Osmo Pocket 3 video sample leak?
2066 8 2023-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Found a video claims to be shot with Osmo Pocket 3.

It's only in 1080P, so cannot be sure if it's really shot with OP3.
Also all the scenes are not challenging enough to defferenciate the sensor quality,

Matoy Tv Cinematic - Osmo pocket 3 4K video test Cinematic video Perth Western A.png
maybe except this one in more challenging dynamic range scene.
I am not 100% sure but if it is, then seems to have a good shodow performance.

2023-10-23
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

either the operator is handling the third axis really well or third axis stability has improved, the footage looks great but is it edited or auto . I do think footage with the 3 will be good.
2023-10-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find and thanks for sharing.  
2023-10-23
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

The operator must have been doing the ninja walk. In the unboxing video that circulated this last weekend the Dji guy was walking around normally with the pocket 3 and it had the “bobbing” effect like a buoy floating in the ocean much like the pocket 2 had. I really hoped to see that effect go away with the better stabilization they are boasting about.  You can sort of see the vertical bobbing here but the person holding it is walking really slow and ninja style.
2023-10-23
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dronethemoment Posted at 10-23 06:44
The operator must have been doing the ninja walk. In the unboxing video that circulated this last weekend the Dji guy was walking around normally with the pocket 3 and it had the “bobbing” effect like a buoy floating in the ocean much like the pocket 2 had. I really hoped to see that effect go away with the better stabilization they are boasting about.  You can sort of see the vertical bobbing here but the person holding it is walking really slow and ninja style.

Unless you have a 4 axis gimbal you are always going to get this bobbing, stabilisation in action cams you will always be faced with cropping , really its much more expensive equipment you need to overcome this.
2023-10-23
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Obviously fake.  At no time is there a hint of focussing, even when there's a lamp post right near the camera towards the end of the "4K" video, which for some reason was uploaded in 1080p.  Generally the image seems too wide.  At no point is there a shot which takes any advantage of the gimbal.  There's nothing in the channel which suggests that the videographer could have access to the Pocket 3 in advance.  Well, maybe this shows that if you can't afford the Pocket 3, just shoot with something else and say it's shot with the new model.  At least some people will believe it.
2023-10-24
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-24 05:20
Obviously fake.  At no time is there a hint of focussing, even when there's a lamp post right near the camera towards the end of the "4K" video, which for some reason was uploaded in 1080p.  Generally the image seems too wide.  At no point is there a shot which takes any advantage of the gimbal.  There's nothing in the channel which suggests that the videographer could have access to the Pocket 3 in advance.  Well, maybe this shows that if you can't afford the Pocket 3, just shoot with something else and say it's shot with the new model.  At least some people will believe it.

That’s frankly ridiculous, lots of video shot in 4k gets uploaded to YT in 1080 its much quicker . Lots of very small channels are chosen to review and beta test dji products , I myself have beta tested more than a couple of dji products including an osmo and I don’t have a big YT channel “image seems to wide, he/she could have been using wide angle lens . But you’re are correct it’s almost impossible to know just looking at social media what camera was used and that includes high end video cameras. So if you’re just posting to you tube and general social media then and pocket 1 camera would suffice.
2023-10-24
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-24 05:20
There is a chance it is fake.
But focus could have been just locked.

To me, its dynamic range is too good to believe as a pocket camera.
2023-10-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very good (and funny to read after the release)
2023-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules