Failure with First Attempt at Asteroid
426 3 2023-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JS10
lvl.1
United States

Although I'm mostly interested in manual control of my new Air 2S, while I get up and running I figured I might as well at least experiment with the Smart modes and Quickshots. One I tried today, just because I think it's totally quirky and unique, is the Asteroid shot. However, it didn't seem to work. It definitely completed a maneuver in the air, as it backed up a bit and rose to a fairly high altitude before returning, but when I tapped the Play icon on my screen to look at the shots, I didn't see anything like that effect.
Does anyone know why this may have failed? One thing that surprised me a bit is that even for this shot, I had to select a subject. I don't see how that's relevant for what this shot does. Also, I had a lot of difficulty actually drawing a box around myself, but maybe that's the subject for a different thread.

2023-10-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. When using Quickshot, please make sure that you take off and hover at least 2m above the ground. When using Asteroid, it is recommended to have sufficient space and allow at least 40m behind and 50m above the aircraft to avoid any incident. If the issue persists, please download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please refresh the firmware of the aircraft. If you are using a standard remote controller with a mobile device, you may try to reinstall the app and then have a test flight to check. During the test flight, please initiate a screen recording so we can check the behavior of the unit during the test. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-10-24
Use props
JS10
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-24 19:48
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. When using Quickshot, please make sure that you take off and hover at least 2m above the ground. When using Asteroid, it is recommended to have sufficient space and allow at least 40m behind and 50m above the aircraft to avoid any incident. If the issue persists, please download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please refresh the firmware of the aircraft. If you are using a standard remote controller with a mobile device, you may try to reinstall the app and then have a test flight to check. During the test flight, please initiate a screen recording so we can check the behavior of the unit during the test. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi. Okay, thanks. That seems like a lot to have to think about and I had to read it a few times. But I'm planning to hopefully try again tomorrow morning (my time EST), depending, of course, on the weather, and I'll see how it goes and get back to you. The conditions you cited, though, in terms of space and clearance, were, I think, met.
2023-10-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

JS10 Posted at 10-25 13:59
Hi. Okay, thanks. That seems like a lot to have to think about and I had to read it a few times. But I'm planning to hopefully try again tomorrow morning (my time EST), depending, of course, on the weather, and I'll see how it goes and get back to you. The conditions you cited, though, in terms of space and clearance, were, I think, met.

You are most welcome. Please let us know after you perform the test flight. Happy flying!
2023-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules