Lens flare
506 4 2023-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
826 Raw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412608 ft
United Kingdom

Does anyone else suffer from lense flaire with the 17 - 28 mm, even when using ND filters?
2023-10-25
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7608 ft

United States

ND filters are meant to step down the light level entering the camera.

They aren't meant to deal with lens flare. There are other kinds of filters made for that (which you can put on the front of the lens).
2023-10-26
Use props
826 Raw
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ford4D Posted at 10-26 15:08
ND filters are meant to step down the light level entering the camera.

They aren't meant to deal with lens flare. There are other kinds of filters made for that (which you can put on the front of the lens).

Just seen this. I disagree, flare should correctly be solved by having the right coatings on the internal lenses.
2023-11-8
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7608 ft

United States

826 Raw Posted at 11-8 01:17
Just seen this. I disagree, flare should correctly be solved by having the right coatings on the internal lenses.

I don't know how new you are to cinematography, but this just isn't what ND filters are meant for.

You can't "disagree" with that. It's just facts

Also, there are no cinema cameras out there with internal 'lenses'. You might be using the wrong word. Maybe you mean "filter".

In which case, it would be a different kind of filter from an ND filter. Because ND filters are NOT meant to remove flare.

It's just the basics of photography.
2023-11-22
Use props
826 Raw
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ford4D Posted at 11-22 06:03
I don't know how new you are to cinematography, but this just isn't what ND filters are meant for.

You can't "disagree" with that. It's just facts

The coatings on the lenses. The NDs are internal to this camera and could refract light. I am referring only to the lenses or ND coatings. I am not looking for a back-and-forth conversation with you.
2023-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules