Pocket 3 Extension Handle/Rod
5814 27 2023-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WORFTX
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I realize the current extension handle for Pocket 2 won't work for the Pocket 3, but will DJI come out with an extension handle for Pocket 3?
2023-10-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. DJI released Osmo Pocket 3 Handle With 1/4″ Thread and Osmo Pocket 3 Battery Handle for Osmo Pocket 3. You can check here: https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-pocket-3?vid=153321
2023-10-25
Use props
WORFTX
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-25 07:12
Hello, there. DJI released Osmo Pocket 3 Handle With 1/4″ Thread and Osmo Pocket 3 Battery Handle for Osmo Pocket 3. You can check here: https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-pocket-3?vid=153321

Thanks.  I saw the battery handle, but it isn't quite what the extension handle is used for.  It allows the Pocket 2 to be extended way up while your smartphone is still at the bottom of the handle, so you can monitor and control the video.  

Buy Osmo Pocket Extension Rod - DJI Store
2023-10-25
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

WORFTX Posted at 10-25 07:24
Thanks.  I saw the battery handle, but it isn't quite what the extension handle is used for.  It allows the Pocket 2 to be extended way up while your smartphone is still at the bottom of the handle, so you can monitor and control the video.  

Although it has an action mount so you can use any action cam extension rod, I do want an extension rod that have a phone mount so I can control it while it was extended away from me but I have not found anything yet.
2023-10-25
Use props
WORFTX
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I haven't found one either.  Closest product was one that could mount a light on top.  One problem with a generic selfie stick with a phone mount is there are no controls on the stick to control Pocket unit.  Granted you can use phone to control, but it isn't as convenient.  
2023-10-25
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

WORFTX Posted at 10-25 07:54
I haven't found one either.  Closest product was one that could mount a light on top.  One problem with a generic selfie stick with a phone mount is there are no controls on the stick to control Pocket unit.  Granted you can use phone to control, but it isn't as convenient.

Found one. It seems that Pgytech used to make one for action cams but it's been discontinued. I found one in stock here and I just ordered one.

https://djinyc.com/products/pgyt ... -pole-tripod-plus-1
2023-10-25
Use props
WORFTX
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thanks!  Just ordered one myself.  This should work well if DJI doesn't come out the their own.
2023-10-25
Use props
WORFTX
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Just found this on Amazon.  Phone section is removable, which may not be as robust as the Pgytech version.

https://www.amazon.com/AFAITH-Up ... s%2C164&sr=8-10
2023-10-25
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Those sure look handy, wish I had found something similar before. While the original Extension Rod is often fine, I would like to have a more extendable solution for some scenarios, and those would seem to fit the bill.
2023-10-25
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The problem now seems to be finding a Osmo Pocket 3 Expansion Adapter as it's also out of stock 10 mins after order page opens..
2023-10-25
Use props
WORFTX
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Isn't the expansion adapter if you want to shoulder mount the Pocket 3?  It has a tripod adapter on bottom that will fit any normal stick.
2023-10-25
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

WORFTX Posted at 10-25 12:49
Isn't the expansion adapter if you want to shoulder mount the Pocket 3?  It has a tripod adapter on bottom that will fit any normal stick.

yea can use the 1/4 mount for now but the adapter seems more secure
2023-10-25
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The whole point of the Pocket 2 extension handle was, for me anyway, the built in controls which made creative use of the gimbal really on another level.  These 3rd party items don't begin to address that.
2023-10-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

WORFTX Posted at 10-25 07:24

Thank you for your replies. We will forward your request and advice to our teams.
2023-10-27
Use props
Interpol
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37201 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another option is to just get a phone clamp mount and use any extension pole you like:

2023-10-27
Use props
WORFTX
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Here is my attempt at using a 3rd party selfie stick for action camera on Pocket 3.  Tripod legs do come off.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PDQ ... t_b_product_details

2023-10-27
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the extension rod, almost every time I use the Pocket. This will be something I need to work out, too
2023-10-27
Use props
Talonn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 564190 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-25 14:10
The whole point of the Pocket 2 extension handle was, for me anyway, the built in controls which made creative use of the gimbal really on another level.  These 3rd party items don't begin to address that.

100% agree with your post!
2023-10-29
Use props
dtokez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 232812 ft
United Kingdom

I also use the old rod all the time. I'm tempted to move to the mk3 but the lack of a similar solution puts me off
2023-12-11
Use props
TechSportsLove
lvl.3
United States

WORFTX Posted at 10-27 08:52
Here is my attempt at using a 3rd party selfie stick for action camera on Pocket 3.  Tripod legs do come off.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PDQ8NSB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Nice! I did the same thing with a ULANZI MT-08 Extension Pole Tripod. While it's not the DJI extension rod for the P2, it does get the job done for now. I hope DJI will make a version for the P3.
2023-12-11
Use props
Drift.dk
lvl.3
  • >>>
South Korea

This setting is for when you're shooting indoors for long periods of time. Telesin's battery-powered selfie stick with ulanzi cooler gets 6 hours of shooting time.

Here's what I've been testing and hoping to improve.

1. Need a slow, continuous charging option.
With only 7 watts of steady power to the Pocket3, I can shoot for a long time without a cooler, but when I PD charge or put a battery on it, it stops shooting within 30 minutes due to overheating, so a small cooler is a must.

2. Need a face track option that prioritizes tracking a specific person's face.
I use five pockets3 as backups. If this is possible, I can recognize each performer's face and then have it track their face to get lively shots.
2023-12-11
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

TechSportsLove Posted at 12-11 17:04
Nice! I did the same thing with a ULANZI MT-08 Extension Pole Tripod. While it's not the DJI extension rod for the P2, it does get the job done for now. I hope DJI will make a version for the P3.

I have that same Ulanzi - 2 actually, as one has a GoPro mount I use for my Action 4.
2023-12-11
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I dont get why this is so difficult.
The P3 has a standard 1/2" 20 thread in the bottom (with extension), so all you need is any regular selfie pole attached to it. Then a standard phone clamp mount attached to the pole - job done.
If you have your phone attached to the pole, presumably for live view, then you can control the P3 via your smartphone and do not need any buttons on the pole in the first instance, no?
2023-12-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Believe me, the buttons take it to another level.  For instance, on the stick for the Pocket 2, there's a little button on the side of the grip which swaps tilt lock and follow mode when held down.  That gives such great creative results.
2023-12-12
Use props
WORFTX
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I wouldn't say this was difficult to make, but trying to make something usable and small like the P3 was my objective. Some setups can be quite bulky and cumbersome. Used my set up a few times and it has worked very well. Plus it fits in the same carrying bag I have the P3 in for a nice package.
2023-12-12
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-12 04:01
Believe me, the buttons take it to another level.  For instance, on the stick for the Pocket 2, there's a little button on the side of the grip which swaps tilt lock and follow mode when held down.  That gives such great creative results.

This is true. More physical buttons the better.
2023-12-12
Use props
Ridro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1114892 ft
Belgium

I can only agree with the above comments. Not having the buttons The extension rot is a deal breaker for me to buy the P3.
I have a P2 with the extension rod from dji for the P2.
Would like  to go P3 with a good working extension rod.
Note: it’s important that the p3 extension rod holds the p3 as close as possible to the gimbal. The prevents the p3 of wiggling on his mount when walking.
1-2 23:44
Use props
djiuser_O6VgndlMPPxR
New
Mexico

For me, the lack of a DJI Extension rod for pocket 3, like the one I use for Pocket  2, with physical control, has been a dealbreaker for me. For my work it is absolutely necessary and I cannot rely of the screen control. I  really hope they come up with this accessory soon. Until that I will keep Pocket 2.
4-1 18:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules