New DJI Osmo Pocket 3 Firmware Released (01/31/2024)
45715 228 2023-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44281716 ft
  • >>>
United States

ryguyMN Posted at 11-30 12:36
I just got my battery handle to update. Seemed kind of random as the handle had been connected and disconnected a few times once the Pocket 3 was updated prior to the handle automatically updating. Glad it is all working now!

Just did this and posted. didn't see your post.
2023-11-30
Use props
Altero
lvl.2
Thailand

Strangely, my Pocket 3 don't prompt me to update firmware. By itself or when I connect it to DJI MIMO app. I tried to reinstall the app, but it didn't help. Are there any other ways to update?
P.S> I got my prompt by now. All updated. I don't know why there was a delay.
2023-12-1
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152605 ft
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-29 09:02
You might be right there about a bit of code. But I have found even using big brand cameras even like Leica you settings go back to default when introducing new firmware.

I think it depends on the camera. I also own the Lumix S5ii full frame mirrorless camera. There was a big FW update in October but all my settings and custom presets were preserved
2023-12-1
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

BruceLee Posted at 11-30 12:31
Same for me also.  Waiting to hear a solution for this

I did the same thing. However, in my case I realised I had not turned on the mic/transmitter. I expected this to be a problem of my own making but as soon as I reconnected the transmitter to my laptop, this time with the transmitter turned on, I got the red and green flashing lights for a few seconds and the .bin file disappeared. So the firmware updated even though I didn't follow the instructions for doing so to the letter. I'm not recommending it but if anyone who didn't get the red and green lights because the device was not on (even though a green light indicated it was communication with your computer). there may still be hope if you turn it on and reconnect).
2023-12-1
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Steph Jant Posted at 12-1 04:23
I think it depends on the camera. I also own the Lumix S5ii full frame mirrorless camera. There was a big FW update in October but all my settings and custom presets were preserved

I’ve seen it done on many dji drones but sometimes it doesn’t hold present settings for some reason, I think if it was a simple code then it would be easily repeatable but that never seems to be the case and as I said I own a Leica Q3 and new FW removes all your previous settings and it is annoying particularly if you only realize when you’re ready to shoot. Let’s see if they can do something permanently.
2023-12-1
Use props
djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162270 ft
United Kingdom

In terms of the Mic2, the instructions state... "After the firmware update is complete, check the firmware version on a camera to ensure the firmware has been updated successfully". How do you navigate the cameras menu to find this information?
2023-12-1
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17480 ft
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 11-30 21:20
For those of us that didn't update the battery handle. I just attached my battery handle to my already updated pocket 3 and it said UPDATING BATTERY HANDLE and finished in about 20 seconds...simple as that.

Glad to hear you got it working. Did it take you one attempt to update the battery handle?
2023-12-1
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Previously I updated the P3 alone, then later when I connected the battery handle (offline) it just updates.

This time I updated with the battery handle connected - it did both at the same time.
DJI Mic 2 also updated quick and easy using the manual instructions in the first post.

All done and ready to go!
2023-12-1
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When updating the DJI Mic 2, bear in mind once placing the bin file into the root of the Mic you need to disconnect the mic and then manually power it on. as soon as it is powered it will begin the update. Upon completion it will automatically delete the bin update file and you're ready to go.
2023-12-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

My battery updated when I connected it after updating the camera on its own.  I suspect that battery updating will depend on how full it is, to avoid bricking.  Mine was at 100%, (no change since first charge after purchase!).
2023-12-1
Use props
nightlight
lvl.2
Czechia

I hope the next firmware update will bring the 4:3 aspect ratio recording mode, to get the most of the sensor area and be able to crop in post. It doesn't need to be full 4k by 3k (3840 x 3096) but even smaller resolution would still be great.
2023-12-1
Use props
racin06
lvl.1
United States

IftiBashir Posted at 12-1 09:07
When updating the DJI Mic 2, bear in mind once placing the bin file into the root of the Mic you need to disconnect the mic and then manually power it on. as soon as it is powered it will begin the update. Upon completion it will automatically delete the bin update file and you're ready to go.

According to the instructions, the Mic 2 must be powered on prior to connecting to a PC.  You can't manually power it on if it's already on per the instructions below.
  • Make sure the transmitter is powered on. Connect the transmitter to a computer using the UCB-C cable.

2023-12-2
Use props
djiuser_wgumTjfy1sEl
New

Switzerland

Since the last firmware update the focus on webcam mode is going out of focus all the time. Try it out you'll see.  
2023-12-2
Use props
djiuser_Sgr7TBoAusAc
lvl.1

Czechia

Nemá to CZ menu, nekoupím si to. Až bude. Zdar
2023-12-3
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152605 ft
United Kingdom

The latest FW update adds D Log M and HLG to slow motion mode at  BOTH 100 and 120fps - not just 120fps as suggested in the description of the FW update. Thanks DJI
2023-12-3
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

racin06 Posted at 12-2 04:03
According to the instructions, the Mic 2 must be powered on prior to connecting to a PC.  You can't manually power it on if it's already on per the instructions below.
  • Make sure the transmitter is powered on. Connect the transmitter to a computer using the UCB-C cable.

• I made the mistake of not turning the Mic 2 on before copying the .bin file onto it since the green light comes on once connected irrespective of whether the Mic 2 is on or not. As you would expect, it didn't update but as soon as I turned it on to try again, the update initiated without any further action. Maybe I was just lucky but the message is follow the instructions but don't necessarily panic if you make the same mistake.
    2023-12-4
    Use props
    TooDeep
    lvl.4
    United Kingdom

Altero Posted at 12-1 03:58
    Strangely, my Pocket 3 don't prompt me to update firmware. By itself or when I connect it to DJI MIMO app. I tried to reinstall the app, but it didn't help. Are there any other ways to update?
    P.S> I got my prompt by now. All updated. I don't know why there was a delay.

I had the same frustrating problem, Altero. The prompt finally came only after I used the MIMO app to watch some of the footage I had taken. So maybe review some of that great QoS and Mefa coverage if it happens again. If you know, you know!
    2023-12-4
    Use props
    FIOFON
    lvl.3
    United Kingdom

After updating to latest release ny battery handle firmware had not been updated.
    I deleted the app off the phone and downloaded again on pc and copying to downloads folder on phone
    This resulted in the app showing there was an update cagain to the latest firmware.
    Hey presto battery was updated and even better Gimble Recentre now so far after overnight switch off works
    My main concern Op3 appears to be a battery guzzler.
    2023-12-4
    Use props
    Altero
    lvl.2
    Thailand

TooDeep Posted at 12-4 05:19
    I had the same frustrating problem, Altero. The prompt finally came only after I used the MIMO app to watch some of the footage I had taken. So maybe review some of that great QoS and Mefa coverage if it happens again. If you know, you know!

Haha! You got me! Actually, I don't use MIMO app at all. But I use Pocket 3 often. The latest firmware update was nice, but still nothing from my 'wish list'. I will be waiting!
    2023-12-6
    Use props
    Tomdroid
    lvl.3
    Flight distance : 22818 ft
    • >>>
    United States

cobra65 Posted at 11-8 10:29
    Please fix the issue (in FPV mode) when flipping the camera around from selfie to front facing the camera head will auto-tilt to the horizon. This doesn't happen in the Pocket 2 for FPV (but it does in Follow mode). Seems this occurs in all modes on the Pocket 3.
    I also made a video of the issue that is maybe a bit more clear: https://youtu.be/g3rFAUseqcA[Image]

Confirmed from DJI that they don't recognize this as a bug and it's actually expected behavior. Sorry, I know it's a huge pain in the ass
    2023-12-6
    Use props
    misticjeff
    lvl.3
    Flight distance : 73609 ft
    United States

djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG Posted at 12-1 06:04
    In terms of the Mic2, the instructions state... "After the firmware update is complete, check the firmware version on a camera to ensure the firmware has been updated successfully". How do you navigate the cameras menu to find this information?

You probably found this by now, but if not.. take a look at this video, scroll to 4:05 and you'll see where to check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsO4qZkr-zI
    2023-12-7
    Use props
    manxphoto
    lvl.2
    Flight distance : 3797825 ft
    Isle of Man

This firmware update seems to have sorted a problem I had.  On startup the gimble often didn't rotate to the correct position and needed a 'nudge' from me to rotate and on shutdown didn't always return to the 'park' position.  Since the update it's worked perfectly.
    2023-12-8
    Use props
    cobra65
    lvl.1

Germany

Tomdroid Posted at 12-6 03:11
    Confirmed from DJI that they don't recognize this as a bug and it's actually expected behavior. Sorry, I know it's a huge pain in the ass

Ugh that is disappointing. I really hope this gets updated in a future release. It makes the camera super frustrating to use and nothing like the previous two models :-/
    2023-12-12
    Use props
    Dante Vicenzo
    lvl.2
    Flight distance : 2541473 ft
    • >>>
    Brazil

There will be an update to fix corrupted files issue?
    2023-12-13
    Use props
    djiuser_yi4PaNHGgr55
    lvl.1

United States

In the next update, could you please consider allowing longer than 1 sec shutter speed for nighttime photography and time-lapses of stars?
    2023-12-13
    Use props
    Ordep
    lvl.1
    Portugal

Hello, this is my second DjI product, I recently purchased the OP3, I am very pleased with the concept and what it offers to enjoy the OP3, there are things that really bother me about it, and I will mention a few:  1st - The Light Flickering control is the worst I have on all electronic video and photography devices, by far it all works well, it's really very bad, in my country it's 50Hz and not even in automatic mode or specifically selecting 50Hz can it work a clean, flicker-free image when the lights are on, especially at night. They must review this situation urgently. It's frustrating and negates the use of the video for more demanding situations.  2nd - When I turn the OP3 on vertically and switch to landscape mode, the adaptation to that mode on the display takes time to happen, with a considerable lag to adapt to the new format.  3rd - I would like and it would be logical and common sense if we could also change the exposure values manually (EV) before starting recording, which currently only allows after recording has started. Does not make sense.  4th - When doing PAN, the image drags at various times, even using the Gimbal in slower mode, this improves but does not eliminate the effect. I use a fast SanDisk card with 130Mb/s writing.  Thank you for your attention
    2023-12-14
    Use props
    DaveSp
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 6562 ft
    United States

Ordep Posted at 12-14 11:51
    Hello, this is my second DjI product, I recently purchased the OP3, I am very pleased with the concept and what it offers to enjoy the OP3, there are things that really bother me about it, and I will mention a few:  1st - The Light Flickering control is the worst I have on all electronic video and photography devices, by far it all works well, it's really very bad, in my country it's 50Hz and not even in automatic mode or specifically selecting 50Hz can it work a clean, flicker-free image when the lights are on, especially at night. They must review this situation urgently. It's frustrating and negates the use of the video for more demanding situations.  2nd - When I turn the OP3 on vertically and switch to landscape mode, the adaptation to that mode on the display takes time to happen, with a considerable lag to adapt to the new format.  3rd - I would like and it would be logical and common sense if we could also change the exposure values manually (EV) before starting recording, which currently only allows after recording has started. Does not make sense.  4th - When doing PAN, the image drags at various times, even using the Gimbal in slower mode, this improves but does not eliminate the effect. I use a fast SanDisk card with 130Mb/s writing.  Thank you for your attention

Under Auto Exposure settings, you can manually set EV.
    2023-12-14
    Use props
    Ordep
    lvl.1
    Portugal

DaveSp Posted at 12-14 14:18
    Under Auto Exposure settings, you can manually set EV.

Yes, I know, and it is, by default, at EV -0.3, but that means having to go to the settings and having to change them. Another thing is having the possibility to change it even before you start recording, because the brightness often changes very quickly at the end of each clip. On other equipment, I can change on the fly in any situation. This situation has already been reported by several users who change the exposure compensation frequently to create a more homogeneous video, and have to change this detail each time. The image and timing is dynamic, and the ability to quickly change the compensation would be very useful. And what's worse, what I mentioned in my previous comment, is that OP3 only allows me to make this change during recording, and not before quickly. Which doesn't make sense, as the changes will be noticed and they will be recorded, and if we don't get the value right the first time, there is a risk that the same error will be recorded, which is not pleasant visually.
    2023-12-14
    Use props
    Richard Treherne
    New

United Kingdom

djiuser_yi4PaNHGgr55 Posted at 12-13 11:36
    In the next update, could you please consider allowing longer than 1 sec shutter speed for nighttime photography and time-lapses of stars?

Absolutely :-) would be great, I bought the pocket 3 and sold my action 4, I took some great star/night lapses with the 4, as well as great photos with long shutter time and didn't realise the 3 didn't have that feature, here's hoping an update will put shutter  times to the same level as the 4.
    2023-12-15
    Use props
    Irish Mafia
    lvl.1
    United States

StefanDjiMini2 Posted at 11-5 06:37
    Does the Pocket 3 have buzzing audio when an external mic is connected?

I haven't noticed it.  What I have noticed is the USB-C mic audio is very muted and muttled sounding.  When I played back the .WAV file it was perfect.  So, the recording is fine, the audio encoded into the .mp4 is not.   I really hope this is something DJI can look at and fix in firmware.
    2023-12-15
    Use props
    EnTuMente
    lvl.3

Spain

Please, I urgently need the old version of the Mic 2 firmware.

I have version 04.02.01.13 and I need the version before that.

DJI has done the current version wrong.

Putting an auto off on the Mic 2 without being able to activate and deactivate this function does not seem correct to me and has ruined several videos for me.
    2023-12-18
    Use props
    KIRILLNE
    lvl.2
    Russia

1)Thank you for adding 60 fps for the webcam mode, BUT they do not work, the picture does not change smoothly.
    2) And in webcam mode, the camera gets terribly hot at the junction of the body and the gimbal, although in video recording mode it is usually not that hot even at 4k 60 frames, and as a webcam it works at 1080 30 frames per second. .. ,
    3) maybe you need to reduce the load on the camera in this mode! since my phone transmits video from the camera via ADB without heating for 10 hours h.265, is it still possible to make the picture go to the computer like on the camera screen without additional load on it, or is the problem in the long-term continuous operation of stabilization in one place, is there heating there (the place where the camera rotates from left to right)?

Of course, I understand that this is not what your camera is for, but it would be cool to beat competitors like insta360 link, which on the same gimbal hardly gets warm when transferring video to a computer (

4) and another question about Microphone Mik 2, when connected via Bluetooth to a laptop and phone it shakes at different times, which creates interference when recording, while there are no such problems when recording to the camera and to the microphone’s memory, will this be possible? will be fixed in its new firmware
    5) It would also be nice if it is impossible to remove this noise by connecting a microphone via Bluetooth - connect it via a USB cable directly to the computer as an external microphone, since now it is only visible as a flash drive
    2023-12-23
    Use props
    skywalker1905
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 859160 ft
    United States

I just got Pocket 3 today and found that when I go to the Gimbal Modes menu, if I'm in the Follow mode and try to use tilt Locked mode, when I swipe left and stop on the screen, it's very hard to stop in the middle one and it always skips it and chooses the FPV mode, if I use click instead swipe it works, the swipe left/right gesture is very hard to use, same issue when I swipe right when I'm in FPV mode, and also same issue in Rotational Speed selection etc.
    My firmware is 01.02.06.04
    2023-12-23
    Use props
    ciyop35621
    New

India

Unboxing Osmo Pocket 3 Creator Combo & Standard https://youtu.be/Y76RPoCRws4
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y76RPoCRws4?si=7vpKWXFi6o_wzYXg&amp;controls=0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    1-10 02:16
    Use props
    ciyop35621
    New

India

https://youtu.be/Y76RPoCRws4?si=pxIYxwT2nA54AvBq
    1-10 02:18
    Use props
    Przdnt
    New

Russia

Hi all! I think I have a bug. My Pocket 3 automatically exits the shooting mode selection menu. I hadn't noticed this before. Now, if you don’t touch the screen for 2 seconds, it exits the menu on its own. Am I the only one having this problem?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q16ccgKT1pBMObg1AoL8ae7m5ifrVz8A/view?usp=share_link
    1-11 03:24
    Use props
    snoopx
    lvl.2
    United Kingdom

"...My Pocket 3 automatically exits the shooting mode selection menu..."
    That's normal behaviour. Mine's always done that. Got to make your selection quickly!

1-11 11:20
    Use props
    DJI Gamora
    Administrator

Przdnt Posted at 1-11 03:24
    Hi all! I think I have a bug. My Pocket 3 automatically exits the shooting mode selection menu. I hadn't noticed this before. Now, if you don’t touch the screen for 2 seconds, it exits the menu on its own. Am I the only one having this problem?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q16ccgKT1pBMObg1AoL8ae7m5ifrVz8A/view?usp=share_link

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. Please allow us to confirm this phenomenon to our relevant team for further checking. Rest assured that the latest information will be forwarded here.
    1-14 00:03
    Use props
    UweE
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 1016775 ft
    • >>>
    Germany

snoopx Posted at 1-11 11:20
    "...My Pocket 3 automatically exits the shooting mode selection menu..."
    That's normal behaviour. Mine's always done that. Got to make your selection quickly!

you are right, standard behaviour.
    But, 1 second more would be convenient
    1-14 03:18
    Use props
    DJI Gamora
    Administrator

Przdnt Posted at 1-11 03:24
    Hi all! I think I have a bug. My Pocket 3 automatically exits the shooting mode selection menu. I hadn't noticed this before. Now, if you don’t touch the screen for 2 seconds, it exits the menu on its own. Am I the only one having this problem?

Update: Upon checking, we've verified that this is within the normal phenomenon of the DJI Pocket 3. Thank you for your patience.
    1-18 00:54
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules