strange rc behavior and no connect
307 5 2023-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Buzz171
lvl.1

United States

Hello, If anyone can offer and help or ideas to my dilema I would be ever grateful. I am recently acquired a second hand mini 3 pro and a "new never used" rc n1 controller.

They both seem to fuction as expected, but wont bind. Of course this seems like the routine no binding problem, one thing is strange. Here is what happens:

1) start app
2) press "connect" in app
3) all models are listed and I select "Mini 3 pro"
4)  start and plug in RC,
RC gets detected but then the next screen only shows "mini 4 pro" & "mavic air " as aircraft choices, and the mini 3 isnt an option any longer

I am certain I cant link because mini 3 pro isnt/cant be selected.

I have up dated both drone & rc firmware in assistant and still no luck. I am just coming up blank on ideas and cant seem to find this exact problem any wheres online.

any ideas or directions for the group??
thanks
Vince

2023-10-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Vince. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please provide the Serial Number of the drone for us to further check? We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-10-26
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

I'd recommend resetting the controller to factory settings to get rid of any old stuff that may be mucking up your activation.
2023-10-26
Use props
Buzz171
lvl.1

United States

thanks for the quick response, the serial number is: 158f 4xfc2 29e00 7k14q.

I thought the same of the RC but Ive read there is no way to factory reset, Last night I tried again with the same results, however a few times I was prompted to connect to the air craft to download images, etc... and it did when I selected it. Of course I had nothing on the drone to view. I did get a "Go Fly" button at this point and once I pressed it it went right back saying air craft wasn't connected. and nothing I tried would connect it.
2023-10-27
Use props
Buzz171
lvl.1

United States

I believe I found the source of my problem. I got the new in box remote from ebay advertised as " N1" it is actually an "N2" i read it is not compatible with Mini 3 Pro.

I got a N1 RC coming so Ill see soon if the aircraft connects

thanks for the help & support
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Buzz171 Posted at 10-30 08:12
I believe I found the source of my problem. I got the new in box remote from ebay advertised as " N1" it is actually an "N2" i read it is not compatible with Mini 3 Pro.

I got a N1 RC coming so Ill see soon if the aircraft connects

Hi, Buzz171. The RC-N2 is indeed not yet compatible with the Mini 3 Pro. Sorry, you had to return the remote but I hope you receive the correct remote in no time. Have a great day ahead.
2023-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules