Mimo stabilization fails at 4K60
796 13 2023-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans15c6fb85
lvl.4

United States

I just completed an extensive test of the Mimo app stabilization with my OM6.  It typically fails at 4K60, but not always.  Here's the video:

https://youtube.com/shorts/QrMy-vrekkI

My recommendation is to use the Apple Camera app for regular video, and use the Mimo app only for ActiveTrack.  Most of the OM6 functionality is usable with the exception of the focus/zoom thumbwheel.
2023-10-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Did you perform the gimbal calibration and see if the issue persists? You may also try to reinstall the DJI Mimo app to further isolate the issue. We will gather this feedback of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-22
Use props
fans15c6fb85
lvl.4

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-22 16:28
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Did you perform the gimbal calibration and see if the issue persists? You may also try to reinstall the DJI Mimo app to further isolate the issue. We will gather this feedback of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding.

Yes, the gimbal was freshly calibrated.  I think DJI is in denial over this limitation of the app.  There have been many reports of stabilization problems with the app, I simply conducted an experiment to isolate the problem to 4K60.  On my iPhone 14Pro, Mimo simply can't keep up with the data rate.
2023-10-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans15c6fb85 Posted at 10-23 04:03
Yes, the gimbal was freshly calibrated.  I think DJI is in denial over this limitation of the app.  There have been many reports of stabilization problems with the app, I simply conducted an experiment to isolate the problem to 4K60.  On my iPhone 14Pro, Mimo simply can't keep up with the data rate.

Thank you for your response. This will be forwarded to our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your patience.
2023-10-25
Use props
fans15c6fb85
lvl.4

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-25 03:45
Thank you for your response. This will be forwarded to our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your patience.

The latest Mimo and firmware updates did not fix the 4K60 stabilization failure, I just checked:

Firmware: V01.05.01.10
DJI Mimo App for iOS: V1.11.4
2023-12-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans15c6fb85 Posted at 2023-12-28 14:57
The latest Mimo and firmware updates did not fix the 4K60 stabilization failure, I just checked:

Firmware: V01.05.01.10

Hello there. Thank you for keeping us posted. Does the issue occur after applying the Stabilization function in Album in the app to see if the issue persists? If the issue persists after using the stabilization feature, kindly please provide us with the following information via PM for further investigation:

1) A screenshot of the mobile phone page (showing the mobile phone model and system version);
2) App version number screenshot;
3) Original footage shot with the DJI OM Series gimbal and DJI Mimo app, and footage recorded by the mobile phone’s camera respectively;
4) QR code screenshot after uploading the issue logs in the app and shooting time.
1-1 04:28
Use props
fans15c6fb85
lvl.4

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-1 04:28
Hello there. Thank you for keeping us posted. Does the issue occur after applying the Stabilization function in Album in the app to see if the issue persists? If the issue persists after using the stabilization feature, kindly please provide us with the following information via PM for further investigation:

1) A screenshot of the mobile phone page (showing the mobile phone model and system version);

I have the files prepared but I can't find the upload page.  Please supply a link.
1-3 09:38
Use props
fans15c6fb85
lvl.4

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-1 04:28

1-3 09:53
Use props
Toph101
lvl.1

United Kingdom

When I inspect my choppy clips they are reported to have a frame rate of 52fps not 60fps. Is this relevant to this problem?
1-3 10:21
Use props
fans15c6fb85
lvl.4

United States

Toph101 Posted at 1-3 10:21
When I inspect my choppy clips they are reported to have a frame rate of 52fps not 60fps. Is this relevant to this problem?

I don't think so.  Mimo and the Apple camera app both record in Variable Frame Rate, and what is being displayed is just the average.
1-3 13:11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Our engineers checked your issue and video. If you want to clear the high-frequency vibration on the bike, only the EIS on the phone can do it.  After you use the gimbal, the DJI Mimo App will turn off the EIS.  
1-4 20:01
Use props
fans15c6fb85
lvl.4

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-4 20:01
Hello, there. Our engineers checked your issue and video. If you want to clear the high-frequency vibration on the bike, only the EIS on the phone can do it.  After you use the gimbal, the DJI Mimo App will turn off the EIS.

I don’t understand what you mean that after using the gimbal the the EIS is off.  Please explain.
1-5 03:43
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans15c6fb85 Posted at 1-5 03:43
I don’t understand what you mean that after using the gimbal the the EIS is off.  Please explain.

If you use a gimbal, after connecting to the DJI Mimo APP, the Mimo App will turn off the EIS on the phone.
Attaching the gimbal to the car, the gimbal only stabilizes the three-axis but hard to clear the high-frequency vibration, which may damage the gimbal as well.  
1-5 17:06
Use props
Smitty9
New

United States

Toph101 Posted at 1-3 10:21

I’m having the same problem.
4-5 06:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules