New DJI Osmo Pocket 3 Firmware Released (01/31/2024)
45764 228 2023-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Gamora
Administrator

UweE Posted at 1-14 03:18
you are right, standard behaviour.
But, 1 second more would be convenient

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your input. Rest assured that your suggestion will be forwarded to our relevant team for reference. Thank you for your continued support.
1-18 00:56
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-18 00:56
Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your input. Rest assured that your suggestion will be forwarded to our relevant team for reference. Thank you for your continued support.

I want more like 10 seconds if not tapped. I often make wrong selections. 2 seconds is totally too fast if you are not in laboratory environment...
1-18 01:02
Use props
djiuser_zWbqY7pG3sxj
lvl.1
Japan

I am still waiting all lock mode which added to pocket2 by FW upgrade. I know I can do it by keep pushing stick even now, but I need to do this without pushing button.
1-18 05:14
Use props
bestravelvideo
lvl.3
Greece

Being a new user of DJI Osmo Pocket 3,
I would like to add a couple of future firmware update requests.

Firstly, the option to use zebras on the screen of Pocket 3.
I realise zebras are visible via the app on a mobile but that beats the point of portability.
Furthermore, since this could be an optional feature, it would be helpful for anyone using filters or not and does not want to rely on highlights proper exposure using the EV dial to the right, which is only active once you hit rec.

Secondly, the option to increase bitrate, at least when shooting HLG or Log.
It could be labelled as advanced, experimental, or optional so there are no problems with users that might come around any potential overheating or memory card failure, of not using a proper fast card. I humbly think that 80 Mbps is not high enough for a 10-bit recording in 4K at 24 fps.
Samsung for example has somewhere "hidden" an option to double your mobile's bitrate and this makes a huge difference in the final video.

Thirdly, could there be an option that the EV setting to be bigger so it would be more visible?
I mean the top right EV display when shooting, as it now seems to small.
It would not only save time but also make it easier if we could see it more easily.
(I am not talking about the option to slide the EV from the right when shooting).

If anybody else shares the same thoughts, do add your comments and suggestions so the mechanics might consider any of these in a future update.
As I mentioned above, they could add these as optional settings, so all users are happy!
1-18 05:46
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Zebras (or histograms as well) might not really work on that tiny screen.  Sure, it's bigger than the Pocket 2 screen but even so...  And in another recent discussion (sorry , I can't remember which) a DJI engineer commented that the device lives close to the thermal capacity of the processor, so an increase in bit rate might cause rapid overheating which would defeat the object.  But of course only DJI actually know the answers to these quesitons!
1-18 05:58
Use props
bestravelvideo
lvl.3
Greece

Yes, this makes sense about the potential overheating.
Zebras work on my Sony camera which is not so much bigger and they are optional to enable, that's the key.
I would like this feature to be optionally enabled, since it's already available via the app, but only visible on your mobile.
Just a personal thought, but I find zebras more accurate and convenient than a highlights display, which is also only visible via the app.
Many using highlights on cameras will naturally disagree.
Putting the highlights display on the small screen of the Pocket 3 would make no sense, it would be distracting.
Instead, the zebras could be enabled only for those who wish to do so.
Without that, you either have to look at the tiny EV, or just always look at the brightest light source on the screen.
With zebras, you are only focused on how to move with the Pocket 3 and not trying to evaluate if the exposure is proper.
A small exposure deviation might not be important for some, but it is for us that want to use the Pocket 3 for other productions, including a commissioned work or stock footage.
1-18 06:12
Use props
tzsog
lvl.4
Hungary

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-18 05:58
Zebras (or histograms as well) might not really work on that tiny screen.  Sure, it's bigger than the Pocket 2 screen but even so...  And in another recent discussion (sorry , I can't remember which) a DJI engineer commented that the device lives close to the thermal capacity of the processor, so an increase in bit rate might cause rapid overheating which would defeat the object.  But of course only DJI actually know the answers to these quesitons!

We want just increase the bitrate only on 24-25fps ,not on 50-60fps!

ex : now on 24-30fps can run forever without overhiting ,and 60fps use 100+ mbits anyway and little limit.

so if there in "pro" mode "extrame bitrate " only for expert users  24-25fps that culd be nice

another question :
We have this "proxy" files creatied during record that culd be nice if pro mode can turn it off (?) and i think use less processor power.(?) I know use for waching back in Mimo app or pocket srceen or  something  but i never use i diretly copy to my pc .i want it just turn it off if possible

Thx
1-18 10:54
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Aavis Posted at 1-18 01:02
I want more like 10 seconds if not tapped. I often make wrong selections. 2 seconds is totally too fast if you are not in laboratory environment...

Hello, there. Thank you for your additional input. Rest assured that your suggestion will be forwarded to our relevant team for future reference. Cheers!
1-21 02:57
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_zWbqY7pG3sxj Posted at 1-18 05:14
I am still waiting all lock mode which added to pocket2 by FW upgrade. I know I can do it by keep pushing stick even now, but I need to do this without pushing button.

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your feedback. We will cascade your idea to our respective team for awareness. We appreciate your support!
1-21 02:59
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

bestravelvideo Posted at 1-18 05:46
Being a new user of DJI Osmo Pocket 3,
I would like to add a couple of future firmware update requests.

Hello, there. Thank expressing your suggestion to us. We appreciate your feedback and value your suggestions. Our development team is always looking for new and innovative ways to enhance our product for our customers. Your input is very important to us and we'll make sure to pass your suggestion along to the team. Thank you for your great support!
1-21 03:08
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

tzsog Posted at 1-18 10:54
We want just increase the bitrate only on 24-25fps ,not on 50-60fps!

ex : now on 24-30fps can run forever without overhiting ,and 60fps use 100+ mbits anyway and little limit.

Thank you for your additional input. Please stay assured that your input will be forwarded. In the meantime, may I confirm if you're referring to the LRF file generated by the DJI Pocket 3? I hope to hear from you soon.
1-21 03:10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It would be really nice to see the digital zoom being added to the timelapse and motion lapse modes.  
1-31 01:06
Use props
SimonMW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361263 ft

United Kingdom

The USB connection still keeps disconnecting randomly! Can you please sort out this bug because it means the device is useless as a webcam and totally unreliable for transferring files to a computer!
1-31 01:12
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

SimonMW Posted at 1-31 01:12
The USB connection still keeps disconnecting randomly! Can you please sort out this bug because it means the device is useless as a webcam and totally unreliable for transferring files to a computer!

never had that...
Maybe you should look on the computer side or the cable
1-31 02:28
Use props
SimonMW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361263 ft

United Kingdom

UweE Posted at 1-31 02:28
never had that...
Maybe you should look on the computer side or the cable

If you look on these forums there are LOTS of people who are having this issue, and it's nothing to do with cables or the computer. It's doing it with the default cable, third party cables, Macs, PCs. It's the camera that keeps disconnecting itself, whether it's in webcam mode or USB file transfer mode.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-301243-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-300788-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-302304-1-1.html

There are even more threads on Reddit about it as well.
1-31 02:35
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

DJI Mic 2 Transmitter Firmware Version: v04.02.01.13 is dated from november.And by the way i still have no popup for firmware update (Paris, France)

1-31 04:43
Use props
Edward982
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3986 ft
Ireland

We need longer manual exposure on the Osmo Pocket 3. Please up it from 1 second to at least 15 seconds.
1-31 05:36
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

I do not understand the Mic2 update, on the DJI Mic 2 section of the forum the version of the transmitter is "DJI Mic 2 Firmware v04.03.08.31(Transmitters)2024-01-31".

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D926%26typeid%3D926

I own the Mic 2 that came with OP3 AND Dji Mic 2 Bundle (2TX+1RX).

I'm sure not to be the only one in that situation.
What are we suppose to do ??

Its confusing !!!!!
1-31 06:02
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 1-31 06:02
I do not understand the Mic2 update, on the DJI Mic 2 section of the forum the version of the transmitter is "DJI Mic 2 Firmware v04.03.08.31(Transmitters)2024-01-31".

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=306481&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D926%26typeid%3D926

I found it from here:

https://www.dji.com/fi/mic-2/downloads
1-31 08:23
Use props
djiuser_0bFrR3rULkQA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 993829 ft
  • >>>
United States

We need Geotagging! Why cannot this be done when connected to DJI Mimo with your phone??
1-31 09:43
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What's the latest battery handle firmware version please?
Not sure if my battery handle updated?
1-31 12:14
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

me too but it is not the same version they show in firmware upgrade of the OP3

OP3 with MIC 2 : Firmware version : v04.02.01.13 (November 2023)

DJI Mic 2 solo or bundle : Firmware version : v04.03.08.31(January 2024)

So what should we do ?
Does the v04.03.08.31works with OP3 ??

Its confusing.

Capture d’écran 2024-01-31 à 21.36.04.png
Capture d’écran 2024-01-31 à 21.36.27.png
1-31 12:37
Use props
snoopx
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks to the DJI Team for the v01.03.05.02 (2024.01.31) update. I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but one 'bug' I've come across that is still present is the following.
I have set my video compression to H.264 rather than HEVC H.265 since I find the latter files too hard to work with on my hardware.
This works fine until I enter Slo Mo Mode, which is only available in H.265. However, on leaving Slo Mo Mode and returning to Video Mode or Low Light mode, the codec sticks at H.265 and subsequent video at eg 25 or 50 fps is encoded in H.265 rather than H.264.
So unless you remember to go through the settings again and reenable H.264, all your footage is in unusable H.265.
I don't know if this behaviour is by design, but it would be better if once you have set your preferred video codec to H.264 in Video or Low Light Mode, it sticks at that rather than changing to H.265 after you briefly enter Slo Mo Mode for the odd slo mo clip.
1-31 13:12
Use props
manz187
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15866 ft
  • >>>
United States

snoopx Posted at 1-31 13:12
Thanks to the DJI Team for the v01.03.05.02 (2024.01.31) update. I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but one 'bug' I've come across that is still present is the following.
I have set my video compression to H.264 rather than HEVC H.265 since I find the latter files too hard to work with on my hardware.
This works fine until I enter Slo Mo Mode, which is only available in H.265. However, on leaving Slo Mo Mode and returning to Video Mode or Low Light mode, the codec sticks at H.265 and subsequent video at eg 25 or 50 fps is encoded in H.265 rather than H.264.

DJI is really struggling. I have a Pocket 3. Where can I download the most recent firmware? The one I see is from October?
1-31 18:12
Use props
djiuser_VkEfFKi15l8R
lvl.1

Poland

Hello.

Is it possible to cancel record using DJI Mic 2?
2-1 00:20
Use props
snoopx
lvl.2
United Kingdom

manz187 Posted at 1-31 18:12
DJI is really struggling. I have a Pocket 3. Where can I download the most recent firmware? The one I see is from October?

Hi,
Unfortunately firmware upgrades are only available via the DJI Mimo App which you have to download to your mobile phone.
Once installed, the App will notify you when there's an update. Just click on the update notice and follow the prompts.
2-1 02:21
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 1-31 12:37

@DJI team

Can we please have an answer about this ?

Thanks in advance
2-1 04:31
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

as far as I see it, it is clear, that for OP3 users with only 1 Mic2 transmitter, the "old" firmware is still the one, as stated in DJI's change notes
2-1 05:27
Use props
manz187
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15866 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 2-1 04:31
@DJI team

Can we please have an answer about this ?

hey bud i just used the mimo app and it updated
2-1 05:27
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 1-31 06:02
I do not understand the Mic2 update, on the DJI Mic 2 section of the forum the version of the transmitter is "DJI Mic 2 Firmware v04.03.08.31(Transmitters)2024-01-31".

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D926%26typeid%3D926

I am in the same situation: Osmo Pocket 3 Creator Combo; DJI Mic 2 (2TX + 1RX); and also a separate white DJI Mic 2 (TX).
2-1 08:28
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 1-31 12:37

All the Mic2 transmitters are the same.

Download latest Mic2 firmwares from the Mic2 site.

The first Mic2 firmware was put in to Pocket 3 downloads because Mic2 was not released yet.

From now on always download Mic2 firmware from Mic2 site. v04.03.08.31 works great with Pocket 3 and Action 4.
2-1 10:52
Use props
Tomdroid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22818 ft
  • >>>
United States

@DJI Gamora the tilt-lock centering buggy behavior still exists as of this most recent firmware. Is there any communication from the team to fix this, or add it as a feature to adjust it to the match the behavior of nearly all other gimbals on the market, including the last 2 generations of the pocket series? Please refer to my topic with over 5000 views and counting.
2-1 16:55
Use props
polucigan
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The gimbal is locked when using the joystick. This was not the case in previous versions. This is not the case in other gimbals. please fix this.

at frame rate 50, the camera sets the shutter speed to 1/50.
It is not right. 1/50 should be for frame rate 25.
For 50 fps it should be 1/100.
2-2 21:51
Use props
fans0c6c1ced
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

"Overview
Date: 2024.01.31
Firmware Version: v01.03.05.02
DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.11.6
DJI Mimo App Android: v1.11.4
"DJI Mic 2 Transmitter Firmware Version: v04.03.08.31

What’s New
Added cancel recording function. Users can press and hold the Shutter/Record button to cancel during recording. The footage will not be stored after cancelling, saving storage space. (This function is not available in Timelapse, Motionlapse, and Webcam Mode.)"

This change is very dangerous for loosing entire recording... I used to end the recording by press and hold the record button and power off the unit without rotating the screen. Can we have the  option to enable power button functionality the old way please? Also any accidental extended press on power button can cause entire recording disappear...
2-3 09:42
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

fans0c6c1ced Posted at 2-3 09:42
"Overview

This option is absurd without an on/off menu.

Gentlemen of DJI, why do you release options that only harm other initials?

Why do they release options without an activator/deactivator without giving the buyer/users a choice?
2-3 14:58
Use props
djiuser_Y2tCmCgmKLMc
New

United States

Please add the ability to use the Pocket 3 as a traditional camera. FPV and lock mode don’t work with some of the creative shots I want to get. It’s very frustrating. I want the camera to stay in one place without using the gimbal at all.
2-4 15:56
Use props
MartianSunset
lvl.3
United States

fans0c6c1ced Posted at 2-3 09:42
"Overview

The proper way to stop a recording is to briefly press the Record button. If you want to then shut down, you long press. This takes perhaps an additional second. DJI has enhanced the long press to automatically delete a recording in progress. This is a great feature for false starts, unexpected interruptions and bad takes and saves an enormous amount of time instead of having to go into the file menu find them and delete them.

I suppose there could be an option to turn this off and on but this one seems unnecessary. Sometimes new features mean adapting/changing old habits.
2-4 17:22
Use props
fans0c6c1ced
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

MartianSunset Posted at 2-4 17:22
The proper way to stop a recording is to briefly press the Record button. If you want to then shut down, you long press. This takes perhaps an additional second. DJI has enhanced the long press to automatically delete a recording in progress. This is a great feature for false starts, unexpected interruptions and bad takes and saves an enormous amount of time instead of having to go into the file menu find them and delete them.

I suppose there could be an option to turn this off and on but this one seems unnecessary. Sometimes new features mean adapting/changing old habits.

Hi MartianSunset, I think this is too much to expect  from one button, power on, power off, start recording, stop recording and now cancel at the same place... Yes, this new function is to address possible user imperfections etc. during the recording, but the same accidental user imperfections can now cancel/delete/evaporate entire ~16GB, ~32mins of 4K recording...

I don't think it's worth the risk it created especially in the universe of many other DJI devices also do not have this same "cancel/delete the recording" functionality associated with the record button... I think DJI need to try maintaining operational standards/principals among different cameras  (pockets, actions...)

Yes, it would be great to have an option to disable the "cancel"...
2-4 23:22
Use props
djiuser_3jGLuCmSoh2p
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Nice,but what about the filters ?
We still can NOT turn off the device with a filter on the lenses like the Pocket 2 for example!!!
Every time I need to remove the filter before turning off the Pocket 3.
Honestly.....I personally prefer an update who can fix that issue !
2-5 03:35
Use props
snoopx
lvl.2
United Kingdom

snoopx Posted at 1-31 13:12
Thanks to the DJI Team for the v01.03.05.02 (2024.01.31) update. I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but one 'bug' I've come across that is still present is the following.
I have set my video compression to H.264 rather than HEVC H.265 since I find the latter files too hard to work with on my hardware.
This works fine until I enter Slo Mo Mode, which is only available in H.265. However, on leaving Slo Mo Mode and returning to Video Mode or Low Light mode, the codec sticks at H.265 and subsequent video at eg 25 or 50 fps is encoded in H.265 rather than H.264.
So unless you remember to go through the settings again and reenable H.264, all your footage is
in unusable H.265. I don't know if this behaviour is by design, but it would be better if once you have set your preferred video codec to H.264 in Video or Low Light Mode, it sticks at that rather than changing to H.265 after you briefly enter Slo Mo Mode for the odd slo mo clip.

Can a DJI Moderator please ensure this bug is passed on to the developpers for their consideration and attention?
Thank you.
2-5 04:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules