5.8GHz Phantom Best Antenna
1474 2 2015-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RevoMikey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Guys

I am looking to increase my flight range, I have a 5.8 ghz phantom and I am quite happy soldering and modding.

What antennas have you guys fitted to your transmitter to increase range? I get about 400 - 500m I guess, sometimes more, sometimes less, I have adjusted the pot on the back of the tx to give maximum range but I really want some more, maybe another 200m or so would be good.

I was out today and in wide open space, RTH kicked in and back she came, FPV range was unaffected to the FPV can easily take more.

What mods have you guys done to increase the flight range?

2015-9-5
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

5.8 GHz would be a Phantom 2 right?
Or does a 5.8GHz P1 exist?
Just wondering if you posted this in the right forum?
2015-9-5
Use props
RevoMikey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi, Yes, its the fc40 which has a 5.8ghz tx/rx, for fpv i run 2.4. (its just a p1 but it shipped with a crappy wifi camera). had I known what a pain the 5.8 would be i would have opted for a different model to be honest, to achieve fpv i have a mahoosive 2.4 clover leaf on the back, the 5.8s are much neater.

I can see loads of mods for 2.4 but nothing for 5.8, i was thinking about removing the tx antenna cable, installing an extension lead to an sma on the top then trying a higher gain antenna but not sure what ones to get.
2015-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules