491 7 2023-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dthawk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5493514 ft
  • >>>
United States

I nearly had a heart attack today. Thought I had lost my Mavic 2 Pro.  Here is my story. I bought a new Mavic 3 classic a few months ago and been using this drone now most of the time with the DJI FLY APP on my iPad mini 6.  
I decided to bring my M2P with me to work today. Launch drone. Havent flow my M2P for a couple of months. I was using my iPad mini 6 with the M2P RC.  I got it airborne and flew a few hundred feet away. Then all of a sudden my RC disconnects to my M2P drone. Thinking it was signal interference. It would reconnect shortly. It didnt. So it was panic at the disco. I was freaking out. Anyhow to make long story short and my panic details. My drone eventually flew back to the home position and started to auto land due to low battery. I finally unplugged the cable from the controller and it reconnected to the drone. Safe landing. Happy ending. Right?

I went to Troubleshooting the issue. I went to do several short nearby flights and my Mavic 2 controller would always disconnect from the drone around 30 to 40 seconds after launch. I then would unplug the cable and reconnect the cable to the RC, and the M2P drone and RC would reconnect. Then drop the connection again after another 30-40 seconds. However, when the RC got disconnected to the drone on my iPad mini 6. I could still fly the drone with the RC controller, and land perfectly with the lost connection to the iPad mini 6.

I then got out my iPad mini 5 and it only has the DJI Go App 4.0 installed. It would stay connected all the time to the RC and iPad and M2P drone. Did not lose connection ever.  I then used by iPhone 14 pro that has the DJI GO 4 app installed. It stayed connected. No issue.

Something tells me their is a issue with having both DJI APPS on my iPad mini 6. The DJI GO 4 app and DJI FLY app.  It was NOT a cable issue. I changed cables and same issue.

I have a video of this happening with my iPhone.  

2023-10-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Dthawk. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward this to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-10-21
Use props
Dthawk
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-21 07:21
Hi, Dthawk. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward this to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.

Here is another video today 10/21 of same issue.
2023-10-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thank you for this additional video, we will forward this one as well.
2023-10-22
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does your iPhone 14 Pro have DJI GO 4 and DJI Fly or just DJI GO 4 ??
2023-10-22
Use props
Dthawk
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Gelert Posted at 10-22 09:42
Does your iPhone 14 Pro have DJI GO 4 and DJI Fly or just DJI GO 4 ??

iPhone 14 Pro only has the GO 4 app installed. That's the one and only DJI App on my iPhone
2023-10-22
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dthawk Posted at 10-22 16:29
iPhone 14 Pro only has the GO 4 app installed. That's the one and only DJI App on my iPhone

Interesting. I have both DJI GO 4 and DJI Fly on my iPhone 14 Pro but haven't flown my Mavic 2 zoom lately. Will try and get a flight in today and report back - just for info
2023-10-22
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've flown my M2Zoom today - albeit a hover test - and have updated drone, controller & batteries to the latest versions with no loss of video signal. Used my iPhone 14 Pro with both GO 4 and Fly apps installed - also latest version - using iOS 17 on the phone.

Which connector are you using on the controller - the USB-A on the bottom or the micro USB connector on the left hand side of the controller. The micro USB always gives problems but since I changed to using the USB-A connector on the bottom of the controller I've never had a video connection problem.

One option to try would be to delete both the Fly and GO 4 apps and reinstall them - may make a difference. Worked for me with another brand of drone - just deleted the control app and reinstalled the same version and the multitude of problems I was having with disconnects just went away.

Another potential fix - put the iPad into airplane mode and the same goes for an iWatch if you're wearing one. Sometimes message signals to the iPad/Iphone can interfere with the drone signals.

Let us know how you get on - especially if you find a fix
2023-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules