DJI ND Filter Screw Issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lrich00
lvl.2

United States

I just received my DJI ND 8 filter for my P3A and I can't seem to screw it all the way in like the stock lens cover.  I have two of these and they are both the same.  Is this as far as they screw in?  

ND Filter

ND Filter

2015-9-4
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

no that is not normal, check the threads on camera and nd filters, make sure the o ring is all the way to the bottom of nd filter
2015-9-4
Use props
teksashorns
lvl.1

United States

The threads are very fine and can easily be stripped.  It took me several tries to get it started correctly.  If there is any resistance after the first 3-4 turns then it's not on the threads correctly.  Do not force it on.

2015-9-4
Use props
lrich00
lvl.2

United States

I can't for the life of me get this on correctly.  The clear cover goes on an off so smoothly.  Without any problems.  I have two of these filters and they are both the same..  Not sure what's wrong.
2015-9-4
Use props
EL SID
lvl.2

United States

Mine went on just fine.
I did take a lens cleaning cloth and cleaned the lens and threads prior to install.
2015-9-4
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

You have the filter cross threaded.
2015-9-6
Use props
lrich00
lvl.2

United States

Somehow this must be me.  I can't for the life of me get these filters on correctly.  The threads don't look stripped and the original UV filter goes on without any problems.  
2015-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules