firmware discrepancy between RC and Assistant 2
678 8 2023-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_FqKPC7pjrYC9
lvl.1

Germany

Hey there,

I'm having a small issue, not blocking yet unnerving.
When botting up the DJI RC and Mavic 3, the remote shows a "new firmware".
When I connect it to the DJI Assistant 2 (consumer), it says there in an incomaptible firmware availabel and if I want to update it.

If I update i end up with the exact same firmware version as before and the DJI RC remote still says I have a fimrware update available.

So I'm a bit puzzled.
What's the correct firware version ?
How could i get those messages which seem to refer to the same firmware version but with diffretn characteristics ?

Thanks in advance for you help !

Note : I'm located in EU

2023-10-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific firmware version are you trying to update on the DJI Assistant 2? Please provide us a screenshot showing the message on the DJI RC asking you to update the firmware so we can check it further. We will wait for your reply. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-10-18
Use props
djiuser_FqKPC7pjrYC9
lvl.1

Netherlands

Here are some pictures

other update message

other update message

version from RC

version from RC

update message

update message
2023-10-19
Use props
djiuser_FqKPC7pjrYC9
lvl.1

Netherlands

and the Assistant 2 window (no error message this time, ill do a grab next time i  have it as it's not the first time since 5 september)
Note that the drone flies, it's just very confusing
2023-10-19
Use props
djiuser_FqKPC7pjrYC9
lvl.1

Germany

oh I see now that its a new RC firmware
I'll come back to you after the RC update then
2023-10-19
Use props
djiuser_VqaUH68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1022300 ft
Australia

Do you have more than one Mavic 3 battery? It may be calling for a firmware update to each of the batteries if you are cycling them through and did not update all batteries at the last update.  
2023-10-20
Use props
djiuser_FqKPC7pjrYC9
lvl.1

Germany

Hey, thanks for that. Indeed I do and I read about it in the forums so I did plug each battery to see if they were the cause of the messages.

Doe that mean that for each drone firmware upgrade I need to upgrade the drone 3 times (1 for each battery) ?
That's a pretty "expensive" operation if just to upgrade battery firmwares. I'd expect something somewhat lighter.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on things and come back if the message pops back
2023-10-20
Use props
djiuser_VqaUH68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1022300 ft
Australia

djiuser_FqKPC7pjrYC9 Posted at 10-20 02:46
Hey, thanks for that. Indeed I do and I read about it in the forums so I did plug each battery to see if they were the cause of the messages.

Doe that mean that for each drone firmware upgrade I need to upgrade the drone 3 times (1 for each battery) ?

I suggest that for each FW update re-power the aircraft with each of the remaining batteries to check if they also take a FW update.
The batteries do not always require updating, if they do it is very quick compared to the main FW update.
I usually check each battery after the FW update to avoid getting a message when out flying.
The batteries did receive an update after the Mavic 3 Pro was released, and I assume this captured their cross-compatibility to all Mav3 models.
Hope this helps...
2023-10-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_FqKPC7pjrYC9 Posted at 10-20 02:46

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Once you insert the battery into the aircraft, power on the aircraft, and connect the aircraft to the DJI Fly app or DJI Assistant 2. If the battery version is not matched with the aircraft version, a prompt indicating that the firmware needs to be updated will be displayed. Then follow on-screen instructions to update the battery. Please note that the latest version of the DJI RC is v01.03.0600. If you still experience the same issue, please let us know. Thank you and have a good one!
2023-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules