627 7 2023-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_IbFkAk4DpREW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23615184 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone else have issues with their front LEDs not turning off?  I just received my 3E a few weeks back and am finally getting around to acceptance testing.  

So far it has been flying great, but I realized today I am unable to turn off the front arm LEDs.  So far I have tried discreet mode as well as the LED off while shooting setting in the camera menu.  Is this a know bug on the 3E?  I tired both those settings on my company’s Mavic 3T and they both worked as expected.

I had actually encountered another weird one with the front LEDs where they were alternating red and green while in flight.  I realized after referencing the manual that this is normal behavior.  However, when I flew again today they were solid green.  (Not sure why this changed?).

I’m hoping this is just a weird bug and not a problem with my individual unit.  I waited over a month from the order date to take delivery, I would hate to have to go through the process of sending it back for repair or replacement.  

2023-10-17
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13538875 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well I never realized this until I just tried it. You're right, my front 2 LEDs are solid green even in discrete mode. It has worked in the past I know. Leave it to DJI to break something that worked fine while ignoring the things that need fixed.
2023-10-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will confirm with our teams. May we know which firmware version of your aircraft?  
2023-10-17
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13538875 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-17 23:50
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will confirm with our teams. May we know which firmware version of your aircraft?

I'm not sure what version OP is on, but I'm on v07.01.20.01 and experiencing the same issue.
2023-10-18
Use props
djiuser_IbFkAk4DpREW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23615184 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am on version 07.01.2001.  Upon further investigation it appears to be an intermittent problem, one flight it will work the next it won’t.  Also, happy to see you commenting Johnnokomis, I’ve read a lot of your comments on here and you are fighting the good fight.  
2023-10-18
Use props
pspec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2570446 ft
Switzerland

Can it be that the EU C2 restriction is active everywhere, which prevents the enabling of the discrete mode?
Not only in the EU.
2023-10-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-18 06:25
I'm not sure what version OP is on, but I'm on v07.01.20.01 and experiencing the same issue.

Thank you. We will tell them.
2023-10-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We received the response from our engineers.
Normally, after the motors start, the LED on the head will blink red and green lights alternatively. Open the discreet mode will turn off the front-arm lights also.
We suggest:
1. Restart the device. Refresh the firmware versions and make sure they are the latest and test them again.
2. If the issue persists, switch off the discreet mode and then switch it on to try again.
3. Please upload the information and data we need for further analysis if the issue can not be resolved.
a. Flight controller logs, remote controller logs
b. The exact time and date when you take the test.
c. A video of the operation.
d. Screenshots of the firmware version.
2023-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules