New DJI Osmo Pocket 3 Firmware Released (01/31/2024)
45703 228 2023-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Nice that this update did not clear custom profiles as previous updates did.
2023-11-29
Use props
Victor GA
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 11-29 02:25
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. It can only be updated using the Mimo app. Please connect the Pocket 3 to your Mimo app with your phone connected to the internet and a firmware update prompt will pop up. This article might help https://support.dji.com/help/content?customId=en-us03400006836&spaceId=34&re=HK&lang=en. Have a great day.

En la web pone: "2. Connect the DJI Mic 2 transmitter to a computer to update the firmware. Follow the steps below to update:
Download firmware v04.02.01.13 or later from the official DJI website (https://www.dji.com/cn/osmo-pocket-3/downloads).
2023-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Disappointed this firmware does fix the resolution resettings when rotating the display in Timelapse mode to power off,  and still we have no option to disable the internal microphone.

Also it would be really good to see some additional pano modes.  
2023-11-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Victor GA Posted at 11-29 02:40
En la web pone: "2. Connect the DJI Mic 2 transmitter to a computer to update the firmware. Follow the steps below to update:
Download firmware v04.02.01.13 or later from the official DJI website (https://www.dji.com/cn/osmo-pocket-3/downloads).

Hi. The firmware for the Mic 2 is available on that link: https://www.dji.com/osmo-pocket-3/downloads.

Have a nice day.
2023-11-29
Use props
federnet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691463 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Great, you labeled those as a Pocket 3 firmware, not the Wireless Mic 2. Definately it won't cause  confusion...
2023-11-29
Use props
Mike K N
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Mic 2 still not usable when live streaming due to crackling.
2023-11-29
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great to see continued improvements ..
2023-11-29
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152605 ft
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-31 03:17
Yes, I noticed the smaller font after the FW update also.

Which font - on the camera screen or MIMO App?  I have not noticed any change in font size after the latest FW update
2023-11-29
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152605 ft
United Kingdom

Good news.  When you install this firmware update any custom mode presets you have on your Osmo Pocket 3 (C1, C2, C3, etc) are preserved.  So how come the same thing doesn't happen with FW updates on the Osmo Action 4?  The last FW update for my Action 4 removed all my custom mode presets.  Fortunately I had made a note of them.  But what I don't understand is if custom mode presets are preserved with FW updates on the Osmo Pocket 3, why can't DJI do the same thing for the Osmo Action 4???  It just requires a bit of code.  Come on DJI - don't be lazy!!
2023-11-29
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Steph Jant Posted at 11-29 08:12
Good news.  When you install this firmware update any custom mode presets you have on your Osmo Pocket 3 (C1, C2, C3, etc) are preserved.  So how come the same thing doesn't happen with FW updates on the Osmo Action 4?  The last FW update for my Action 4 removed all my custom mode presets.  Fortunately I had made a note of them.  But what I don't understand is if custom mode presets are preserved with FW updates on the Osmo Pocket 3, why can't DJI do the same thing for the Osmo Action 4???  It just requires a bit of code.  Come on DJI - don't be lazy!!

You might be right there about a bit of code. But I have found even using big brand cameras even like Leica you settings go back to default when introducing new firmware.
2023-11-29
Use props
Iczeman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8429108 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Nice update but still 1 second max shutter speed for long exposure photos
2023-11-29
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44281716 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronethemoment Posted at 10-27 09:31
Still can’t set manual shutter speed greater than 1 second on Timelapse mode.   

Pretty good update though.

Try increasing your interval.
2023-11-29
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

How is the mic firmware updated???
2023-11-29
Use props
fans6519e3a3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194734 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hehe2 Posted at 10-29 11:41
Please fix the overheating issue, I will probably return my OP3 if it's not fixed quickly enough.

The EU has set a limit of 48C on all cameras purchased in the EU.. the camera must stop recording and cool down before recording can be restarted when this limit is reached.  The rest of the world can carry on recording regardless...

There is a fix for this and its very easy to do..

On a PC create a new file in NOTEPAD called "crackconfig" or "config" inside it write Heat Test.. save the file and delete the .txt file extension then put this file on the root of the memory card used in the DJI Pocket 3 or Action 3/4.. this skips the overheated protection set by DJI because of the EU limit.

ALSO

Used a fast memory card as slow cards can cause overheating

I used a Sammsung Pro Plus 256gb
2023-11-29
Use props
racin06
lvl.1
United States

I connected the Mic 2 to my laptop, powered on the Mic 2, copied the firmware to the root directory of the Mic 2, disconnected the Mic 2 from my laptop and nothing happens.  I only see the steady blinking green LED.  Please advise.  Also, how do I check the firware version of the Mic 2 on the camera?  I only see te general firmware information, and firmware information for the camera and battery handle.  This shouldn't be that damned difficult!  I expect some detailed instructions from DJI!
2023-11-29
Use props
OviOptiK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 828323 ft
Romania

I forgot to attach the battery for the latest firmware and it was not upgraded... Is there anything else I can do so that I can have the latest firmware on the battery as well?
2023-11-29
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17480 ft
  • >>>
United States

OviOptiK Posted at 11-29 13:50
I forgot to attach the battery for the latest firmware and it was not upgraded... Is there anything else I can do so that I can have the latest firmware on the battery as well?

I have the same situation as well. Didn't connect the battery handle during the firmware upgrade process and confirmed it didn't get updated as my battery handle firmware version number ends with 26 instead of 29. After I did the firmware update, I powered down the Pocket 3, connected the battery handle, and powered on the Pocket 3 to see if it would update on it's own, but no luck.
2023-11-29
Use props
Hubaberle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102638 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I own all generations of the Pocket and I'm mostly using them for Timelapses (especially Motionlapse). I'm still waiting for an Ease In and Out functionality for the waypoints (especially the end point). The hard stop at the end is not very cool. I love the Pockets because of their mobility factor and now the 3rd generation is nearly perfect.
2023-11-29
Use props
fansda384bc6
lvl.2
United States

Any guess on when we will be able to purchase the DJI Mic 2 Transmitters?
2023-11-29
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

fansda384bc6 Posted at 11-29 15:37
Any guess on when we will be able to purchase the DJI Mic 2 Transmitters?

That would be nice. I didn't go for the combo package due to availability at the time but wish I had it.
2023-11-29
Use props
fansda384bc6
lvl.2
United States

Don't get tricked either, check this out, https://www.ebay.com/itm/155645110738  forget the price, look at the delivery range.
2023-11-29
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ryguyMN Posted at 11-29 14:25
I have the same situation as well. Didn't connect the battery handle during the firmware upgrade process and confirmed it didn't get updated as my battery handle firmware version number ends with 26 instead of 29. After I did the firmware update, I powered down the Pocket 3, connected the battery handle, and powered on the Pocket 3 to see if it would update on it's own, but no luck.

Yikes I didn't know about connecting battery handle...hope there is a solution to this.
2023-11-29
Use props
fansb066c1fd
lvl.1

South Korea

1080p60 for webcam mode is really good!
Adding gimbal control in OBS will makes it perfect!
Please add the feature!
2023-11-29
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 11-29 21:30
Yikes I didn't know about connecting battery handle...hope there is a solution to this.
I’m wondering if I could dump the .bin firmware file into the root directory of the Pocket 3 with the battery handle on to re-do the update. Decided to wait to see what DJI says before testing anything out. Last thing I want is a bricked device for something I paid good money on.
2023-11-29
Use props
djiuser_3jGLuCmSoh2p
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Does anyone  from EU already updated his Pocket 3 and is there any overheating problems/issues  ?
If anyone can tell me I will be very grateful  !
Thank you  !
2023-11-29
Use props
djiuser_3jGLuCmSoh2p
lvl.1

Bulgaria

fans6519e3a3 Posted at 11-29 12:12
The EU has set a limit of 48C on all cameras purchased in the EU.. the camera must stop recording and cool down before recording can be restarted when this limit is reached.  The rest of the world can carry on recording regardless...

There is a fix for this and its very easy to do..

I had the same problem with my P3.
There is a firmware update by DJI who is fixing that problem  !
Do that update and your P3 will be fine.
I did three different tests after the update:
1. 43 min. no stop video
2. 106 min.
3. 118min.
No problems at all so far
2023-11-29
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

update successful, for the mic , I power on then mic then connected to PC via usb cable , copy the downloaded bin file to mic (root), take off the usb cable, mic flashing green and red, after that I connected to pc again and see the bin file was gone.
Firmware for Osmo installed, but battery of handheld was empty, firmware was completed. Then I set to charge the battery and osmo on power , switch on the osmo and the battery shows updating.

2023-11-30
Use props
virtualjapan.tv
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

Thank you for pushing out more firmware updates!

I was happy to see the addition of 50/60fps on the webcam mode. So I tested today and confirmed the UI option when swiping up shows "108050/60", and upon selecting it, it shows "Webcam (60fps)". However, when connected to a computer it is only reading available fps values between 25-30fps. Confirmed in OBS, and with the script provided below. Could this possibly be a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

Would really love to get 50/60fps webcam mode working! Would appreciate any help

webcam-test.swift
```
import AVFoundation

// Function to list formats and frame rates
func listCameraCapabilities() {
    // Create a discovery session for video devices
    let discoverySession = AVCaptureDevice.DiscoverySession(deviceTypes: [.builtInWideAngleCamera, .externalUnknown], mediaType: .video, position: .unspecified)

// Get the list of video devices from the discovery session
    let videoDevices = discoverySession.devices

// Iterate over each video device
    for device in videoDevices {
        print("Device Name: \(device.localizedName)")

// Iterate over each format supported by the device
        for format in device.formats {
            let formatDescription = format.formatDescription
            let dimensions = CMVideoFormatDescriptionGetDimensions(formatDescription)

// Iterate over each frame rate range supported by this format
            for range in format.videoSupportedFrameRateRanges {
                print("Resolution: \(dimensions.width)x\(dimensions.height), FPS Range: \(range.minFrameRate)-\(range.maxFrameRate)")
            }
        }
        print("\n")
    }
}

// Run the function
listCameraCapabilities()
```
2023-11-30
Use props
Cattitude
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

PG73 Posted at 10-29 04:33
DjI, will there be a firmware update soon to fix the issue where panning locks when the joystick is used in tilt-lock mode?

Thank goodness other people are complaining about this horrible limitation. I can pan the gimbal about 40 degrees to the left and over 180 to the right. How does this even remotely make any sense at all. I have until the first week of January to return mine. It will be returned if they don't fix this.
2023-11-30
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Cattitude Posted at 11-30 10:01
Thank goodness other people are complaining about this horrible limitation. I can pan the gimbal about 40 degrees to the left and over 180 to the right. How does this even remotely make any sense at all. I have until the first week of January to return mine. It will be returned if they don't fix this.

Yes this is real problem that gimbal locks while panning if camera is tilted.

Still waiting the fix.
2023-11-30
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

I have the same situation as well. Didn't connect the battery handle during the firmware upgrade process and confirmed it didn't get updated as my battery handle firmware version number ends with 26 instead of 29. After I did the firmware update, I powered down the Pocket 3, connected the battery handle, and powered on the Pocket 3 to see if it would update on it's own, but no luck.

How did you check the battery f/w version?
Edit - Ignore, found it in Settings.
2023-11-30
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Battery got already 3 updates. Well that is battery what they changed with it?
2023-11-30
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I didn’t even realise the battery handle needed updating!
I updated my Pocket 3 via the app on its own.
Yesterday i connected the battery handle to the Pocket 3 (app was not connected) and it automatically started updating the battery handle. Hence the battery handle does not need to be connected at the same time as upgrading the firmware on the Pocket 3, from my experience anyways…….
2023-11-30
Use props
BruceLee
lvl.1
New Zealand

racin06 Posted at 11-29 12:14
I connected the Mic 2 to my laptop, powered on the Mic 2, copied the firmware to the root directory of the Mic 2, disconnected the Mic 2 from my laptop and nothing happens.  I only see the steady blinking green LED.  Please advise.  Also, how do I check the firware version of the Mic 2 on the camera?  I only see te general firmware information, and firmware information for the camera and battery handle.  This shouldn't be that damned difficult!  I expect some detailed instructions from DJI!

Same for me also.  Waiting to hear a solution for this
2023-11-30
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

IftiBashir Posted at 11-30 12:18
I didn’t even realise the battery handle needed updating!
I updated my Pocket 3 via the app on its own.
Yesterday i connected the battery handle to the Pocket 3 (app was not connected) and it automatically started updating the battery handle. Hence the battery handle does not need to be connected at the same time as upgrading the firmware on the Pocket 3, from my experience anyways…….

I just got my battery handle to update. Seemed kind of random as the handle had been connected and disconnected a few times once the Pocket 3 was updated prior to the handle automatically updating. Glad it is all working now!
2023-11-30
Use props
racin06
lvl.1
United States

dji_MODDER Posted at 11-30 02:29
update successful, for the mic , I power on then mic then connected to PC via usb cable , copy the downloaded bin file to mic (root), take off the usb cable, mic flashing green and red, after that I connected to pc again and see the bin file was gone.
Firmware for Osmo installed, but battery of handheld was empty, firmware was completed. Then I set to charge the battery and osmo on power , switch on the osmo and the battery shows updating.

I'm seeing only a green LED flashing after removing the Mic 2 from my PC, though I do see where the bin file is deleted.
2023-11-30
Use props
kevin albrechcinski
New
United States

Why am I unable to use the Mimo app to watch the content recorded on my pocket 3? When I click on the video it’s just a black screen and it doesn’t allow me to download it. I have reset both the pocket 3 and the app
2023-11-30
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

kevin albrechcinski Posted at 11-30 18:18
Why am I unable to use the Mimo app to watch the content recorded on my pocket 3? When I click on the video it’s just a black screen and it doesn’t allow me to download it. I have reset both the pocket 3 and the app

Have to turn off cellular data. Known issue with iOS.
2023-11-30
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ryguyMN Posted at 11-29 22:18
I’m wondering if I could dump the .bin firmware file into the root directory of the Pocket 3 with the battery handle on to re-do the update. Decided to wait to see what DJI says before testing anything out. Last thing I want is a bricked device for something I paid good money on.

Wish we could update these through the web like the drones and refresh etc.
2023-11-30
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

For those of us that didn't update the battery handle. I just attached my battery handle to my already updated pocket 3 and it said UPDATING BATTERY HANDLE and finished in about 20 seconds...simple as that.
2023-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules