New DJI Osmo Pocket 3 Firmware Released (01/31/2024)
45719 228 2023-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Tony
Administrator

iagoab Posted at 11-7 23:59
yes, I'm going to try to make a video

Perfect. Thank you. Please keep me posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-8
Use props
cobra65
lvl.1

Germany

Please fix the issue (in FPV mode) when flipping the camera around from selfie to front facing the camera head will auto-tilt to the horizon. This doesn't happen in the Pocket 2 for FPV (but it does in Follow mode). Seems this occurs in all modes on the Pocket 3.
I also made a video of the issue that is maybe a bit more clear: https://youtu.be/g3rFAUseqcA
Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 19.25.17.jpg
2023-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

cobra65 Posted at 11-8 10:29
Please fix the issue (in FPV mode) when flipping the camera around from selfie to front facing the camera head will auto-tilt to the horizon. This doesn't happen in the Pocket 2 for FPV (but it does in Follow mode). Seems this occurs in all modes on the Pocket 3.
I also made a video of the issue that is maybe a bit more clear: https://youtu.be/g3rFAUseqcA

Hi, cobra65. Thank you for reaching out. Was that the orientation of the gimbal before you turned it off? If the gimbal mode is FPV, the camera will rotate to resume the same orientation when powered off last time. For other modes, the camera will face forward or backward.
2023-11-8
Use props
cobra65
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-8 20:15
Hi, cobra65. Thank you for reaching out. Was that the orientation of the gimbal before you turned it off? If the gimbal mode is FPV, the camera will rotate to resume the same orientation when powered off last time. For other modes, the camera will face forward or backward.

The camera was in FPV mode. The problem is when the camera is rotated forward, it does not resume the last orientation and you have to use the joystick to point the camera where you want it. Then, when you rotate the camera backwards (towards the user) it resumes normal FPV behavior.

I took another video which might make the behavior more clear: when the camera is flipped forwards, it is no longer looking down at my keyboard, but rather level with the horizon and has to be corrected with the joystick.

https://youtu.be/stPMTPEfDaA
2023-11-9
Use props
KIRILLNE
lvl.2
Russia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-8 20:15

Are there plans to add a webcam mode for PC 1080 60 frames or 4k 30 in future updates?
2023-11-13
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any release notes on the v01.01.0870 update please?
2023-11-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

IftiBashir Posted at 11-14 07:24
Any release notes on the v01.01.0870 update please?

Hi there. They have fixed some minor bugs. When "fixed some bugs" or "fixed some known issues" is described in the firmware release notes, it is usually to update some regular software running logic or fix some problems that do not affect the use of the product. These basically have no impact on your use of the product, If it is an important firmware upgrade, engineers will list in the release notes what new features have been added or what user experience has been improved. Have a nice day.
2023-11-14
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 11-14 22:11
Hi there. They have fixed some minor bugs. When "fixed some bugs" or "fixed some known issues" is described in the firmware release notes, it is usually to update some regular software running logic or fix some problems that do not affect the use of the product. These basically have no impact on your use of the product, If it is an important firmware upgrade, engineers will list in the release notes what new features have been added or what user experience has been improved. Have a nice day.

Brill, thanks ;)
2023-11-15
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

I am glad it fixes over heat issue.
Thanks DJI for this action.
2023-11-15
Use props
fans537ac95a
New
  • >>>
Japan

I'm not sure if this is an isolated case, but after upgrading the firmware, my camera tends to freeze.
More specifically, it doesn't happen every time, but when I rotate the screen and the DJI logo appears (indicating a cold boot), the roll axis gets stuck and after a few seconds, it automatically enters gimbal protection mode.
However, if the DJI logo doesn't appear upon startup (meaning when it's quickly turned off and then on again within a short period), there are no issues.

Here's the video↓
ht tps://imgur.com/a/Dk8CIfB

I hope DJI can identify and fix this issue promptly.
2023-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

You are most welcome. Please reach back if you need further assistance. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-15
Use props
RayNY
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-14 22:11
Hi there. They have fixed some minor bugs. When "fixed some bugs" or "fixed some known issues" is described in the firmware release notes, it is usually to update some regular software running logic or fix some problems that do not affect the use of the product. These basically have no impact on your use of the product, If it is an important firmware upgrade, engineers will list in the release notes what new features have been added or what user experience has been improved. Have a nice day.

So they didn't actual improve anything substantial?  Is that what you are implying?
2023-11-15
Use props
Heiress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4033665 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

RayNY Posted at 11-15 05:15
So they didn't actual improve anything substantial?  Is that what you are implying?

It was apparently a huge deal for Europeans on the over heating problem
2023-11-15
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

The pocket 3 still starts up Timelapse mode in 2.7k every time regardless if the last setting was 4k.  I believe when you rotate the screen to turn it off from a Timelapse it switches to 3k then saves the landscape setting as 2.7k.  

Please fix this super annoying bug!  I have had to stop several timelapses to switch to 4k every time I start up.  Very annoying!!!
2023-11-15
Use props
PatLam
lvl.2
Germany

deleted
2023-11-15
Use props
Grateful
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

dronethemoment Posted at 11-15 08:15
The pocket 3 still starts up Timelapse mode in 2.7k every time regardless if the last setting was 4k.  I believe when you rotate the screen to turn it off from a Timelapse it switches to 3k then saves the landscape setting as 2.7k.  

Please fix this super annoying bug!  I have had to stop several timelapses to switch to 4k every time I start up.  Very annoying!!!

Have you tried factory reset .
2023-11-15
Use props
RayNY
lvl.3
United States

Heiress Posted at 11-15 08:02
It was apparently a huge deal for Europeans on the over heating problem

Then they should have noted it because that big.
2023-11-15
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Hi,

i've just upgraded to the latest firmware and started testing features.

The gimball "joystick" is still terrible to use.

It will only register diagonals when you press firmly in the exact direction that will pull both buttons under the hood (up/right, down/right etc.). If you just "turn your thumb" on the "thumbstick", it won't register diagonals but only the vertical/horizontal directions.

It's really annoying. You have to press really hard on the thumbstick to achieve to register diagonals.

I'm pretty sure this is a software issue because that's like once a direction has been triggered, it won't register the other ones for some time...

Please work on this issue so that we can actually use the gimball thumbstick and manually "track" things at will.

Regards,
2023-11-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

RayNY Posted at 11-15 05:15

Hi there. I hope you are doing well today. That is correct. As it only says "fixed some bugs". The engineers will put it on the notes if they have improved or added a new feature. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-17
Use props
Firekrakengo
lvl.1

United States

Can you please make it possible that we can change the file names.  For instance the first three letters DJI

Now in the editing it realy gets confusing when using 3 dji pockets when they everytime after formatting all start at DJI_0001.

Especially when connecting Proxies.
2023-11-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Firekrakengo Posted at 11-17 02:24
Can you please make it possible that we can change the file names.  For instance the first three letters DJI

Now in the editing it realy gets confusing when using 3 dji pockets when they everytime after formatting all start at DJI_0001.

We appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your feedback to the related department. Thank you for your great support.
2023-11-19
Use props
djiuser_lsLvLI4bKh8K
New

France

Hello! Sorry for posting it here as I cannot post a new thread yet (new user on this forum). I was hoping this new firmware update fixed the livestream issue. I tried livestreaming on YouTube via the DJI Mimo app, the livestream begins on the camera and app but on my YouTube channel it shows as a scheduled livestream only (not actual livestream). Meanwhile, the RTMP stream I've tried does not ask for stream key. A proper documentation or tutorial would be nice. I just wish we can livestream directly on the Osmo Pocket 3 without using the DJI Mimo app because I already have a 4G pocket wifi device to connect to the internet. The livestream feature is still a mess...not allowed to use Facebook, to actual livestream on YouTube, and RTMP livestreaming lacks a better interface to ask for stream key.
2023-11-19
Use props
djiuser_sh42wwTx4BMk
lvl.2
Italy

Please DJI, in the next firmware include the ability to lock the exposure by holding down the display for 1 second.  This can be done via the Mimo app, but it is inconvenient, given that DJI Pocket 3 has a screen large enough to do this.  It would be really convenient to be able to have this possibility (like on a smartphone), so as to lock both focus and exposure with one click.  Please add this feature.
2023-11-20
Use props
Marc_v_L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1080728 ft
Netherlands

fans537ac95a Posted at 11-15 01:40
I'm not sure if this is an isolated case, but after upgrading the firmware, my camera tends to freeze.
More specifically, it doesn't happen every time, but when I rotate the screen and the DJI logo appears (indicating a cold boot), the roll axis gets stuck and after a few seconds, it automatically enters gimbal protection mode.
However, if the DJI logo doesn't appear upon startup (meaning when it's quickly turned off and then on again within a short period), there are no issues.

You are definitely not alone! You’re more than welcome to join this topic I’ve started about this issue:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-301567-1-1.html
The more attention, the better!
2023-11-20
Use props
fans05cffa79
lvl.1
Malaysia

My new Pocket 3 was working fine until recently,  I just updated the firmware to latest (v01.01.08.70) few days ago, and this issue then started popping up.

If I leave the device turned off inside or even outside of the case, after a while, when I turn back on, the screen will show DJI logo then goes into GIMBAL PROTECTION mode.
I will have to press the button on screen after few seconds to unlock the gimbal. After these, turning on and off will not have issue. UNTIL I leave it OFF for a short period of time again.

Rest assured that I have never dropped my camera. I am puzzled WHY...
2023-11-21
Use props
1nagofly
lvl.1
Malaysia

fans537ac95a Posted at 11-15 01:40
However, if the DJI logo doesn't appear upon startup (meaning when it's quickly turned off and then on again within a short period), there are no issues.

I have exactly the same issue after firmware upgrade!!
and I have sent a post here as well, not realizing that you have also highlighted. but mine is a bit different, it turned side way to the left, then got stuck there. then the gimbal protection prompt appears.
but I am glad I am not alone. At least it shows that my gimbal is alright, and it is all pointing to the firmware update.
2023-11-21
Use props
1nagofly
lvl.1
Malaysia

1nagofly Posted at 11-21 16:56
I have exactly the same issue after firmware upgrade!!
and I have sent a post here as well, not realizing that you have also highlighted. but mine is a bit different, it turned side way to the left, then got stuck there. then the gimbal protection prompt appears.
but I am glad I am not alone. At least it shows that my gimbal is alright, and it is all pointing to the firmware update.

UPDATE 22/11/2023

I have just contacted DJI Support team. I was told to troubleshoot by checking if there is any foreign object or debris on the gimbal arms etc, and to ensure clicking the "Gimbal Protection" button, the gimbal would go back to normal. My answer to them is YES. I saw many of you guys checked and reverted the same as well.

He then told me to take this up to the local DJI Service Centre to check for hardware issues. He couldn't comment if it was caused by the latest firmware. But I seriously don't think it's hardware issue, due to the Cold Boot / DJI logo that only started appearing after firmware update.

Wish us luck... hopefully DJI team here can have a better answer for all of us.
2023-11-21
Use props
iagoab
lvl.1

Spain

Hello everyone. I have been experiencing that when the camera turns on it makes a downward pitch that it did not do before. It is normal? attached video:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/r5psh0cpxzn8vcivyvik7/V-deo-24-11-23-23-27-10.mov?rlkey=z4yeqrusue12t34xqe7bt5o56&dl=0
2023-11-24
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

iagoab Posted at 11-24 14:33
Hello everyone. I have been experiencing that when the camera turns on it makes a downward pitch that it did not do before. It is normal? attached video:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/r5psh0cpxzn8vcivyvik7/V-deo-24-11-23-23-27-10.mov?rlkey=z4yeqrusue12t34xqe7bt5o56&dl=0

Check this thread out -

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=301567
2023-11-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

1nagofly Posted at 11-21 18:35
UPDATE 22/11/2023

I have just contacted DJI Support team. I was told to troubleshoot by checking if there is any foreign object or debris on the gimbal arms etc, and to ensure clicking the "Gimbal Protection" button, the gimbal would go back to normal. My answer to them is YES. I saw many of you guys checked and reverted the same as well.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you have sent the device back?
2023-11-25
Use props
polucigan
lvl.1
  • >>>
Russia

Hello,
If you press the joystick down while panning the camera, panning is locked and the camera will only tilt down. This did not exist on previous versions of the camera, and it does not exist on Ronin products.
Is this a bug or a feature?
2023-11-25
Use props
Sung Jun Lim
lvl.1
South Korea

Date: 2023.11.13, After this firmware update, the gimbal will not face forward and enter protected mode on startup. I have to press Gimbal Recenter and it will work normally, but if I turn it on again after a certain period of time, the protection mode will repeat without any reason after a hard boot with the DJI logo appearing.
2023-11-26
Use props
djiuser_GWygJjq6On2d
New

United States

Activetrack no longer works from the mimo app when in dynamic framing mode.  It says ‘active track not supported in current shooting mode’ on the Mimo app when I try to select an object to track
2023-11-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_GWygJjq6On2d Posted at 11-28 07:26
Activetrack no longer works from the mimo app when in dynamic framing mode.  It says ‘active track not supported in current shooting mode’ on the Mimo app when I try to select an object to track

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Did you use the 5D joystick to select the target position in the composition to start tracking? Have a great day.
2023-11-28
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

firmware update mic ????
Connect the DJI Mic 2 transmitter to a computer to update the firmware. Follow the steps below to update:
Download firmware v04.02.01.13 or later from the official DJI website (https://www.dji.com/cn/osmo-pocket-3/downloads).
Not available yet!!!
2023-11-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

dji_MODDER Posted at 11-29 01:28
firmware update mic ????
Connect the DJI Mic 2 transmitter to a computer to update the firmware. Follow the steps below to update:
Download firmware v04.02.01.13 or later from the official DJI website (https://www.dji.com/cn/osmo-pocket-3/downloads).

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. It is being synchronizing at the backstage. It is suggested you could try to update later. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
2023-11-29
Use props
federnet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691463 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Still Notifications are so large that they obscure parge area of the screen and most important - Issue with Gimbal recentering to horizontal position in FPV and Follow mode still exists
2023-11-29
Use props
Victor GA
lvl.2
Spain

Hola, el firmware v04.02.01.13 no aparece en el enlace: https://www.dji.com/cn/osmo-pocket-3/downloads   ¿De dónde se puede descargar?
2023-11-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Victor GA Posted at 11-29 02:18
Hola, el firmware v04.02.01.13 no aparece en el enlace: https://www.dji.com/cn/osmo-pocket-3/downloads   ¿De dónde se puede descargar?

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. It can only be updated using the Mimo app. Please connect the Pocket 3 to your Mimo app with your phone connected to the internet and a firmware update prompt will pop up. This article might help https://support.dji.com/help/con ... p;re=HK&lang=en. Have a great day.
2023-11-29
Use props
federnet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691463 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Oh, and I have found a bug in the embedded manual for pairing Mic2. It says to keep the "Record " button pressed until the blue light will pop. In reality you have to press the "Power" button.
2023-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules