOVIE Posted at 12-5 01:26
Manual, and then AEB. Do you have a photo?

Good to know.
Yeah, I use AEB all the time.
But so far, nothing worked on direct sun shots, apart from taking 2 AEB's with different exposure settings.
2023-12-5
Use props
DRONMOVIE
lvl.2
Czechia

Montfrooij Posted at 12-5 02:05
Good to know.
Yeah, I use AEB all the time.
But so far, nothing worked on direct sun shots, apart from taking 2 AEB's with different exposure settings.

Interesting. Do you can upload a photo and can you say me, what setting did you use?
2023-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DRONMOVIE Posted at 12-5 07:14
Interesting. Do you can upload a photo and can you say me, what setting did you use?

Any photo I make with a drone is AEB, but I don't have one now on hand.
2023-12-5
Use props
DRONMOVIE
lvl.2
Czechia

Montfrooij Posted at 12-5 08:15
Any photo I make with a drone is AEB, but I don't have one now on hand.

I see. I did think about the photo of AEB.
2023-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DRONMOVIE Posted at 12-5 08:21
I see. I did think about the photo of AEB.

This is an example
AEB-5 merged in Affinity Photo
2023-12-5
Use props
DRONMOVIE
lvl.2
Czechia

Montfrooij Posted at 12-5 08:37
This is an example
AEB-5 merged in Affinity Photo
[view_image]

Very interesting. Nice job. :-)

What is work with Affinity Photo? I have Affinity too, but I have a feel, that photo does not make good. Lightroom makes better photo. I use Lightroom, for better photo.
2023-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DRONMOVIE Posted at 12-5 09:31
Very interesting. Nice job. :-)

What is work with Affinity Photo? I have Affinity too, but I have a feel, that photo does not make good. Lightroom makes better photo. I use Lightroom, for better photo.

Affinity photo's HDR merge tool is much better than Lightroom if you ask me.
More controls and better results.
2023-12-5
Use props
DRONMOVIE
lvl.2
Czechia

Montfrooij Posted at 12-5 11:24
Affinity photo's HDR merge tool is much better than Lightroom if you ask me.
More controls and better results.

I see. Thank you.
2023-12-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

It's not as expensive as Photoshop, but does a lot of things right.
2023-12-6
Use props
DRONMOVIE
lvl.2
Czechia

Montfrooij Posted at 12-6 23:54
It's not as expensive as Photoshop, but does a lot of things right.

That's right. And i think that Affinity has a good future. :-)
2023-12-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DRONMOVIE Posted at 12-7 01:04
That's right. And i think that Affinity has a good future. :-)

I sure hope so. Just bought the new update
2023-12-7
Use props
Leon_
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

I think that the "starburst" effect it is depending of the type of the diaphragm.
In this case, Mavic 3, i think it has electronic one and Mavic 3 pro has a mechanical one.
So, a 5 leafs diaphragm will give 10 corners, and a 6 leafs will give 6 corners (symmetrical blades).
The form of the leafs can affect also straburst efect.
1-11 09:27
Use props
DRONMOVIE
lvl.2
Czechia

Leon_ Posted at 1-11 09:27
I think that the "starburst" effect it is depending of the type of the diaphragm.
In this case, Mavic 3, i think it has electronic one and Mavic 3 pro has a mechanical one.
So, a 5 leafs diaphragm will give 10 corners, and a 6 leafs will give 6 corners (symmetrical blades).

That's interesting. Thank you.

Do you think is different between electronic and mechanical diaphragm on the photo? I think does not matter. Still I will should see 6 corners starburts around the sun, right?
1-17 03:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules